Can you dress fun when you're older?

Absolutely not! I also thought this post was going to be about people a lot older (like senior citizen old). People of all ages should be able to express themselves through fashion and just have fun with clothes. Also, a lot of people don't have the money to indulge in expensive stuff until they're older, and a lot of women aren't interested in things like clothes and makeup as teens/young women but get into them when they get a little older.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg no...fashion has no age....but we are lucky to be getting older because through the years we can understand fashion better.

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” Coco chanel

For me fashion is not about age, it is for the young and the old. Fashion is not about being beautiful it's about hard work lots of hard work, and maybe when all that hard work has finally played off you might be what one calls "old". It takes a long time to be successful in fashion, so no fashion is not only for the young or for air heads who just want to look beautiful if you look beautiful but can't do your job, you're gone.

36- old:shock:?
OK, so in my opinion fashion is for everyone no matter how old are they. I love to see a well-dressed person (men or women) no matter what. And if somebody wants to follow fashion being, for example, 70 years old it's great- you can see that that person, despite her/his age, is feeling good, have a hobby and cares about how she/he looks.
Well, at least now I want to follow fashion in the next years of my life:D.

Anyone who still feels that fashion is only for the very young could probably do with browsing through the Sartorialist's blog:smile:

Fashion as a form of "attention getting" and mating call is incredibly archaic. This isn't the 1800s and we are not cavepeople. Fashion is a form of self-expression and individualism; whether that be wrapping yourself in designer labels, creating your own crazy outfits, making great outfits with thrift store products, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->