H&M cancels Kate Moss campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of yet, I haven't noticed any major companies dropping models for the effect their anorexia might have on young women, Something stinks...

Last edited by a moderator:
helena said:
jadee you are right there is a hypocracy in the tabloid press. But I think there is a legitimate public interest in knowing the truth about this girl who is sooo influential to young women. You just need to look at the posts here to see how much people adore her....but she is an illusion and she isn't a good role model. I do think people should know the truth. Thats why I don't think any claim that her privacy was breached will wash.

As I said before with priviledge comes responsibility.

you are of course right with this.

but i have to admit that i have seldom experienced that any star was followed so excessively by her fans as kate moss is .... to be honest .... i think it has taken on sick dimensions. they complain if there is one day when they're not knowing what she's doing/wearing etc. .... they comment on every single move, the paparazzi who feed them sit in every corner ... she cannot do a thing like a normal person so i don't expect her to act normal. i don't know, i would feel so trapped in her situation that i wouldn't know what i was doing....

sorry for my off-topic-ness:ninja:

anna karina, I agree :flower:

I'm not very surprised that H&M dropped Kate. This news is disappointing (I was looking forward to seeing the ads), but then again so was her behaviour.......

Kate Moss is "the word", "the name" that comes to mind when a lot of people thing of "models"

muffy said:
Did they already shoot the ads? Is there a way too still see them?

i'm pretty sure they already shot the campaign, this was in wwd and fwd weeks ago:

Shot by Mario Sorrenti, Kate, who wears a limited-edition hand-embroidered jacket for the campaign, will appear in print ads in Europe and across America.

i'm not surprised they dropped kate either; h&m is a "family" store and they do have an image to uphold...but reshooting at this point, when the collection is set to hit stores in 2 months, and the mags the campaign was set to run in (vogue, bazaar, lucky, etc.) for november/december have probably already gone to press is going to be expensive for them.

PrinceOfCats said:
As of yet, I haven't noticed any major companies dropping models for the effect their anorexia might have on young women, nor did a cocaine buffet prevent Elton John becoming Sir Elton John. Something stinks...

Having anorexia isnt illegal. Not a good example to set, but still it's not the same as using drugs and getting caught at it. This is about her doing something illegal, that's mainly the reason why she got fired. I can't even see how you can compare this to Elton John becoming "Sir"

well pepsi did cancel their endorsement deal with madonna after she came out with the "like a prayer" album...

i think it depends on the situation, how intense it is...when there's a pic of you engaging in "questionable" behavior on the front of a major newspaper, people are going to notice.

And when Bai Ling pose in Playboy, they cut her scene(s) off from Star Wars.

I'm so confused. The Newspapers this morning all said she was getting a second chance, and I get home from school and she's out of work? Whatever. Its not like she needs the money.

For those who think Kate should change her ways because she's such a "role model" for young girls. What happened to people taking responsibilty for the actions they take. Kate Moss, or anyone else for that matter, cannot be blamed for what poor, influencial teenagers do. Please.

I guess its sad that she's using. But whatever. Its really none of my business. Nor does it change my opinion about her as a person..or a spokesmodel.

People in this world are far too concerned about 'what everyone else thinks'. When there's not one person that does the right thing...all the time.

Way to be judgemental!! :D

Hang on a minute. Firstly what was the relevence of that vitriol to this thread? He has not turned her into a cocaine taker so has little to do her contracts. Secondly he may be an addict but that is not everything about him. He is a beautiful songwriter and singer and a London icon for his dress sense. Where would Dior Homme and Hedi Slimane be without him lately? Karl Lagerfeld looks like he is the ultimate Doherty fanboy. Pete's lifestyle jeopardises him but then druggie chic partly makes him. There is something incredibly metalic and attractive about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracey Emin and Twiggy have both backed Kate: Tracey says that people should f*** off and Twiggy says it's terrible how Kate has been treated.

Julien McDonald also backed Kate, but we prefer not to talk about him...

Kate Moss Dropped From H&M Ad Campaign

Kate Moss Dropped From H&M Ad Campaign

36 minutes ago

Swedish clothing chain Hennes & Mauritz said Tuesday it will drop a planned advertising campaign with model Kate Moss after she admitted to recently using cocaine.

H&M, Europe's largest fashion retailer, had planned to use Moss to help launch a new collection designed by Stella McCartney that will hit stores in 22 countries in November.

The decision to drop the campaign comes after Moss acknowledged last week that British tabloid reports of her recent cocaine use were true.

H&M initially said it would proceed with the campaign, but company spokeswoman Liv Asarnoj said Tuesday that "after evaluating the situation, we have decided that a campaign with Kate Moss is not consistent with H&M's clear disassociation from drugs."

The company will call in another model for the campaign, Asarnoj said.

H&M said Saturday that Moss had apologized for her drug use and promised in writing to abide by a company policy that models be "healthy, wholesome and sound."

McCartney, daughter of former Beatle Paul McCartney, will design a limited women's collection of about 40 items that will go on sale in 400 stores on Nov. 10. Last year, H&M released a similar collection designed by Karl Lagerfeld, which sold out in a few hours in many stores worldwide.

anna karina said:
you are of course right with this.

but i have to admit that i have seldom experienced that any star was followed so excessively by her fans as kate moss is .... to be honest .... i think it has taken on sick dimensions. they complain if there is one day when they're not knowing what she's doing/wearing etc. .... they comment on every single move, the paparazzi who feed them sit in every corner ... she cannot do a thing like a normal person so i don't expect her to act normal. i don't know, i would feel so trapped in her situation that i wouldn't know what i was doing....

sorry for my off-topic-ness:ninja:

no anna you are right...its mental how much the girls is stalked. ther eis something tragic about the whole situation. when i first read about all this I thought to myself 'i wonder if corrine day and her first bookers etc feel in any way responsible here' they plucked a little girl & hurtled her into this mad adult world when she should have been going to school & going shopping with her mum....how could you grow up & be normal when you have had your teenage years like that....

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/fashion/AP-HM-Moss.html

&M initially said it would proceed with the campaign, but company spokeswoman Liv Asarnoj said Tuesday that ''after evaluating the situation, we have decided that a campaign with Kate Moss is not consistent with H&M's clear disassociation from drugs.''

The company will call in another model for the campaign, Asarnoj said.

----------------

I wonder who her replacement will be

if a had an employee that was drug addict, i would fire them.
don't care if it's kate moss, marylin monroe (sp) or lady di. business is business and you should respect me, your employer, because at the end of the day i'm paying you big time.

i also can't believe that people are trying to defend her. i have no addictions of any type and i'm not in her position, but if she wants to act freely she should also take the responsibilities for her behaviour.

i think Desicion of HyM is stupid, They have to see the photos to know that kate was drugging herself ? Kate is the queen of Of the advertising and merketing, does someone think that kate is going to disappear after this? common
I want to see if in 3 years hym does not contract kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->