UK Elle February 2010 : Natalie Portman by David Slijper

I got a copy today and I enjoyed the mix of new ads, the edits and the runway supplement.

The way they've produced this supplement makes me think they're still doing a Collections issue, because ever since they started it, they hold back with the content in the supplement - this time, they've made a lot of the images so incredibly small, they're not that useful. That said, it's still a cleanly designed, neat little guide, it's a 60 pg taster. UK Vogue might produce a catwalk supplement with its February issue that's more comprehensive than this one, but hopefully, there will still be the mighty Elle Collections to look forward to.

I hope they still do do the Elle Collections, however I'm pretty sure in past year's it's been advertised in the January and February issues..

I got pro-active - on a Saturday night! - and contacted them to ask if Collections was coming out, and they said:

"Oh yes, and it's the best one yet. The design just blew me away. Look out for it at the end of Jan, or you can pre-order."

:wub: she looks so gorgeous. I, for one, love Natalie being in magazines. She is so adorable, but this cover brings out a different side of her.

Romantic VS Sporty
PH: Thomas Nutzl
ST: Anne-Marie Curtis
M: Skye Stracke

scanned by me.​

What a stunning cover this is, i truly love it, its been a while since i loved any Elle cover this much, everything works.

I got pro-active - on a Saturday night! - and contacted them to ask if Collections was coming out, and they said:

"Oh yes, and it's the best one yet. The design just blew me away. Look out for it at the end of Jan, or you can pre-order."

Thanks a lot for clarifying for us. I do look forward to seeing their layouts and design approach.
The past two issues have been a monochrome approach, which is usually what I like, but it didn't work for me then.
The supplement that comes with this issue has a similar layout and design to the F/W 0910 edition, clean and crisp.

I'm just on scanning Natalie's editorial/interview now..

Bohemian Rhapsody
Celebrity: Natalie Portman
Photographer: David Slijper
Fashion: Sasa Thomann

source | scanned by vogue28

Thank you very much for scanning, vogue28! :woot: Beautiful shots :heart:

Skye :woot: This girl is captivating:heart: thanks for scanning!

I love Natalie's ed! It suits her perfectly and it's different from what Elle has been doing, not that they have been doing badly in these past months but this is just great! Thanks for scanning, Vogue28. Looking forward to Colette's editorial!

I'm actually glad the cover was much more softer. Natalie looks great, even though I'm not a fan of her work.

Natalie's pix is nice, but the cropping is not as nice as it should be.

Not too bad actually, Elle covers are usually bad in my opinion

I have to say, though, that UK Elle has really stepped up to the plate these past two years in terms of cover shots, the cover layout and overall look. I don't always like their covers, but I can't help appreciating them making an effort and trying to set themselves apart from other Elle publications every time, particularly the ultra-boring US Elle. Whether you like the magazine or not, at least UK Elle has a distinct identity, the same which can't be said of a lot of other fashion magazines today.

Thanks for the Natalie Portman scans, vogue28! After the stunning newsstands and subscriber's covers, though, I can't help feeling a bit disappointed they were the best her feature had to offer, photo-wise -- the rest of it just feels kind of stale and uninteresting. Still, the color scheme continues to be amazing. Gonna grab this one so I can read the interview in my own time (I like reading mine in print). :D

thanks vogue28 . you put my scans to very big shame :lol:

Looking forward to buying this tomorrow,so far it's looking great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->