If you could change designers at Fashion houses, who would you change?

Salvatore said:
Hmmmm.....maybe! I'd like to see someone else at Givenchy besides Tisci. He's a really good designer, but somehow I don't believe he fits Givenchy. Somehow I think Theyskens would work there instead of Dior probably. :unsure: :huh:

I love Givenchy!! booooo hiss boooo hiss! :kiss: I love you sal!

JJohnson said:
I love Givenchy!! booooo hiss boooo hiss! :kiss: I love you sal!

Anch'io :kiss:
But it's still true. His last collection seemed a little too "student" and not high fashion. And I know Givenchy is one of those fashion houses that recently appears to not have an identity so to speak, but he has not done anything that makes me (at least) say "That's Givenchy" (that goes for the previous designers as well). :ninja:

i LOVE ricardo tisci, but i don't think he's right for givenchy
i think olivier theyskens would do wonderfully there
i think eventually, i can picture tisci at yohji yamamoto after yamamoto himself retires (b/c i still yohji, even though his recent collections have not been as good as his earlier ones).

It's not fun but it's pretty. Just pretty. So is Betsey (not her, just her fashion)

but she's so quirty and a little over the top, where Chanel is understated, refined and a bit staid

I know that's why I want to see her there. Chanel is just too boring, and not exciting enough...too plain. Betsey would spice it up a bit.

Salvatore said:
Anch'io :kiss:
But it's still true. His last collection seemed a little too "student" and not high fashion. And I know Givenchy is one of those fashion houses that recently appears to not have an identity so to speak, but he has not done anything that makes me (at least) say "That's Givenchy" (that goes for the previous designers as well). :ninja:

Too student?! :angry: Such nerve! lol J'adore Sal :kiss:

JJohnson said:
Too student?! :angry: Such nerve! lol J'adore Sal :kiss:

You know we already had this conversation before JJ! :lol:
That last collection just put me off. :yuk:

^ I have to agree on his last collection but otherwise he's doing a great job at Givenchy, in my opinion. His Haute Couture is so lovely!

Betsey Johnson at Chanel would be like Mariah Carey singing hardrock songs. :yuk:
I'd love to see Bruno Pieters at Chanel actually..but that's not very realistic

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the latest Matthew Williamson collection and I thought to myself, "Wow, he would be great for Emilio Pucci" and then I remember he's already there but he's not doing such a good job at it IMO.

I've been thinking of a good person for Valentino and I can't seem to come up with one. He seems to be getting old, or maybe he just looks old. But I think someone would maybe need to work under his wings for a few years and then take over the house.

I was looking at the latest Matthew Williamson collection and I thought to myself, "Wow, he would be great for Emilio Pucci" and then I remember he's already there but he's not doing such a good job at it IMO.
true. some of the latest stuff is more hideous than before.
i'd like to see a replacement at dior. i've never liked it

EdanChrysler said:
Galliano? Nooooo don't touch my Galliano!!!

Oops sorry my possessive side took over. *whacks possessive demon away into oblivion*

Anyway, being relatively new to fashion, I doubt my suggestions make much sense but I'd probably make the following changes:

1) Louis Vuitton / Marc Jacobs => Louis Vuitton / Tom Ford
2) Emilio Pucci / Matthew Williamson => Emilio Pucci / Christian Lacroix

To explain, I'd get rid of Marc Jacobs because frankly, his latest collections are somewhat lacklustre - minimalism in fashion is simple yet artistic and wearable, but Marc Jacobs' minimalism for Louis Vuitton is plain - too plain. Tom Ford established Gucci as sleek and sexy and I'm sure he can do something for Louis Vuitton as well - it doesn't have to be p*rno-sexy, but he should be able to inject some sleekness into the simplicity that Marc Jacobs has set up at Louis Vuitton.

As for the change of Emilio Pucci's head of design to Christian Lacroix, it's mainly based on the fact that somehow Matthew Williamson doesn't seem to have much individual flair and style as Christian Lacroix. I guess I sound very pompous (indeed, I am not very familiar with Williamson's works and have only seen a handful) but I believe Lacroix can make Pucci elegant and classy (and classic, as well).
Absolutely right for the change of MW, it seem he is ruining Emilio Pucci image rather retain it. Giles Deacon could be another candidate!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it because Matthew Williamson presented a wonderful collection for his own line and crap for Pucci.

I'd love to see a designer at Versace :innocent:

Squizree said:
Betsey Johnson for Chanel :P

You know, that's not a half bad idea! Chanel could use a bit of a makeover (nothing drastic, just in a way to appeal to new customers), and I'm sure Betsey would provide that ^_^

I think Betsey would be AWFUL for Chanel. And I'm not even a huge Karl Lagerfield fan, but I don't think what he's doing for Chanel is bad. I don't don't think she could do any better than Karl or at the least, i don't think she could even be on his level. It doesn't fit her aesthetic at all. And Chanel has a pretty broad customer base already so there's really no need to do more.

seanutbutter said:
You know, that's not a half bad idea! Chanel could use a bit of a makeover (nothing drastic, just in a way to appeal to new customers), and I'm sure Betsey would provide that ^_^

while at the same time alientating a major portion of their current customer base

who's that guy who designs for chaiken? paul something i think
i think him at chanel wouldn't be a bad idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->