Help! Chloe/Fendi

marcbymarj

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking at bags for like over a month. I started out wanting the silverado, then the paddington, then fell in love with the fendi spy! but now I'm debating on all 3 and have no idea which one I want. What are your recommendations, those of you that own some? WHICH IS THE HOTTEST!:( :( :(

wow that is a toughie, for those 3 bags that you've mentioned are absolutely gorgeous:wink:

the silverado - i like the original python brown one from last season, for me that is the best color. This bag is very roomy.

the paddington - great bag! I am in love with this. Fits perfectly on the shoulder and kinda heavy at first, but you'll get used to it.

the fendi spy - i recently returned my medium cognac one and is still waiting for the pleated bags. I adore this bag so much, very roomy (for a mom like me). Great for everyday use.
If I have the money, i'd get all 3. LOL:wink: :D If you're a fan of big bags, go get the fendi spy. Or if if you want just a regular bag- not that big, not that small, go with either the paddington or silverado, although I must say, the leather of the silverado can easily get scratches.

Like a lot of the people here, I get excited when I hear of new bags, but I make the final decision when I see the bag in person. While I get attracted to popular bags, I know I wouldn't buy a bag that I didn't love no matter how popular it was.

I have both the fendi spy python and the green lambskin and I ADORE both. I love the size, the quality is really first rate (my problem with the Chloe bags is they don't appear perfect in the small details). For me, the fendi spy would appeal to a slightly more sophisticated, perhaps older target group than the paddingtons and silverados.

If you are worried about longevity, I think the spy will not be a seasonal It Bag the way the paddington is turning out to be. And if you want Chloe, I would definitely choose the silverado over the paddington.

hmm i don't think the fendi spys are TOP quality... there's been problems with the little mechanism that opens the cosmetic pouch on the front. it seems to be very inconsistent... but neither are the chloe paddingtons though...
i say go with either the spy i guess or the silverado

meowmix said:
hmm i don't think the fendi spys are TOP quality... there's been problems with the little mechanism that opens the cosmetic pouch on the front. it seems to be very inconsistent... but neither are the chloe paddingtons though...
i say go with either the spy i guess or the silverado

I agree. Saw one in the boutique and my Uncle, who was with me and always provide feedback on my choice on bags, did not find it very attractive at all. The bag looked awful on me...the white leather with red handle. The white leather did not feel like good quality leather at all. The leather silverado was better. Needless to say, Bottega Veneta's leather is superb!

Taitai said:
Like a lot of the people here, I get excited when I hear of new bags, but I make the final decision when I see the bag in person. While I get attracted to popular bags, I know I wouldn't buy a bag that I didn't love no matter how popular it was.

I have both the fendi spy python and the green lambskin and I ADORE both. I love the size, the quality is really first rate (my problem with the Chloe bags is they don't appear perfect in the small details). For me, the fendi spy would appeal to a slightly more sophisticated, perhaps older target group than the paddingtons and silverados.

If you are worried about longevity, I think the spy will not be a seasonal It Bag the way the paddington is turning out to be. And if you want Chloe, I would definitely choose the silverado over the paddington.

I have to agree with Taitai, the Fendi Spy does seem to appeal and appear a bit more sophisticated than chloe's bags. Chloe bags look great, but there is something about them that seem more suited for women say under 35.

I checked out the Fendi Spy today, and they had the cognac & chocolate brown. Both very nice, but I was quite suprised how large the medium is after holding up to me in the mirror.
I'm afaid this bag would overwhelm me with it's size...especially after loading it down with items inside. Lovely bag though, I may even consider switching my decision from paddington to spy.

I like the Paddington the best. I have never cared for the spy myself - I hate the reptile skin on the handles and clasp. Someone on another board said it reminded her of a reptile coming out of an egg - and I have to agree.

I think all three bags are kinda "IT" bags..how about something a little more classic?

I would say the Fendi Spy, just because I think it is a little less common than the others. The paddington does absolutely nothing for me, and hearing the quality issues make me dislike it even more. The Silverado in brown python is very nice, and it is a better deal the spy.

I vote for the Spy .. it's very roomy .. you can throw just about anything into it and it's fairly light. I travel quite a bit and it's the perfect carryon size! They are all cute bags, it really just depends on how much stuff you haul around with you and what your lifestyle needs dictate. :D

I think you have to decide what style you like best and what suits your life -- if you shouldn't buy a bag just because it's trendy. with that said, the silverado and paddington are a similar shape and size, so between those two it depends if you like the more rugged look of the silverado and if you can deal with the heavy lock on the paddington. personally, I'm bored with the silverado and I don't like the new leather or the python colors. and the paddington has straps that fit more easily over your shoulder. the spy is a completely different look -- kind of a big shapeless pouch. if having compartments is important to you, the spy might not be for you.

I would say the silverado. It's really not that common and I think it has the most unique design among the three. It is especially gorgeous in brown python.

i'd choose the spy first, because i've never seen any designs quite like it, in the cognac or chocolate of course! then the paddington, and my least fav is the silverado...good luck! you lucky duck!

My favorite is the silverado - I prefer the large size, but that's because I carry around a lot of stuff (cell phone blackberry make up etc) on a daily basis. The lock on the paddington is heavy - and can be easily broken (bag drops, etc).

vintage_princess said:
^ i dunno, the brass padlock is quite sturdy.

I think it depends on the bag you get. Mine broke within 2 weeks (something happened inside the lock and it would not lock). Luckily I purchased the bag from NM so I could return it. If it was an ebay purchase I would have been out of luck. :unsure:

^ oh sorry to hear that. I was worried that was going to happen to my padlock too before i received my paddington. Im glad you got it sorted out.

I think the fendi spy is the hottest at the moment, but vintage princess is right, all 3 are "IT" bags, why not go for a classic like birkin instead:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->