Haider Ackermann S/S 11 Paris

He's proving season after season how talented he his!!! Such an amazing collection, the colors are great!!!

I really love this! This is like Yammamoto + rocker chic! Love the gorgeous dresses with leather vests! Great combination. Love the bows and the colors. Great inspiration + great realisation!

what a great play on obi belts!! Finally a reason worth watching Paris Fashion Week. Love the cut, color, and proportions!! So good! This an continues to gain serious momentum in my book!

so beautiful, even if the autumn/winter collection is still my favourite. the colors are so unexpected.
cant wait for the HQ pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy he continued with the theme he used for the women's looks from his menswear show, this is definitely one of my favourites this season, as he was last season.

He hasn't moved a great deal from his last collection, in fact all he's done is add giant amounts of colours. The collection is stunning none the less. I love the feel of messiness in it, everything looks scrunched up and kinda tied together real quick. Hmm..

Thanks Haider for introducing color variety to your collection, it's just gorgeous...

I LOVE the choice and use of color among the black, but the design on pieces themselves looks kinda messy.

yikes, apart from a couple of looks, not liking this at all.. colour palette seems awkward and it lacks the edgyness his previous collections have had.

yikes, apart from a couple of looks, not liking this at all.. colour palette seems awkward and it lacks the edgyness his previous collections have had.

I agree with you Mike.

I've enjoyed Haider Ackermann the last few seasons and come to think of the label as occupying positioning with Owens, Pugh, Demuelemeester etc but -

1. On first impressions, there's not a single new idea here apart from of course-

2. The introduction of colour which really really doesn't work with these silhouettes and detailing. Maybe introduce one or two colours but there's too much of it and it's not of an appealing hue given what I thought he was trying to say.

So now I'm really confused as to quite where we might position the brand.

Ackermann deserves to be slated for this then, Haider, come back and hit us hard for AW11/12 with tough dark edgy beautiful clothes full of new ideas. We know you can do it - it's what brought you acclaim. But this - you took a risk, it failed, and quite frankly we're left wondering if your judgment and aesthetics were what we thought they were.

Perhaps even a contender for disappointment of the season (although I do suspect that's going to Altuzarra).

He's still doing the same type of clothes but always manages to move me thanks to some little details. And this time, t*ts the fantastic use of colors that blew me away. The yellow dres on Kinga and the orange one on Alana are particulary fantastic. I love the romanticism that come from the collection. There's a lot of leather, as always, but this leather never gives a tough impression on the girls ont he countrary, it looks almost liquid and underline perfectly the Kimono inspirartion.
I also love the fact that the outfits seem to be made with bits and pieces of garments attached together in a messy way, but in the end the whole look is really elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->