If you could change designers at Fashion houses, who would you change?

bedtimestorynyc said:
Hermes with Marc (now that's better)

:blink: :shock: :ninja: :doh:

I just don't think that Marc is elegant and sophisticated enough...

We'd just get updated Birkins with buttons and bows... I know Marc isn't all cutesy all the time, but I just imagine his Minnie Mouse vintage aestethic applied to Hermès... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Perhaps we associate boredom to different thinks, but irrespective, i think Oswald creates completley chic, refined clothing suited entirely to Givenchy. Also consider that he does not have the resources or budget minutley comparable to Dior Homme.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2
  • aaaa3.jpg
    aaaa3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
  • aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
  • aaa4.jpg
    aaa4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Hedi's designs still surpass in detail. Look at the F/W 06 collection on the webiste, it's completely 'lackluster' (can you say that about Hedi's 'luster'? You may not like it, but it's certainly not dull). Now look at what Tisci created for P-A-P and HC. Match?

That's why I'd be interested to see Hedi there. He could bring an edge to the menswear. Boateng is on the safe-side. You could ask me if the above images were Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Hermes, Fendi or Gucci - and if I didn't know a thing about the designers and not much about the fashion houses, I wouldn't know who to choose.

Edit: Yes, all of the above pieces are beautiful. But see, look at the Givenchy homme...and then the Givenchy femme:

16GF.jpg
13GF.jpg
20GF.jpg
28GF.jpg
15GF.jpg
31GF.jpg
39GF.jpg
3GF.jpg
49PF.jpg
8GF.jpg

tott said:
:blink: :shock: :ninja: :doh:

I just don't think that Marc is elegant and sophisticated enough...

We'd just get updated Birkins with buttons and bows... I know Marc isn't all cutesy all the time, but I just imagine his Minnie Mouse vintage aestethic applied to Hermès... :lol:

that would be absolutely Dreadful!

Eccentricity said:
really? Oswald is doing a remarkable job IMO, additionally, he remains the only Black man and few ethnic minorities serving as creative director to large French fashion houses such as Givenchy.

totally agree with you on this one!

As much as i like "some" of hedis stuff i should say that Oswald derserves his place at Givenchy.. if everyone were to do 'interesting/innovative' clothes than one couldnt tell Yohji from tom ford.. i believe in all markets being profitable.. this with particular respect to menswear... the sad truth is that most men dont really give a horses *** about what they wear..and even if they do..they just want to impress the ladies and get some action happening:wink:.. thats where tom ford made his fortune..with both mens and womenswear... I am not for that.. but i respect the fact that the majority wants that.. oswald seems to balance his classy conservative menswear with hints of sex appeal... as opposed to being overtly tacky like cavalli or tom fords high octane sex appeal... but i feel he brings classic masculine elegance through tailoring..which i admire him for, although i wouldnt wear his clothes i think most men would like it.

and wont we all like to see more ethnic designers heading some prominent fashion houses:flower:

Arturo21 said:
Hedi's designs still surpass in detail. Look at the F/W 06 collection on the webiste, it's completely 'lackluster' (can you say that about Hedi's 'luster'? You may not like it, but it's certainly not dull). Now look at what Tisci created for P-A-P and HC. Match?

That's why I'd be interested to see Hedi there. He could bring an edge to the menswear. Boateng is on the safe-side. You could ask me if the above images were Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Hermes, Fendi or Gucci - and if I didn't know a thing about the designers and not much about the fashion houses, I wouldn't know who to choose.

Edit: Yes, all of the above pieces are beautiful. But see, look at the Givenchy homme...and then the Givenchy femme:
To each his own I suppose. I for one think that a lot of Hedi's designs are rather dull, the only difference between his dull and Ozwald's dulls is that Boateng doesn't wrap his overhyped skinny pants in some affected, pseudo-intellectual "artistic" package.

I may be biased though because I find Ozwald's stuff (for his own line at least) to be very chic.

and man would i LUOOOVE to fire Galliano from Dior.. well galliano will do well on his own..in my opinion CD's ghost has been weeping for a while now..
Arturo...who would you like at Dior? personally I would like Bruno pieters...

spike....I never said I liked Hedi either (It's really a love/hate thing - plus I happen to think those skinny pants look horrid the way people wear them), but I see his menswear MATCHING the current womenswear at Givenchy, moreso than that of Boateng. I love Boateng, but I still see his menswear as rather too safe.

It's not about who's better - it's about consistency in a house with menswear and womenswear. Look at the images above and tell me if the classic, yet edgy french chic of Boateng matches the gothic businesswoman.

THEY AINT PAYIN MY BILLS.......
look playa hatin i tried to be nice but i only get noticed when i act a b*tch IGHT...
how terrible glad thats out of my system...

EdanChrysler said:
...and Jennifer Lopez for Balenciaga while we install Nicky Hilton at Paco Rabbane...

...ok eew I can't believe I just said that :yuk:

But frankly I think Nicolas Ghesquiére is doing perfectly fine at Balenciaga - he stays close to the silhouettes that Cristobal himself established when he was couturier. Perhaps all Ghesquiére needs is a little jet of flair.

J.lo at Balenciaga! C'EST MAL!!!!! :ninja::ninja::ninja: Lol! Dont speak like so hehehe. I should be Ghesquiere's muse. That's the extra flair :lol::lol:

pookie said:
THEY AINT PAYIN MY BILLS.......
look playa hatin i tried to be nice but i only get noticed when i act a b*tch IGHT...
how terrible glad thats out of my system...

I dont know who, but someone just got treateeeeed!

I'd love to see someone else at Gucci but not Tom Ford again..I don't really like Frida Giannini..

style_expert said:
I'd love to see someone else at Gucci but not Tom Ford again..I don't really like Frida Giannini..

I cannot STAND Frida......at all. I think right now I'd even prefer Alessandra Facchinetti back. Maybe Ennio Capasa would be good at Gucci even. I think I would like to see Alber Elbaz at Dior. ^_^

Salvatore said:
I cannot STAND Frida......at all. I think right now I'd even prefer Alessandra Facchinetti back. Maybe Ennio Capasa would be good at Gucci even. I think I would like to see Alber Elbaz at Dior. ^_^

I think theyskens should go to Dior. OMG that would be too cool! :woot::woot::woot:

JJohnson said:
I think theyskens should go to Dior. OMG that would be too cool! :woot::woot::woot:

Hmmmm.....maybe! I'd like to see someone else at Givenchy besides Tisci. He's a really good designer, but somehow I don't believe he fits Givenchy. Somehow I think Theyskens would work there instead of Dior probably. :unsure: :huh:

I think alessandro dell acqua at gucci would be great-

or whoever does the La Perla runway line- either of them might do well at gucci

Tom Ford for Versace would be a match but right now Donatella is doing well with the brand. Maybe if Versace Atelier started doing shows again, they could give that to Donatella and hand over RTW to Tom.

reese06 said:
Tom Ford for Versace would be a match but right now Donatella is doing well with the brand. Maybe if Versace Atelier started doing shows again, they could give that to Donatella and hand over RTW to Tom.

Love that idea! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->