Hairstyles For Asian Hair

. . . never been to any of asia in my entire life, but thanks, i guess lol :P that pic was me at a 'Dukes of Hazard' party, crazy Texans we are indeed!

i just realized the pic where i'm smiling makes me look like one of my eyes is bigger until you enlarge it in another window.

Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm
yes....but i just cut my hair....
and now this is what it looks like......
:unsure:
i really miss my long hairrrrrrrrr :cry:
I think your hair is really really cute! how do you get it wavy like that, or is that the way it is. im also asian and my hair will NOT STAND CURLS at all!!! :angry:

Originally posted by MoMoCiTa@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 4:43 am
yes....but i just cut my hair....
and now this is what it looks like......
:unsure:
i really miss my long hairrrrrrrrr :cry:
you look pretty!!!!!!!!!! :woot: I love that colar you have.

I'm getting my hair coloured on tuesday - it'll be my first foray into a significantly lighter colour, and my first foray into professional hair colour - usually I just do it myself. :smile:

This should be intriguing...and sometime later, I'll be getting haircut as well. I'm rather excited. :smile:

Everyone tells me it'll look nice - my SO thinks it'll look "hot" and a friend told me she thinks it'll be "exotic", but :: laughs :: we'll see.

Hopefully it can all be done to my hair for under $200...haha

:smile:

In reference to curls - my hair curls very well, and without the aid of hairspray can stay curled for over a day...or well, whenever I decide to wash my hair...I just learned that just a month or two ago - my friend decided to curl my hair at college, and since I'd been writing papers the whole time, I didn't take a shower until a day or so afterwards, and my hair had stayed curled the entire time. She was so shocked. :: laughs :: She told me that she'd tried to curl some of her Asian friends' hair, and they wouldn't stay curled. But then again, I'm mixed, so that might be it. :smile:

I have an Asian background, I know that for most Asian hair its very fine and hard to stay curled. I recommend to use mousse before you curl to help it stay in place longer and lots of hairspray.
I personally like to curl my hair lightly and have a more natural looking wave than anything else.

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 11 2004, 11:50 PM
I have an Asian background, I know that for most Asian hair its very fine and hard to stay curled. I recommend to use mousse before you curl to help it stay in place longer and lots of hairspray.
I personally like to curl my hair lightly and have a more natural looking wave than anything else.
[snapback]310853[/snapback]​

Hmm I'm Asian, but I've always thought most Asian hair is rather thick, but also hard to stay curled... :unsure:

I have my hair professionally colored a matte-ish or grey-ish brown and get golden highlights.. not very adventurous, but seeing the girls with crispy, lifeless orange hair, I get scared. I have superblackblack hair so I'm not even sure at-home color would work for me...

if you want waves or big soft curls for a night out, i definitely second vintage_princess's advice....but so that it lasts, just load up on the mousse and hairspray and curl it tighter....it doesn't look as nice initially but it'll look good once you loosen it up a bit cuz if you do it loose in the beginning it'll just look straggly and straight by the end of the night

Asian hair, like any other ethnicity, can be in many many different forms. Generally the acknowledgement is that it's medium thickness and straight...of course, it depends on each individual's mix of genetics - some can have finer hair than others, others can have thicker - I know a lot of Asian people, and their hair thickness and style varies.

meowmix - The crispy, lifeless orange hair scares me too - which is why I'm getting mine professionally done. :smile: And, it's so cliche now, because now it looks like no one's making the attempt to actually get their hair done, so there are tons of people wandering around like that. It's like when the asian guys get their hair cut and spiked up except for two long bangs that hang down...GAG. Natural is better, everyone! :smile:

I also echo meomix and vintage_princess' advice when it comes to curling hair and getting it to last. :smile:

about the ugly spikey haircuts -- one day, while we were in the car, my mom was really pissed at something i dunno what it was, but some obnoxious asian kids in a ricer picked the wrong day to tail her then cut her. at the stop light she rolled down her window and was like, 'i'd apprecciate if you'd stop driving likes ***es! and get real haircuts and dye jobs cuz honey that looks like a homemade and that aint good!' of course reffering to the orange spikey, 2 long bangs mess the kids had. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Jul 16 2004, 09:03 AM
about the ugly spikey haircuts -- one day, while we were in the car, my mom was really pissed at something i dunno what it was, but some obnoxious asian kids in a ricer picked the wrong day to tail her then cut her. at the stop light she rolled down her window and was like, 'i'd apprecciate if you'd stop driving likes ***es! and get real haircuts and dye jobs cuz honey that looks like a homemade and that aint good!' of course reffering to the orange spikey, 2 long bangs mess the kids had. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.
[snapback]311752[/snapback]​

Oh, excellent, excellent. Your mum rocks. :smile: I hate ricers, and I hate the hair, etc...so that was good. :smile:

"Asian" Hairstyles

I absolutely love some of the quirky haircuts a lot of girls in Japan/Korea/Singapore (you get the idea) have.

Here are some photos!

11347_5.jpg
7279_5.jpg
10773_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are everywhere, but more popular in Asia.

In the US everyone loves classic long layers or short bobs.

Nothing really too piecey.

I don't know, I guess it depends on where you live. I see those cuts constantly and I'm in the US.

If you live in a more metro area then of course, diversity is at a much larger scale.

I live in Texas and all I ever see is straight medium-long hair, layered. Or short locks hairsprayed to death. :lol:

I just associate piecey, irreuglar layered hair with Asian cultures than I do with Western cultures.

Some other ones

10557_5.jpg
11342_5.jpg
10924_5.jpg

11342_5.jpg

i like this. toni&guy have very similar stuff

i find its easier to do on overly chemically processed hair... my aunt dyed her hair soo many times that it just got so stiff so it just kinda stayed like that cuz most of her hair towards the bottom broke off and the top stayed in place cuz its dried out

Loads and loads of pictures for you... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->