Hedi Slimane - Designer

At least he’s not joining Chanel.

Terrible news! Meanwhile Elbaz and Pilati are still unemployed!!

I have mixed feelings about this unexpected news. Guess I'll have to see his first womenswear and menswear collection, then comments

He brought back YSL from financial, and relevancy death, so he sure is a great choice. I am shocked because, didn't he once say he really resents LVMH suits, and how they operate without appreciation for design talent? Now he is back? Maybe having 100% control was the deal breaker, can't blame him, and hope he doesn't regret it.

Didn't expect this, at all, but will be interesting to see what course he takes the brand in!

Now that's a plot twist! Smart move on LVMH's part, I suppose. But we all know he's going to do what he's always done. I guess Celine is the perfect house for him to go to since there's no real archive or history to reference. Phoebe made it her own, and Hedi will do the same. I'm sure all the ****boys in the L01 jackets will be more than happy.

I love him! Can't wait to see where he will take the Céline house, and how the menswear collections will approach.

This is really surprising and really fantastic. On the one hand it's almost a fact that he won't design for the same mature women and he'll do something like Saint Laurent-Forever 21, but on the other hand he is so needed. His influence is still visible almost everywhere. And I like that he wants to expand the house with menswear and made-to-measure. I think he might have total control now, just like they gave it to Phoebe, for example when she wanted to move her design studio to London.

It's important that it's not a 'Céline lover' that got appointed because the house needs really strong aesthetic after Philo to maintain its success without getting watered down.

BTW Pilati is employed, he does his Random Identities thing.

I couldn't care less. I'm talking about the clothes here.

The fact that he remains in LA makes things only worse. I don't expect him to find any source of inspiration there.

That's just such a general statement to make, contra to the evidence which supports otherwise. People bought the clothes in droves, which is why he was successful. As a matter of your personal taste, then sure he may have ruined it for you.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how he shakes up the brand. I'm all for shaking up fashion these days, and especially for a new menswear brand. The good lord knows that market needs some excitement.

Terrible news! Meanwhile Elbaz and Pilati are still unemployed!!

Totally! Elbaz and Pilati NEED to be given something ASAP!
They still have a very loyal clientele that would follow them to a different house.
I'd love to see Elbaz move to Chanel after KL or even to Givenchy.

So Céline mens = Dior Homme, and womens = YSL?

Wow what a plot twist! Really didn't see this coming. Quite the win for Arnault. I'm excited and intrigued to see how fast and radical his overhaul will be. And finally menswear!

Hedi is a love it or hate it type of designer but it's undeniable his impact wherever he goes. I mean people are still copying his Saint Laurent and even his Dior Homme.

NO! A DISASTER!
Someone told me that they wanted to change from Phoebe but i didn't expect that at all.
This is seriously terrible...

Seriously, Hedi is a genius for what he does but he is the most limited designer i know. So, basically, we will have 2 Saint Laurent.
A disaster...

At least, this will keep him far, far, far away from Chanel.
There's no creative decision behind it as it is pure business oriented and that's what i hate.

I bet all the Celine customers will go to Loewe. JW can really make it work there.

Let's give him a chance...If Slimane goes back to his Dior Homme process and way of making fashion, it's fine for me. If he goes the Saint Laurent way and only serves boring vintage pieces than it would be pointless...

People forget how good his Dior Homme years were... He completely changed menswear...and if guys wear skinny jeans today it's sill because of him haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to Vaccarello and Kering holding up a clientele now :lol: Claire at Givenchy too better find an identity real quick.

Creating meswear is such a smart move by LVMH! I thinkt here is a clear market for it.

I know right? How is this possible...

I'm astounded no one has snapped up a talent like Alber!! At least we seen Pilati do collaborations, and still being somewhat employed, alebit not by a major house like this, but Elbaz?!! Can we please give him a job! I miss his work (a perfume collab is not enough)! :(

How incredibly unfortunate.

Heidi’s commercial appeal is undeniable - Saint Laurent’s numbers speak for themselves - but to put it politely, he is one of the least inspired and creative designers out there.

Celine could use a few more hit bags so he could help there, at least he is not going to Chanel, and I am impressed they pulled this off without much news getting out. Those are the only positives I could think of.

And my fingers are tightly crossed that Pilati takes over Armani when the time comes so not to mad he didn’t get this :ninja: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Creating meswear is such a smart move by LVMH! I thinkt here is a clear market for it.

I'm astounded no one has snapped up a talent like Alber!! At least we seen Pilati do collaborations, and still being somewhat employed, alebit not by a major house like this, but Elbaz?!! Can we please give him a job! I miss his work (a perfume collab is not enough)! :(

Believe me, if Alber wanted to work, i think it would have been done already. It's not like he is hiding...

Groan (x200). Completely unexpected news; not excited at all to see what he produces but I guess it might not be that bad. I guess he knows how to shift product, so he was always going to end up somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->