Trucker Hats

honestly... i can say that i hate those hats. i cringe at the site of a von dutch.... and them sitting on people's heads sideways, yuck. what is with that trend?

i dont mind trends and even incorporating a few into my wardrobe but for the most part i dont get THE trendiest of trendy unless I truly love them, like juicy suits.... they just make so much sense to me.....but i will stay away from the trucker hats and things i just dont like.... i am not a victim to trends... i do think some people wear it simply because it is on the list of hot items for the season and I dont operate that way.

I dont know what to say about them... Its like, I tried one VonDutch hat weeks ago, and I liked it, but I know that it wasnt going to go with me... I think it all depends on your style.. One of my friends who's almost finishing her career in fashion sells those truckers hats. She buys the blank ones, and she adds whatever you want, which is tempting because I so wanted one with my name in graffiti all over, she uses airbrush, all around the hat, not just in the front.

I just dont know what to do... :wacko:

i know there is a phase going on where people where them. and i can imagine walking down the streets of New York and seeing them can be annoying. but i live in the far southeast corner of GA, where you wash you white shoes every time you wear them and when you have to just walk down the street you don't bother with shoes. almost every house in the county has at least one pick up truck and no matter what your teachers say "ain't" IS a word. LOL! Those hats aren't a trend here, everybody here has at least one. Those Von Dutch ones are just additions to the collection.

I like the Trucker hat thing. I think if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't hate on others who like them. Everyone has there different style..just let people do whatever they want.

Originally posted by Pradalvr01@Dec 8th, 2003 - 8:03 pm
I like the Trucker hat thing. I think if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't hate on others who like them. Everyone has there different style..just let people do whatever they want.

dont worry by someone saying they hate or don’t like the hats by no means infers that those who wear the hats should be banned from wearing them.... saying i hate them is no different from saying i love them..... a mere opinion :flower:

although i would like to see them all burned...

:lol:

I just bought a Stussy trucker hat, I enjoy wearing it.... Maybe its just because i grew up around people that wore them.... sentimental kinda, haha. But i don't wear mine because everyone else does... its because i like it.

Originally posted by Christopher31@Dec 10th, 2003 - 6:12 pm
I just bought a Stussy trucker hat, I enjoy wearing it.... Maybe its just because i grew up around people that wore them.... sentimental kinda, haha. But i don't wear mine because everyone else does... its because i like it.
i know EXACTLY what you mean...it's like i feel nostalgic in such a wierd way.

I don't mind the trucker hats but I'm amazed they've become a fad
we've run out of ideas

just wanted to bring this thread out of nowhere) you mind?
just wanting to see if the opinion about Trucker hats has changed. I personally adore them. the only problem is that it's really hard for me that will fit my big-bighead))

Oh no, I cannot believe this thread has been revived..... this is one of the tackiest trends EVER...... :shock:

Kimkhuu, I was browsing the thread and I see you're from Montreal. The trend was enormous here, I think some musicplus dudes on TV wore them with badly matching sportscoats and it trickled down... I think we can say it was pretty dead last summer so we're safe for now.

Fuuma said:
Kimkhuu, I was browsing the thread and I see you're from Montreal. The trend was enormous here, I think some musicplus dudes on TV wore them with badly matching sportscoats and it trickled down... I think we can say it was pretty dead last summer so we're safe for now.

Yes, the Von dutch hat craze and then the trucker hat madness.... usally paired with a flipped color polo and designer jeans + some logo sport shoes (puma, adidas)........ :sick:

What a nightmare!

Trucker hats have been gone for a while now. Now I see lots of newsboys and army style truck hats (flattter on top than normal ball caps). Although I do still see trucker hats from time to time. Not the Von Dutch ones but more billabong, volcom, hurley, etc. Girls usually finishe the outfit with a denim mini or bermudas and a wife beater over a bikini. I guess for some of them the hat is more of a personal thing than a trend. perhaps?:innocent: I'm not a fan either way.

I went through a VOn Dutch stage ... but the moment the trucker hat was on my head it was gone .... I still crave a military-print one like Paris & Nicole wore on The Simple Life.

yeah, I think trucker hats really look good on a lot of girls. for example Victoria Beckham. (I'm not a fan of hers, even thou I'm a huge fan of David). she looks just awesome with a trucker hat and aviators on.

I like trucker hats because of how they look, not because of some style-wise thing they add to my own style of clothing. and I got a Vans trucker hat)) I'll try to upload a picture of it one day

I am still seeing boys in the trucker hat. they were a horrible trend, and the only thing worse than a horrible trend, is a horrible trend that won't die.:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->