How will you dress when you're older?

Boy do I LOVE this topic!

Hi all! New to the board, but let me introduce myself. I go by "Kat" I'm 46 and a "granny!" LOL!

I still wear jeans, boot cuts now being my favs, and at times wear them with spikes (only if they are long enough! The jeans I mean, not the spikes! LOL) Don't wear suits of any kind, always hated them. Wear only knee length, or just below, skirts that are "flirty", always with heels. And nothing too tight! I do follow certain "trends" or just add a little "trendy" something to an outfit. Ageing "gracefully" doesn't mean looking old. :wink:

hello and welcome to tFS Kat :flower:

you are a really young 'granny' :heart:

I think I will dress about the same as now. very simple and sleek,

Black, whites...strong shapes...and sleek.

Hi Kat!

I agree, 46 is young! I'm 44 and I feel young, and it's hard to see myself in any other light (even though someone in their teens may consider me old :lol: ).

Part of the reason I started this thread was to get everyone's ideas on how they see women dressing as they get older. I figured I'd get some great ideas from the stylish tfsers and I have! :wink:

It's great to hear that you wear jeans. I love my jeans and I doubt if I could ever give them up. I like to follow trends as well, but like you, I avoid anything too revealing, short, tight or skimpy.

Hi Peeps,

As a classic/trendy confident person, i cant see myself changing very much in the next 5 let alone 10 years time. I guess i will probably be a little bit more ladylike during the day, because right now im a trainer and jeans girl, and only dress up when im going out in the evenings or for special occasions. I dont see age as a huge set-back which dictates what i should or shouldn't wear, simply because im in my 40's or 50's. I agree that women over a certain age should not be wearing belly-tops(especially if they dont have the shape for it), or tight revealing clothes and then have lots of loose hanging wrinkly skin- it just doesn't look good. :sick:

I would like to be able to wear clothes similar to what SATC Samantha wears, perhaps not so revealing, but if i have a figure like hers at that age, WHY NOT! :lol:

i think that i will dress more conservative when i'm older, though i hope i never lose my love for color. My mom told me that when she was my age she loved color too. Now she's in love with blacks, browns, tans, and beiges. We could be in the most colorful, fashionable boutique ever and she would clean them out of all thier earth toned colored items. It kind of drives me nuts, but she's such a great dresser i don't get to focus too much on it. These are just little examples of how i will be dressed as i age... (there's just a slight difference among them)

aging.gif

My style is timeless, I expect to be well dressed and groomed and in shape for the rest of my life.

I see my styles as Cary Grant, when I am formal. Vintage Lenny Kravitz in a cool dubdued way. I see my self dressing more like a 1960's Jazz musician.

All in all I look at my parents and from 1971 to now they ware modern conervative clothes, which make them lookd 10 yrs younger, they are 64, they look 48-54.

They were always stylish without pushing it. I tend to lean to my own stle which I can only relate to my discription above. I always get complimented on my clothes. I belive thou one needs to be well groomed, working out, and well dressed and mannered to have any style.

Starfish71

Originally posted by Starfish71@Apr 13th, 2004 - 12:48 am
I belive thou one needs to be well groomed, working out, and well dressed and mannered to have any style.

Working out? Muscle and manner are very different things :ninja:

I would love to look like this when I am older. :flower:

Attachments

• globeorange.jpg
    globeorange.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 11
I have every intention of staying fit, not so much for looks but because I don't ever want to have to slow down much. I love active hobbies like biking, DIY, and gardening, and it would cramp my style too much if I couldn't re-lino my bathroom or lay a stone path in my garden because I was too out of shape for heavy work.

I'll probably stop wearing such revealing clothing as I get older. After a point, it is a bit ridiculous to wear very low cut tops and very short skirts. I expect I will pack that in sometime mid-30s-ish, even if my legs are still really good. If my figure is still nice, I will continue to wear fitted clothing, especially more tailored stuff. I like tailored clothing, but feel a bit overdressed in it, generally speaking.

I'm not a trendy dresser now, I never have been, and I don't see myself ever wanting to be, so I doubt that will change much. I expect to be making my own clothing pretty much indefinitely, so however I am dressing in my 40s and 50s will depend on what clothing I like at the time and what looks good on my body by then. I have a large archive of patterns from the 1940s to the present, so I will always have a lot of options, plus I can draft my own, if I so choose.

I will totally work hats. I do presently, and I forsee myself becoming more bold with my headwear choices as I age. I may make hats my signature look, like Isabella Blow, but more sensible. Some of hers aren't even slightly attractive.

I´m 37 so...

I like a funky yet grown up look....think of Carine Roitfeld/ Carolyn Bessette but maybe a little simpler... my life is not as fancy as hers.

Kate Moss´s late looks are quite intemporal. Jeans look great on me so I like to update great jeans with heels, boots, trenches, blazer, etc.
My hair is longish and I LOVE it that way so I´ve gotta keep things neat. The only wild thing I keep is my hair. I try to keep the other stuff simple and clean

In Vivienne Westwood brothel creepers with a Galliano jacket I suspect...

I just hope I never have grandchildren...

I already dress like I'm 40 currently as a 23-year-old (or at least my friends seem to think so), so I don't think much is gonna change then. :P

When I'm in my 40's I want to dress simlar to Tom Ford, mix very dressy pieces with a pair of great jeans and dress shoes. By the time I'm in my 50's I'm gonna go for a total modern dandy type of look. Impecable suits, shoes, hair (hopefully I'll still have it) just very classic, masculine but refined.

Tom Ford Yeah!
I wish many forty somethings dressed like him!

Tom Ford is so cool it hurts! ouch!

He´s really an awesome dresser and his eyes are so deep I could easily fall in love with a guy like him.
Yes....I know he wouldn´t love me back but I could adore and worship him from the distance....

He has is really a role model to me, I always look at him (in pic and video only :(
carefully because you always learn something form this kind of people

By the time I'm in my 40's/50's I hope to wear tailored clothes and to be able to spice them up with wonderful shoes and fabulous bags !!! I think chin/shoulder length hair genarally looks really good on women that age, it also suits my face, although my hair's longer now.... I live in a rather cold climate so I hope to wear nice coats and jackets...

I will be so damn chic people will think I'm French. There's all this stuff I like now that I'm just too young for, you really can't pull off 'elegant' in Jr High, so I think it will be really nice to be older. Red Chanel lipstick, tailored clothes in black and burgundy, un-dyed hair in a grey and red bob. Yuhp, I'm gonna be COOL when I'm old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murmuration
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->