i-D Summer 2021 : The 'New Worldwi-De' Issue

I truly like Precious Lee's story and cover. And now Celina's cover too, looking forward to seeing her editorial very soon!

Gigi is wearing The Row I think because they have an exclusive interview with MK&A. I don't think she's trying to hide her body or anything. Nevertheless, her editorial is boring. I remember she used to actually try to do well in editorials at one point when she was actually hungry for recognition/approval. At this point she's just complacent.

Photography: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Max Pearmain
Hair: Matt Mulhall
Make-up: Anne Sophie Costa
Cast: Phil Foden

i-d.vice

Photography: Mario Sorrenti
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Makeup: Kanako Takase
Cast: Celina Ralph

i-d.vice

Precious - 4 photos out of all with her hands on her waist.
Celina - the same face on all photos.
Thank God for Binx SERVING IT. Both of the above better learn some lessons from her how to be a proper model.
Beyond me how Precious is so popular, she has presence, but little skill and she reminds me a lot of Blac Chyna, which is not a compliment. What happened to Jill Kortleve? Candice Huffine? The proper plus-size models?

If you want to have a plus-size POC model, then cast Arame Fall, Candice Walton, Anita Marshall or Tash Ncube. Stop sleeping on actually gorgeous AND skilled girls.

Photography: Liz Johnson Artur
Styling: Max Clark
Grooming Bari Khaliue
Cast: Digga D

i-d.vice

Well, that's the best I think I've seen Binx look...maybe ever? The long hair really suits her...and she looks a bit more grown up than I think I've ever seen her. She's still not giving much behind the eyes, but it kind of works for this particular shoot. Nicely done. It's at least evocative of something.

Precious is so who-cares. She's just another fashion hack who has no references, no nuance, no understanding...just shows up and thinks she's fierce-as-f*ck. No thanks.

I actually think Gigi looks nice? I'm not understanding all the flack she's getting for this particular story??? Oh well.

The rest is so forgettable, cliche and overdone I have no further comment.

Photography: Gray Sorrenti
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jawara
Makeup: Frankie Boyd
Cast: City Girls

i-d.vice

Whatever we might think of her modelling skills, Precious is having a moment, with all these covers and editorials, and for me, seeing someone have their moment is one of the last remaining embers of the excitement I used to feel about magazines.

City Girls on the cover of iD magazine? Oooookay.

I like their music, but it's really not that cutting edge or stylish, or even unique. Other rappers make that same style of music, with much better results. It's just mindless party-rap.

Their cover for Billboard definitely did a way better job at portraying them as the Thelma + Louise of rap music.

PERIOD!

why do i-D love giving the black girls a black and white shoot?love the city girls and glad they made it on here i just hate that the photography n styling sucks. also can anyone post the “martine rose” story from this issue?

To be fair to i-D, doing editorials in b/w has always been their thing, probably because it's supposed to add a sense of realism to the imagery. It's how they set themselves apart - Vogue does glossy, while i-D does gritty.

Look back at any of their issues, all the way to the early 90's, and their content has followed the same formula. You'll find as many b/w shots of Kate Moss or Nick Cave as anyone else featured on their pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->