Helsinki shopping

icey

Reaction score
Hey... does anyone have some good Helsinki shopping tips for guys...

I like rock inspired clothes like skinny jeans and hi-tops, leather jackets etc.

Where can I get cool well-fitting colourful rock-style tees ?

icey said:

Union Five on Erottaja and Beamhill on Yliopistonkatu both have pricier streetwear labels like Acne Jeans and Umbro by Kim Jones. Then there's Lux on Uudenmaankatu with young designer stuff ( Peter Jensen, Eley Kishimoto, Henrik Vibskov plus Stephan Schneider coming soon)...Seven on Eerikinkatu has a wide range of Martin Margiela, also cheaper things like cool photo print tees. For the leather jackets I'd try the second hand stores like Play it Again Sam in Kruununhaka...Hope you'll get lucky.

AHHH! I accidentally deleted my post. So:

Carlings and H&M are cheaper mainstream places you can go. Lux is outrageously priced (if you are a student that is), I'd try Myymälä2 opposite Lux for cool t-shirts. Play it Again Sam is more oriented towards dressy womens clothes from the 40's to 70's. If you don't mind digging around, UFF is great for second hand finds. Iso Roobertinkatu (has a great leather section!) and Fredrikinkatu are the best in my mind. And let's not forget the skater oriented Beamhill on Mikonkatu. Also on weekends, the fleamarket Valtteri (located in Vallila) is a personal favourite.

But I'm a girl, so what do I know.

UFF on Roba (Iso Roobertinkatu) is good. At the moment in UFF they're having this week where every day it get cheaper and this Saturday is the "1 euro day", everything there will be 1€. Downstairs they have lots of really cool leather jackets, band shirts and stuff like that.

*EllaH said:
UFF on Roba (Iso Roobertinkatu) is good. At the moment in UFF they're having this week where every day it get cheaper and this Saturday is the "1 euro day", everything there will be 1€. Downstairs they have lots of really cool leather jackets, band shirts and stuff like that.

I love those! Today they had the four euro day and I bought loads of stuff. They also update the stock every day, so you can easily find awesome things if you dig around. Think about getting a leather coat for 4 (or less) euros!!

cakesniffer said:
I love those! Today they had the four euro day and I bought loads of stuff. They also update the stock every day, so you can easily find awesome things if you dig around. Think about getting a leather coat for 4 (or less) euros!!
Yeah, I went on two days but I don't think they updated it. I first went on the 3€ and then on the 2€ day (which was today) and bought loads of stuff, there were still so many things I liked but I went an hour before closing time and didn't have enough time to see everything. And you're so right about having to dig around, but it's so worth it!
And off topic, are you the one with the cakesniffer.com website? I've been to that website so many times and I love the stuff. And the first bag in the bag section is so cute, I used to have that teddybear pillowcase as a kid!

*EllaH said:
Yeah, I went on two days but I don't think they updated it. I first went on the 3€ and then on the 2€ day (which was today) and bought loads of stuff, there were still so many things I liked but I went an hour before closing time and didn't have enough time to see everything. And you're so right about having to dig around, but it's so worth it!
And off topic, are you the one with the cakesniffer.com website? I've been to that website so many times and I love the stuff. And the first bag in the bag section is so cute, I used to have that teddybear pillowcase as a kid!

Were you shopping at Iso Roba today? I was there and kind of woke up of trying on the clothes when the "Dear customers, we are closing in 15 minutes" came :D I was also at the 3 euro day..8 clothes/20 euros. Normally I don't go to UFF cause the prices are too high but I buy lots of stuff when they have these weeks.

EllaH - Yep, I'm Helena from cakesniffer.com :smile: How great that you know our website! and I'm glad you like our stuff. We've heard 'Oh, I had that sheet/pillowcase as a child' fom a lot of people.

indie - I was in UFF yesterday aswell, and for once I had the sence to go there before 18.30! :D it's so annoying when you're just about getting 'in the mood' and they announce that they're closing in 15 minutes. And the weird thing is that I NEVER find anything in UFF when they don't have these special discount days. (They are kind of overpriced for second hand clothes when they aren't on sale.) How strange.

I'm going again tomorrow for the 1 euro day. It's funny how crazy you get when things only cost 1 euro!

indie- Yep I was at Iso Roba, I want to go to the Freda one tomorrow morning for the 1€ day but I don't know if I'm going to have time to go :( At least I've pretty much gone through everything at the Iso Roba UFF. And I agree about their normal prices, especially because I'm very unsure whether all the money actually does go to charity.

cakesniffer- So then you weren't the one who was in hel-looks.com? And by the way how did you get started with your business?

cakesniffer- So then you weren't the one who was in hel-looks.com? And by the way how did you get started with your business?

Nope, that's Sonia on hel-looks. We just kinda started it as a hobby, sorta overnight success. ^_^ There's an article in next months 'IMAGE' about us if you want to check it out.

Good for you! :flower: I'll be sure to read it, must be really exciting for you! Are your things more expensive at the shops than on the website?

Icey- You should also check out this store on Korkeavuorenkatu, I don't remember the name but they've got cowboy boots and stuff like that in the window, I think they might have some interesting things. I've seen some pretty cool t-shirts in the window but I've never gone in because I don't think they have women's clothes.

*EllaH said:
Good for you! :flower: I'll be sure to read it, must be really exciting for you! Are your things more expensive at the shops than on the website?

Thanks. :blush: We're really overwhelmed and everyone has been so supportive! It's really great!

Well yes, the starting price is a bit lower. But when you add the shipping costs it's pretty much the same. Unless you buy a lot of things at once.

I know this is a bit off the subject in terms of Icey's request, but I thought I should share this cos there's finally something happening in terms of high end stuff in Hel:

2+Or on Eerikinkatu: AF Vandervorst clothes (they already got the shoes) and Tsumori Chisato coming in soon

Seven on Eerikinkatu: spring/summer Margiela for men now in the store

Gaudete on Fredrikinkatu: new for a/w 06 Marc by Marc Jacobs plus Veronique Branquinho

Provokante (awful name, non?) in Kamppi: opening in March with Jil Sander, Prada and Chloé

Plus a new store in Tehtaankatu in July/August with Comme and Y's Yohji and another one for autumn next to Seven on Eerikinkatu with Raf Simons, men's Comme, Surface to Air etc...I can't wait

Last edited by a moderator:
tuomas said:
I know this is a bit off the subject in terms of Icey's request, but I thought I should share this cos there's finally something happening in terms of high end stuff in Hel:

2+Or on Eerikinkatu: AF Vandervorst clothes (they already got the shoes) and Tsumori Chisato coming in soon

Seven on Eerikinkatu: spring/summer Margiela for men now in the store

Gaudete on Fredrikinkatu: new for a/w 06 Marc by Marc Jacobs plus Veronique Branquinho

Provokante (awful name, non?) in Kamppi: opening in March with Jil Sander, Prada and Chloé

Plus a new store in Tehtaankatu in July/August with Comme and Y's Yohji and another one for autumn next to Seven on Eerikinkatu with Raf Simons, men's Comme, Surface to Air etc...I can't wait

FINALLY! Was about time we got something in Helsinki.

Love your Detlef avatar BTW.

I checked the store in Kamppi (Provokante, 2nd floor). It's very sleek and Wallpaperish, not my cup of tea, but if you're into mainstream high fashion it's the best in town. Loads of Jil Sander, Prada and Chloé coming in two weeks. Needless to say, super expensive.

Hey all!

...there's Ivana Helsinki also! They have pretty cool stuff..B)

cakesniffer, I read your article, congrats again!
And I've been wondering where they got all this A.F. Vandevorst and Margiela stuff I've been seeing in Nöjesguiden, IMAGE etc. I actually went to Kamppi yesterday but it was so crowded I didn't feel like looking at anything but I'll have to go have a look at Provokante after the "opening hype" is over. Jil Sander is hideously expensive though, as tuomas mentioned already. What's the store on Tehtaankatu going to be called?

*EllaH said:
cakesniffer, I read your article, congrats again!
And I've been wondering where they got all this A.F. Vandevorst and Margiela stuff I've been seeing in Nöjesguiden, IMAGE etc. I actually went to Kamppi yesterday but it was so crowded I didn't feel like looking at anything but I'll have to go have a look at Provokante after the "opening hype" is over. Jil Sander is hideously expensive though, as tuomas mentioned already. What's the store on Tehtaankatu going to be called?

AF Vandervorst from 2+or and Margiela from Seven, both on Eerikinkatu...The store on Tehtaankatu will be called Calypso, awful name, non?

That name sounds familiar... Are they moving or opening there for the first time? What is it with these awful names :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->