How to wear leggings successfully

daniellat

Fashion Designer
Reaction score
since leggings became so popular each person gave them their own personal touch but now there seems to be one way to wear them: under denim skirts, tragic! Id love to see other ways to wear leggings and look sophisticated. Feel free to post pics that inspire us to wear them properly and dont end up looking well.... "average"

this is simple yet classy i think

elle.com

Attachments

• 040320071733197991.jpg
    040320071733197991.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 23
they've become tired.

its so VICTIM to wear them these days.

i agree, too.
ive never really worn leggings but so many girls now wear them and look like shites because they're not so good longer.

tights:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I completely agree with DandyWarhol & Alejandro - leggings for me are for pilates and bicycling, not for wearing on the street. I'd wear pajamas before I'd wear leggings on the street. Leggings under a dress or a skirt is only more unbearable. :sick:

Proud to say I have never worn leggings before (this is post childhood lol, I think we all wore them back in the day) but I still don't own any.

I purchased some 2 years ago around Xmas and my little sister wanted them, so I handed them over. I'm not sure why I even bought em.. I think they stiffle the creativity of fashion nowadays.

I still wear leggings. Figure wise, I have a Mischa Barton-esque figure, so I wear them with large sweaters and flats, but seldom in other situations. It gives me a scholarly, Woody Allen movie heroine feel that I really like. ^_^

Do not think they make it okay to wear things that you wouldn't wear without them (super short shirts).

wore them once just to try something I usually wouldn't and came to the conclusion that they're pretty pointless. thights or nothing. actually I wonder how all these girls can wear nylon leggins and such during those really hot summer days :ninja:

I have to disagree. I feel llike leggings have gone beyond trendiness and are just another garment to me. Just as skinny jeans are no longer a trend and now just another cut of denim pants.

Definately the denim skirt with leggings thing is played out but I can't remember the last time I actually wore a denim mini anyway. I like leggings to wear under casual above-the-knee dresses, Or as a layering piece in cooler weather. I would do a legging under some of the longer heavier knit sweaters for fall. Or for underneath pants if it's winter and really cold. Not an everyday thing, but I pull em out every so often.

Also a rule of thumb so you don't end up looking like you forgot your pants is don't wear anything that doesn't go past your bum with leggings alone!

Also leggings are warmer and if tucked into boots with socks inside the look is no different really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to have a body to wear them, I like them over longer sweaters and jackets and sky high heels.

Remember if you have a great body you can get away with things that not many can! :wink:

I think you have to have a body to wear them, I like them over longer sweaters and jackets and sky high heels.

Remember if you have a great body you can get away with things that not many can! :wink:

its not about having a "great body" its about looking like a complete clown

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->