Haider Ackermann - Designer, Creative Director of Canada Goose & Tom Ford

The focus of this signing is definitely tailoring, Haider is truly a master at it.
??? where.... the guy is not the worst but definitely not a master of tailoring

The more i looks at his past work the more i see old fashion and lack of distinctive progress in his creative output...

and people get worked up by Hedi´s singular vision lol....Ancora time at TF ....mark my words. we will seeing comments like give him time to develop his vision ....and point out the 3 things they like of the collection as positive remarks lol

collections_3975.width-1200.jpg Berluti-Spring-Summer-2018-Collection-010-450x675.jpgBerluti-Fall-Winter-2017-look5.jpgtumblr_4d2802220e450aa112b3857b71d91d92_bea90496_1280.jpgBerluti-Spring-Summer-2018-Collection-025-450x675.jpgBerluti-Spring-Summer-2018-Collection-004-450x675.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 17.26.01.jpg

The more i looks at his past work the more i see old fashion and lack of distinctive progress in his creative output...

and people get worked up by Hedi´s singular vision lol....Ancora time at TF ....mark my words. we will seeing comments like give him time to develop his vision ....and point out the 3 things they like of the collection as positive remarks lol

View attachment 1303382 View attachment 1303383View attachment 1303384View attachment 1303385View attachment 1303386View attachment 1303387

View attachment 1303388
Ok. Could you wait for the show then? For once we have a happy fashion news… ahaha

He did suits at Berluti…
He did tailleurs at Gaultier.

The goal for a designer who is talented is also to challenge himself at some point. I know we are used to the Hedi mode of operation of replicating everything everywhere but here, we have the opportunity to be surprised.

I don’t think Haider is a revolutionary, more of a disruptor maybe at Tom Ford.
Yes the high water legs suit pants i refreshed my memory i remember them but what i mean is diversity of products ...its also a reason his brand failed there is no brand building products to keep people come back i repeat this because it's the key to building a brand.

The problem is that artistic clothes makers wanting to be creative directors or couturies while it's another type of job and profile of talent .....absolutely we could be surprised this is always a hope just as fact to see something great regardless if i am buying or just observing.

But objectively in the conversation were having here i see it flop more than working out and i am happy to be proven wrong when the actual new TF comes out.

i like TF i had stuff from first seasons but then stopped because i found it old fashioned very fast .....even if i always check the brand out time to time out of nostalgia for Tom´s Gucci hoping he would do something fire adn new again at TF.

Ok. Could you wait for the show then? For once we have a happy fashion news… ahaha
Yes after today i won't write here anymore .....people send me the news on my phone so i started to think about it and had to write lol

Honestly i hope it will be cool and fresh just in general for the brand .......i have one friend left at TF so i hope even for my friend its a new energy and more fun working there.

Not a fan of this appointment, at least from a womenswear prespective
His woman is Tilda Swinton, can HA bring out the strong, sexy, naughty, primal animalistic side of a woman from within?? That remains to be seen

So far, I am more excited about Stefano's ZARA
But HA at TF is better than Clare at Uniqlo

View attachment 1303382

View attachment 1303388

I hate this picture so much, after all these years, he is still doing the half in half out shirting look like Tan France from Queer Eye, just make up your mind honestly

Yes the high water legs suit pants i refreshed my memory i remember them but what i mean is diversity of products ...its also a reason his brand failed there is no brand building products to keep people come back i repeat this because it's the key to building a brand.

The problem is that artistic clothes makers wanting to be creative directors or couturies while it's another type of job and profile of talent .....absolutely we could be surprised this is always a hope just as fact to see something great regardless if i am buying or just observing.

But objectively in the conversation were having here i see it flop more than working out and i am happy to be proven wrong when the actual new TF comes out.

i like TF i had stuff from first seasons but then stopped because i found it old fashioned very fast .....even if i always check the brand out time to time out of nostalgia for Tom´s Gucci hoping he would do something fire adn new again at TF.
Now for the first time of his career, he will have the funds to develop his entire vision.
I think his Berluti was heading, particularly in the winter seasons, into a direction similar to Tom Ford in terms of casual chic.
The difference with Tom Ford is maybe that Tom Ford is more formal.

But essentially, I’m happy for womenswear because Haider is making clothes for adult women and Tom Ford, no matter what is a brand for adult people. It is aspirational to the youth ( I see some of them with the fragrances, the underwear and sunglasses) but it’s adult.

My struggle with Tom Ford by Tom was always the lack of daywear, which was his strength at Gucci and YSL. He had some great moments ( SS2011, FW2012, SS2015, SS2019), some fun moments (SS2012, SS and FW 2013, SS2016) and a lot of unsure, unsettled moments in between where the highlights were the eveningwear but that wasn’t my lifestyle.

This will be Haider’s interpretation of Tom Ford after all. The brand is managed by Zegna. He will have access to much more ressources in terms of fabrics development than at Berluti, which despite being under LVMH was very very small.

He approached Gaultier with intelligence, taping into his own sensibility, Gaultier’s love of Tailoring, mixed with some Cardin and classic Couture references.
I expect the same kind of approach at Tom Ford, beyond the column dresses and the suits.

For me, Tom Ford at Gucci was about sex, at YSL was about sensuality but at his own brand, it’s about Power and boldness!

And when I think about Tilda, she is that! And funny enough, she has a movie with another woman that I associate with Tom Ford: Julianne Moore.

For me it’s a perfect match.

Every single designer is capable of producing substandard, mediocre and outright trash, frankly. Just like even the trashiest brand can surprise with a solid offering when the separates are seen on the racks. If I didn’t know anything about Haider and decided to look up his wears on eBay, I’d be confused AF as to why this man is so admired. And if I were to go by the current offerings from Gaultier, I’d be mortified at why such horrid tackiness exists. Every single one of them can produce pure trash, frankly. And when overwrought, forced and obnoxious styling is added :cough:MAS:cough:, then that insufferable aura is burned deep like a scar.

And despite that reality, the combination of Haider Ackermann x Tom Ford is a marriage that makes such potentially gorgeous sense in an industry that hasn’t been making even decent sense, for so many reasons-- and for such a long time.

BTW, looking forward to the Tom Ford brand evolving away from the dusty, tired image it’s been marinating in for far too long now. And so tired of Tilda doing the same old same old: ...Do something different-- try on a dress... Hope she isn't the new image of Tom Ford.

View attachment 1303382 View attachment 1303383View attachment 1303384View attachment 1303385View attachment 1303386View attachment 1303387

View attachment 1303388

You know, his boots and bomber jackets still regularly sell for pretty high re-sale prices on most of the well-known platforms for archival designer fashion… So I‘m not exactly sure he is doing too badly.

I gave this guy a lot of criticism whenever he was mentioned for Chanel or Givenchy, mainly because his style never resembled any of these houses in any one of his previous collections but Tom Ford is a job that fits in terms of size and brief. I don‘t think any of the new generation designers like Maximilian Davis or those who have openly flirted with Tom Ford’s legacy like Altuzarra, La'Quan Smith or Brandon Maxwell would be able to offer this house anything…

Some really odd comments in here regarding Haider not designing for strong and sexy women, when that is kind of his trademark. He designed for a woman with an appeal for the unconventional, yet she loves to dress very sexy. She can be sexy, elegant, rock n' roll, and avant-garde at the same time, I don't even know any other designer other than him and Anne D. who designed for such women. Tilda might be his muse, but I doubt she is the ultimate HA woman, as she is more of the embodiment of androgynous elegance.

zzzzzzzz.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

What’s there to be said? I’m just happy. Happy that (hopefully for long) he’ll have the resources and opportunity to develop and design clothes that befit his talents. He has the chance to create something special here.

I must say that I never felt Haider’s woman was devoid of sensuality. I always found his woman secure and sexy. There’s always tension.

I only hope he has in the time since evolved his dressmaking into something that the average woman can wear - His heels were usually of the kind that provide no support, with the skinniest, sky-high stilettos. Likewise, some of his dressmaking looked like it would come undone or display an unintentionally lot of skin in places a lot of women don‘t feel confident to reveal skin, unless they have a subscription with the plastic surgeon.

Then again, there‘s the kind of Haider woman who looked cool wearing his man‘s clothing.

Haider's appointment at Tom Ford is a surprise, but not entirely unexpected. When you look at the brand's codes, he checks many boxes. He will be highly anticipated for his women's ready-to-wear, and I'm excited to see what he will present. Some might say it's a risky choice, but I don't think so. TF is staying in a safe zone. I hope he will be able to develop the legacy of our dear Tom
Congrats

Every single designer is capable of producing BTW, looking forward to the Tom Ford brand evolving away from the dusty, tired image it’s been marinating in for far too long now. And so tired of Tilda doing the same old same old: ...Do something different-- try on a dress... Hope she isn't the new image of Tom Ford.
She may be the new image of Tom Ford. I mean she will wear Tom Ford so unofficial face of the brand at least.
She is a Chanel ambassador, much like Timothée and they can’t wear direct competitors. As Tom Ford is not a direct competition, they will probably be the first ones to debut the new Tom Ford.

At least, Timothée is already familiar with the brand.

Kim Jones eat your heart out!!!!!! Vaccarello you to man suck it up ...the new old master has returned.......

The perfection is blinding .. period!

timothee-chalamet-taylor-russell-bones-and-all-venice-premiere-62.jpgTHA red.jpg

I feel hypebeast HA loyal fans will eat it up (i feel the HA TF guy would buy a Piaget polo s watch a watch for high quality smooth dresser sleez dude factor that dress well according to 2016 modern ideals)

sleeaze HA.jpg

My partner and I were going shopping to find some dinner jackets and he wanted to go to Tom Ford, but I was not completely feeling it. BUT NOW .......... credit card just might be burning !! I LOVED Haider's Berluti and was so mad when he left. RHOOO !

FASHION GODS ARE ALIVE.

I'm okay with the appointment, but I'm not particularly excited about it. When it comes to menswear, I don't see a huge shift happening—what he did at his own label isn't all that different from what Tom Ford already offers. Expect more of the same: tailored pieces, velvet and silk bombers, joggers, boots, and so on. I imagine he'll expand the collection with things like printed silk shirts for a quick cash grab, but the overall vibe will stay geared toward "grown adults." That said, there might be some more accessible pieces for his fans, like his signature bombers.

And as for the whole "and above all, he is modern" bit, it's kind of fun shade imo. But maybe he's realized this was something he couldn't achieve with his own brand

Yessssse….i don’t care much for the OG TF womenswear (it’s simply not unique or substantial enough to be codified into the house), so I’d be completely fine if Haider makes it his own. I also prefer his menswear over TF.

His voice has been much missed, and excited for him to have access to Zegna fabrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->