Helsinki shopping

WhiteLinen, I've heard the adress but I can't remember it anymore :doh: But I have something in my mind that it was either going to be opened in the beginning in Mannerheimintie or then in Aleksanteri. I am not sure though.

I also recommend Wunder and Lux for their service! Though I only went for magazines and had some trouble, they were very very polite et all.

According to Provokante own website (www.provokante.fi) they're re-opening on Mannerheimintie 2 by the end of the March. Yesterday I walked pass Mannerheimintie 2, and didn't noticed Provokante... Quite surely it's just that I wasn't paying close attention... or maybe not.

jaxpost said:
hello, i know this is a fashion forum for style in finland

however i was wondering what areas are cool to stay at in helsinki? i will be traveling there soon.

hmmm depends what u r after? Hotel Kämp is the best hotel in Scandinavia. It's 5 star luxury. Then there a the 4 star design hotels GLO, Klaus K.

If you are looking for something cheaper try Scandic Simonkenttä.

It would appear only Lux are flying the flag for young, progressive emerging womenswear in Finland!

Hello
is there any finish designer who sells their stuffs int eh city?

I think i can buy those designer stuffs in paris or ny.. so i dotn think i need to c go helsinki to buy that.

but i like finish home design!! just fantastic!!

esp Iittala

Can anyone confirm? I will visit a friend in septembet. they have an outlet with gr8 price.. can anyone confirm?

thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx loads Indie.. I dunno how to bring em home:-P
Fantastic stuffs i have to find a solution for this:-P

Morro,

Now that high-end fashion is reaching the shops (and streets) of Helsinki: does anybody know if there are any Japanese brands available in the paakaupunki (aside Comme des Garcons)?

Highly interested in Number (N)ine, Yamamoto and Issey Miyake and I would feel delighted if they would be available over there. If not, I have to take a look around in Pietari!

Kiitos paljon ja hyvaa iltaa!

thanx divo.. im goin to helsinki in october so these inputs are gr8

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kiitos paljon [/FONT][/FONT]
xoxo

Where in Helsinki can I get A.P.C. clothing?

Here ya go!!

HELSINKI
spacer.gif
HELINSKI (W) Eerikinkatu 3 - 00100 Helsinki

if ya r from sweden:

A.P.C. MEN & WOMEN Krukmakargatan 26 - 118 51 Stockholm

or

TUSS (Child.)
Artillerigatan 29 - 114 45 Stockholm

Strange... I just visited Helsinki 10 a week ago and saw no A.P.C.

I am going to purchase a Hermès (or other luxury house known for good quality silk) scarf. Do they sell them in Helsinki? I have my guesses where to look for them, but any added information would be great!

I am going to purchase a Hermès (or other luxury house known for good quality silk) scarf. Do they sell them in Helsinki? I have my guesses where to look for them, but any added information would be great!

The closest place to get new Hermès is NK in Stockholm. However, you can find vintage scarves in many places, the best bet being Ruuturouva. She has usually several beautiful scarves ranging from 75 to 150 €. Another place to look is of course Play it Again, Sam. But I'm sure none of these places was news to you :flower:

What kind of scarf are you looking for exactly, and how are you thinking of wearing them? My mum has a couple of Hermès scarves, and while I love them, I've never quite figured out how to wear them in a "natural" way and not look too stiff.

^ I am going to wear them in a quite "vintage" way, think of Audrey Hepburn in Holiday in Rome. As for the style, I am not sure. I have still not decided on the colour that flatters my face the most, but something very classic and graceful would be ideal.

did ya head the shop i meantioned aboved?

Is somewhere in Helsinki a big toy shop or shop where I can find collection Barbie or Tonner dolls?

provokante has opened again, at mannerheimintie 2. there was prada and chloé at least, and the window says they have missoni but i didn't see any. the rails were really bare so i guess they haven't received all their stock yet.

and it definitely didn't open in march, i've been to helsinki a lot this past year and checked at least twice a month :lol: this was the first time i noticed it being open..

Last edited by a moderator:
Divo - Number (N)ines fall collection will be stocked at Helsinki10

When are the Louis Vuitton and Gucci stores opening?

Does anyone have more Helsinki shopping tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->