i-D Summer 2010 : Miranda, Gisele & Jeneil

I guess why Gisele only got the cover but no eds inside is because this was shot during her pregnancy. You can see her covering her belly on the cover.

I'd have to say I like Jeniel's cover the most, but none of them actually excite me.

The Jeneil's cover is the best & i think the Kerr's cover is pure photoshop.

I like Miranda's cover the most (although it's hard to recognise her, which is a good thing IMO). I'm looking forward to seeing the shots with the newer girls (Ashley, Julia, Hannah).

this always happens with miranda though, that she looks very different in eds

too bad gisele hasn't got an ed... is that cover shot new? it looks like an outtake from her 2009 multi elle cover :unsure:
Or like her GQ work last summer by Inez&Vioodh. They surely like to put her pose this way :P

gq.com

Miranda cover looks lovely :heart:

this always happens with miranda though, that she looks very different in eds

I think because every one is so used to seeing her dolled up and always bubbly, that when taken out her element, with a cold stare, bleached eyebrows, intense lighting, and behind Vanderperre's lens, she is barely recognizable.

IMO, Gisele's cover is the best, it's a shame she has no ed. :( Thank you Northern Star for the scan and review! :flower:

wow miranda really doesn't look like herself - which is partially why i like her cover.
gisele's is so bland though...
i love the "summer for love" text, i think it's cute, and a bit 90s.
same :rolleyes: gisele's and heneil's covers are horrible. i really hope i can get miranda's cover, it's beautiful. thank you northern star!

Think I actually prefer Miranda's cover.. Gisele's is a bit blah for her really.

I don't like Miranda's cover (her eyebrows and her eyes ruins it all IMO).
My favourite cover is Jeneil's

Gemma Arteton's feature in this issue is nice, it's nice they've styled her different to how she normally is. It's sort of a 30's like beach look, very natural. I do wish she'd land more covers.

I can't say I'm too excited about this issue but Jeneil (gorgeous cover and the editorial that should go with it) and Ashley (even just a few pages) should make it for me!

What does Olga's ed look like? I may get Miranda's issue.

Gisele doesn't have an ed, just the one photo, but it says the photo is a still from a film entitled 'Gisele' which can be seen at i-D's site.

Olga's is only two shots long, and it seems to be all about sunglasses. She's wearing multiple pairs on her head in one shot, and more round her neck in the second shot.

^ Thanks for telling me!! :smile: Doesn't really sound great. :doh:

Gosh, Miranda Kerr's cover is more than dissappointing. >< But Jeneil looks :buzz:

Last edited by a moderator:
all good and easy-to-catch-and-understand covers ...
summer is there: chill, be sensual and have fun (sex, sea and....) ....

omg what horrible covers!
the gisele cover is beyond boring, that pose she've done thousand times. the dark model with the "sex" necklace feels very early 00´s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->