How will you dress when you're older?

charlottesometimes

retro queen
Reaction score
OK, I know it's a long way off for some, but not so far for others, while some of us may be there already :P
BUT how do you see yourself dressing in middle-age and beyond. Will you still follow trends, or stick to your own unique style and ignore trends? Will you still wear denim, heels etc etc.
:flower:

i'll always wear heels! :wink: but i hope to be beyond trends by the time i'm middle aged. i'll probably wear lots of tailored pieces. i think carolina herrera is the best of all designers for the over 40 set. i love lee radziwill's style. v. understated but oh so chic!

the way i dress now is simple and i don’t see that changing... i incorporate trends with accessories, but i always go back to basic black and the trendy pieces might become less and less but i dont see all that much changing...i will never ever ever dress like a teenager now or in 10 years when i am 40 :o

i have a friend who has an incredibly attractive mother in her late 50's her mom dresses the same way she does which is extremely trendy and this woman could be so beautiful and makes herself look like a fool wearing silver leather pants etc ...if only i could grab her and put her in a classic black suit!!!!

longw ay of for me, but I cants ee my self changeing my style much, i will never become one of thous stuffy suit wearing people. I doubt il change much, may be less riped up punk t shrits and low pants, ive never been atrendy person so i dount think that will be something i will ever take part in. :P

Heels :heart:

:shock: But I don't want to think about getting older :doh: :boxer:

honey you wont with your caviar face cream :lol: im still appauled how much u spent on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for me........im gonna dress practially the same way i do now
lets face it.......my face is hardly gonna age cause of my SPF's and my body wont age cause of all the exercise i do :P

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 21st, 2003 - 3:24 pm
honey you wont with your caviar face cream :lol: im still appauled how much u spent on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for me........im gonna dress practially the same way i do now
lets face it.......my face is hardly gonna age cause of my SPF's and my body wont age cause of all the exercise i do :P
:lol: No wrinkles for Sean & Trean :boxer:

We can still try this :ninja:

:innocent: Natura Bisse
Diamond Drops
Price $300.00
:shock: Antioxidant marine DNA, renowned as the "life essence" of skin,
that has intensive hydrating fibers and can bind 10,000 times its own volume
F3C4146_mn.jpg

oooooooommmmmmmmmmgggg :shock:

trean we need to manufacture some way of making the dermis new again
something that will infiltrate that deep down that works but collagen based :magic:

I think I'll probably dress the same way for the next forty years or so: plaid work shirts, Levi's 501's, and work boots for day, bespoke suits for evening. When you find something that works, stick to it, right?

Gosh, such a long ways off...

but, I'm positive I will get more conservative with age. After my mid 30s I'll start dressing like a mother and wife. :rolleyes: I'm sick of those women in their 40s (and in some cases, 50s) who dress like they're still in their 20s. To me, there is an appropriate time and place for everything, as well as style.

Currently I wouldn't label my clothing as "punk", but more chic - and put together - I love to dress sexy when I can. Hopefully I will never lose that sex appeal - It IS possible to be sexy AND classy at the same time.

I hope to keep my individual style, but never look like 'mutton dressed up as lamb'.
I see too many women in their 40's & 50's who think it makes them look younger, but it is actually very ageing.

I'm actually looking forward to my 60's. Those will be my chanel suit days :heart:

Where I live, it's quite warm and most people tend to dress very casually. Many older women seem to wear this uniform of baggy Tshirts and pedal-pushers. It's frightening! Dear God, please help me not to morph into one one them! :lol:

I imagine not too different from the way I dress now. Black turtlenecks, black flat-front trousers, and black wool shift dresses with pearls never go out of style, imo. I have a feeling I might try to emulate Carrie Donovan's style. :idea: I don't fear getting older; I'm actually looking forward to it.

main_pict.jpg

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 24th, 2003 - 2:23 am
I don't fear getting older, I'm actually looking forward to it.
You and I, Astrid. :wink:

I would never really know, so I'll cross the bridge when I get there. :wink:

I will never change my style, that's for sure. :wink: :blush:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 24th, 2003 - 10:23 am
I don't fear getting older; I'm actually looking forward to it.

i always looked forward getting older, i used to even add years when asked of my age. :lol:

almost in my 40s by now, i continue dressing in my personal semi-eccentric style, with strong details and a touch of irony so i do not bore myself.
(lately i'm into a Marni-Dries Van Notten style with 'flashes' from the belgians)

i dont see this changing as i grow older, i'm actually getting even more 'liberated' by donts and do's, whats right whats wrong, i try new colors and ideas all the time, incorporating everything into my own looks.

adopting new moods and trying out fresh ideas has nothing to do with age,
i believe it's a matter of personal style, and this knows no age.. not to say, personal style actually gets better with age.

have no fear, age in style, continuously evolving your personal style

btw, thanks for the very interesting topic charlotte :heart:

I like the eccentric art teacher look for fifty/sixty year old me. Very big ethnic inspired jewelry, silouhettes that are flowing but not too baggy. I'd mix in some other elements too, though, so as not to look too hippie-like. :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 24th, 2003 - 9:16 am
i dont see this changing as i grow older, i'm actually getting even more 'liberated' by donts and do's, whats right whats wrong, i try new colors and ideas all the time, incorporating everything into my own looks.

I'd say that's true for me too. Sort of. I dress in basic black/white/beige/grey and pretty basic, minimalistic, casual stuff most of the time... I wear basic Levi's too much of the time too.

Anyway, when I was younger I would think a lot harder about wearing (or buying) certain things because they were out of style or too much in style. I don't really suffer from that anxiety anymore. I've come to a point where I feel it's just not that important to me, I'm confident enough in myself and my taste that I don't care what kind of judgement anyone else would make. I will proudly wear this or past seasons styles if I happen to appreciate them.

As far as the future is concerned, I think I'll keep my basic style but hopefully it will evolve and I will too. Someone said something like "as we get older, we become more true to ourselves and more truelly ourselves".

Originally posted by tott@Oct 24th, 2003 - 3:55 pm

Anyway, when I was younger I would think a lot harder about wearing (or buying) certain things because they were out of style or too much in style. I don't really suffer from that anxiety anymore.

As far as the future is concerned, I think I'll keep my basic style but hopefully it will evolve and I will too. Someone said something like "as we get older, we become more true to ourselves and more truelly ourselves".
I also feel this way. Hopefully, i'll be able to afford Carolina Herrera & Chanel, but i don't think i'll be dressing up more than i do now. I'll b always a minimalist at heart, may be because i was a teenager/college student in the early-mid 90's and was very influenced by the aesthetic of that time. I know i won't be wearing fur, tons of jewlery & too much make up. But i still would like to have some fun with clothes even when i'm a granny! :lol:

my style is sort of Uptown & chic conservative (Charlotte-Sex and the City), so I'll be the same then as now (I'm 35). cute suits and dresses, sexy shoes/boots with my signature Chanel sunglasses holding back my hair..... ((haha)) funny as I think about myself 10 - 15 years from now.....

The Fashionista,
Labeladdict xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelnamedeva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->