If you could change designers at Fashion houses, who would you change?

Oh come on theres nothing wrong with Donatella. If theres anyone who should be removed, recycled and NEVER reused its Karl Lagerfeld and Galliano. Lagerfeld is soooo utterly boring, everything he makes is so plain. On the other side Galliano goes to far with all his drag queen stuff.
Id like to c Alexander McQueen do Chanel......
And maybe D&G at Dior...

it's useless arguing about taste... you'll stick to yours and I'll stick to mine, it's easy as that... you simply have to feel comfortable with other people not necessarily sharing your opinions... so what appears to be boring in the eyes of one could be exciting from another perspective.

Phoebe Phillo at Dior (femme)
Sophia Kokosalaki at Chloe
Roland Mouret at Hermes
Nicolas G at Rochas
Tom Ford at Valentino

Last edited by a moderator:
J'ador-DioR said:
Nicolas G at Rochas

dismissing olivier at rochas? just to get nicolas guesquière in? :cry:

i think both of them are doing well just where they are... no need for any further changes with those two... despite that they should do their own stuff... we definitely have too many designers working for established, really old houses... how will they ever be able to build up a legacy of their own if always just reads "tom ford for gucci" or "dior homme by hedi slimane"... :o

Armani's Getting old- if Giorgio retires, I think Narciso Rodrigues for Armani would be a good replacement (he could still do his own line too!!)

Hum ... I REALLY like this pics:

*Tisci and Elbaz should go solo with their own line
*Nicolas G. for Chloe
*V&R at ysl (not that i dont like Pilati)[/quote]
*Antoni + Alison at Moschino

I didn't expect Ghesquiere at Chloe ... and I'd love to see what he'd do ...
V&R at YSL its a SURESHOT! This is the one I'd be most excited to happen
And Anthony + Alison at Moschino ... hum ... as well... not an obvious choice that would def. dust up the house!

D&G at Dior?! You've got to be kidding..

I think you'de better go take a peak at a few more Dior collections if you think all he's good at is drag queen.

Eccentricity said:
Armani = Narciso Rodriguez (at retirment)

apparently I need to read the whole thread before posting a comment-:blush:

Anyway, Great minds think alike...:lol:

Eccentricity said:
Bill Blass = Zac Posen (a challenge i feel he will thrive upon and progress beyond his own mundane line)

I was trying to think who could revamp Bill blass- and I think you're right, Zac Posen would do well there

Originally Posted by Lena *Nicolas G. for Chloe

I don't like that idea. Nicolas does wonderful things with fit and tailoring, but chloe is always so loose and billowy-and Chloe always seems to be more about styling,- or capturing a mood- rather than individual pieces like balenciaga- I think Nicolas' talent's at tailoring would be wasted there

i think alberta ferretti should helm chloe, tom ford for versace (he did sexuality in fashion just fine and versace needs a little improvement from its usual tacky, almost vulgar creations), roland mouret and tisci on their own and gaultier or viktor and rolf for dior couture while slimane for dior rtw. i don't think ghesquiere is right for chloe. he's perfect enough for balenciaga.

J'ador-DioR said:
Roland Mouret at Hermes

How 'bout Roland Mouret at Roland Mouret?
IMO, Gaultier is doing quite lovely @ Hermes & from what little "press" that I have read, the critics are in agreement...Besides, like Margiela before him, he's only under contract @ Hermes for a few short years, so when his time is up, who knows? Maybe Mouret could take over..

Doctor Caroline said:
Oh come on theres nothing wrong with Donatella. If theres anyone who should be removed, recycled and NEVER reused its Karl Lagerfeld and Galliano. Lagerfeld is soooo utterly boring, everything he makes is so plain. On the other side Galliano goes to far with all his drag queen stuff.
Id like to c Alexander McQueen do Chanel......
And maybe D&G at Dior...

you've got to be kidding, right? in my opinion, karl lagerfeld is doing a fantastic job at chanel. he fits their aesthetic so well. granted that he may use ideas over and over, i think the detailing of chanel's clothes are superb. mcqueen is too edgy for chanel. in fact, i think if ever, he would be great at dior- just enough theatrics and drama. galliano should do his own line seeing his works are esoteric and not as marketable as dior should be. just my opinions.:flower:

i think Galliano should be very good in Dior if someone give his skull a few knock.

well I have another thought:

Ungaro: to be saved by Stefano Pilati, he is good in 'Polka dots, colors,Folk,Ruffles,..'

Paco Rabbane: to be saved by Alber Elbaz, 'his 1st work at YSL fits the metalic & futurestic image of the brand'.

YSL 'Haute Couture' by JPG

YSL rive gauche again with Tom Ford ,BUT in the same formula that he used for his last YSL chinese collection, African 'Mombasa collection & the Black velvet theme collection -I hope you guys remember these collections- while the other collections were far away from YSL .

I like Pilati work at YSL but Tom's days were more exciting & edgy..

Last edited by a moderator:
^ i agree. however, pilati is more respectful of the house in the sense that their aesthetic is present in his collections. tom ford should best create for his own line or go to a house that shares his edginess and sexuality (versace, cavalli) i miss ysl haute couture though. pilati should try it. or, and i'm not sure if this is even possible, alber elbaz for ysl couture. i also would want to recruit zac posen for paco rabanne or celine to give it a youthful invigoration. olivier theyskens and ghesquiere should stay in their respective houses since they're doing such great jobs!

J'ador-DioR said:
Phoebe Phillo at Dior (femme)
Sophia Kokosalaki at Chloe
Roland Mouret at Hermes
Nicolas G at Rochas
Tom Ford at Valentino

wow, sophia kokosalaki for chloé, now THAT would be great indeed!!!:woot:

how 'bout galliano in moschino?
i always think moschino's ads looks great but the clothings in store looks like my granny's...
MOSCHINO RELI NEED SOME SHOCK!!!

tricotineacetat said:
dismissing olivier at rochas? just to get nicolas guesquière in? :cry:

Olivier' s past 2 collections for Rochas were a huge disappointment for me. Rochas needs to be rejuvenated while still maintaining it' s polished image. I think Nicolas G could absolutely do it.

I can also see Anne Valarie Hash at Rochas :heart:

kikidior said:
mcqueen is too edgy for chanel. in fact, i think if ever, he would be great at dior- just enough theatrics and drama. galliano should do his own line seeing his works are esoteric and not as marketable as dior should be. just my opinions.:flower:

that's a good idea I think- McQueen for Dior and Galliano for... Galianno!

J'ador-DioR said:
Olivier' s past 2 collections for Rochas were a huge disappointment for me. Rochas needs to be rejuvenated while still maintaining it' s polished image. I think Nicolas G could absolutely do it.

I can also see Anne Valarie Hash at Rochas :heart:

I've loved the last few seasons at rochas!

Louis Vuitton with JPGauthier (Marc's just doing no good to it)
Hermes with Marc (now that's better)
Versace with D&G (i'm just so tired of Donatella)

and pleeeease, let's leave the Chloe creative team alone, they're fabulous!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->