Helsinki shopping

wow really great tips !!! Keep them coming !! I'd especially like to know about the men's fashion places...

cheers ! :flower:

what is that shop close to erottaja beside the old Helsingin Sanomat building which sells jeans from true religion, rock and republic etc. what other brands do they have and do they have clothes too or just jeans? Are they for men ?

*EllaH said:
That name sounds familiar... Are they moving or opening there for the first time? What is it with these awful names :lol:

I think it's the 1st time around, though there's this super tacky shop already on the same street with the same name selling interior lines by Versace, Blumarine and Fendi. I really hope it's not the same store. Can't imagine a Comme or Yohji frock hanging next to leopard print sofa. The Helsinki 10 buyers tried to get women's Comme as well, but Calypso will have exclusive rights for at least 2 seasons starting from a/w 06...it's a pity cos I'm far more excited about the Helsinki 10's autumn line up with Raf Simons etc.

Oh that's why it sounds familiar, I pass by that store everyday by tram. I doubt it's the same "Calypso", it wouldn't really make sense to have them in the same store. Although it does seem a bit odd to have two stores with the same name on the same street...
Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?

My God, I hope those shops are good, because I'm going crazy with these mainstream stores that I can't find anything to wear...
I was actually wondering, if I was losing my ability to SHOP, but then I desided that it is the shops.. not me... I hope..

Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?[/quote]

...indeed it does!

Ella said:
Oh that's why it sounds familiar, I pass by that store everyday by tram. I doubt it's the same "Calypso", it wouldn't really make sense to have them in the same store. Although it does seem a bit odd to have two stores with the same name on the same street...
Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?

Ok...it is the same Kalypso with the tacky furniture, how freaky is that? I live round the corner and noticed that they were putting the clothes on the rails...so far I saw Y's Yohji plus Comme Comme and ....unfortunately Dsquared2 and Dirk Bikkembergs, that's one weird selection there. Talked with Minna from 2+or on Eerikinkatu, they're getting Junya Watanabe for next autumn!!!

Helsinki 10 already had some Comme parfumes, the men's clothes should start arriving in July...

I am also visiting Helsinki in July and I'm looking for clothing that will be completly different from what you find here in the States. What are some good vintage/thrift stores? I need a brand new wardrobe so what are some good stores without outrages prices?

Sevenweekslater: I'm not from Helsinki so there's probably a lot better places to go, but on Fredrikinkatu there are several second-hand shops with all kinds of stuff. Many of them carry vintage designer items at decent prices too.

i've listed all the clothes shops for my sales trip to helsinki but i need some good interior shops also... with reasonable prices of course. and i don'tmean anything like day or indiska or that sort of stuff, more rare shops please :flower: i have project going on. feel free to post any styles

Hey all, my first posting!

How come no one's mentioned this young designers' shop called Hundpark on Iso Roobertinkatu. They should have also a website somewhere on the net...

(Hopefully by posting this I'll get rid of the annoying msg box saying that I haven't posted any replies yet...)

New A/w Arrivals in the shops, now!

*Comme Shirt, Raf Simons and Bernhard Willhelm Shoes at Helsinki 10

* 2nd Margiela delivery at Seven

* Junya Watanabe and Af Vandervorst collections at 2+or

* Marc and Paul&joe at Gaudete

* Siv Stoldal, Gaspard Yurkievich Accessories + Ann-Sofie Back
at Wunder

* Raf's first women's Jil Sander + Chloé at Provokante

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

* Helsinki 10 is now carrying Dries van Noten Mens SS/07 collection.

* Provokante seems to be closed down, as I passed the boutique yesterday, all the lights were down & there was only empty space collecting a dust inside.

Provokante is moving to a new location somewhere in Helsinki. They are going to get PRADA for F/W 07-08 YEY at least mens and I think they are going to get womens collection too!!!!! :smile: I'm so happy! I hope they will get those angora leggins and long sweaters! And that gorgeus fur jacket! :smile: :smile: I'm just so happy!!

Could someone make me a neat list of shops which sell high quality clothing? Preferably quite classic clothing. Where are designers sold? If I plan to start shopping for a high quality wardrobe, what places should I check out?

traveling to helsinki

hello, i know this is a fashion forum for style in finland

however i was wondering what areas are cool to stay at in helsinki? i will be traveling there soon.

Whitelinen, I am not sure about what kind of clothes wear....and I'd like some neat list too :P

Helsinki10, Wunder and D'anna come to my mind...Provokante is opening in new location.

Do you know where Provokante is moving? I went to Helsinki10 lately, and warmly recommend it. They have very nice and polite SAs there too.

I am going to Helsinki tomorrow and I hope to get a lot of new clothes :smile:
also I might try to snap some streetstyle when I am there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->