If you could change designers at Fashion houses, who would you change?

and pleeeease, let's leave the Chloe creative team alone, they're fabulous!!!!![/quote]

^ i think it remains to be seen. in my opinion, the last chloe collection was patterned after phoebe philo's work. it just screams, well, phoebe at chloe. but i'm optimistic.:wink:

I am not happy at all with the Chloe creative team - I would actually like to see what Luella Bartley could do at Chloe (another creative British gal - you never know it can be MAGIC :smile:

I liked Chloe for Chloe-

but her team lacks the originality and creative spark that made it special when designerd by her

*Jens Laugesen at Helmut Lang

i couldn't agree more. he would be the most reasonable substitute

I think Christopher Bailey could work well with Chloe. He has that simplicity and urban feel that Chloe retains in alot of his clothing and he would compliment the existing creative team tremendously

Marc Jacobs is Vuitton rtw, there was no image before him so really, he can do no wrong in that department. Whether or not he puts out a good collection is a totally different issue, but there is no question that it is LV.

I'd like to see Helmut Lang at Chanel. He always channeled androgyny so well, and what house has played more with masculine/feminine ideals then Chanel?

I'd love to see him inject his urbane sensibility into a little black dress with Coco in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Junya Watanabe or Veronique Branquinho at Chanel
Veronique Leroy at Chloe, although I think Yvan Mispelaere is an obvious good choice
Jens Laugesen or Raf Simons at Helmut Lang are ideal if not Helmut

Spacemiu said:
Junya Watanabe or Veronique Branquinho at Chanel
Veronique Leroy at Chloe, although I think Yvan Mispelaere is an obvious good choice
Jens Laugesen or Raf Simons at Helmut Lang are ideal if not Helmut

wont that be great!! a fantastic idea.. that would mean a very "different chanel":lol: as opposed to Karlie's vision.
i suppose raf would be good for helmut but i think raf suits sander
Jens is perfect for helmut..i think miguel adrover might also be good a helmut candidate..would also help his finances i suppose :D.

i wished Bruno Pieters designed for Dior femme..to polish things up a bit
after all its women we're talking about..i believe that grace empowers women.. Brunos designs are edgy and graceful

Jun takahashi(spelling? pls correct me) for Dior Homme:ninja:

...and that act-cute girl..err. hilary duff for Chanel..

...and Jennifer Lopez for Balenciaga while we install Nicky Hilton at Paco Rabbane...

...ok eew I can't believe I just said that :yuk:

But frankly I think Nicolas Ghesquiére is doing perfectly fine at Balenciaga - he stays close to the silhouettes that Cristobal himself established when he was couturier. Perhaps all Ghesquiére needs is a little jet of flair.

Great thread! ^_^

I would think Tom Ford at Versace would be such an awesome thing! I think he has the possibility to bring back Gianni, only modernized. I'd also like to see Alexander McQueen at Chanel for some reason. I don't think he's too edgy. It would be very interesting. Everyone else can stay where they are for the moment. -_-

really? Oswald is doing a remarkable job IMO, additionally, he remains the only Black man and few ethnic minorities serving as creative director to large French fashion houses such as Givenchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->