iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #8 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post a great deal but I just wanted to say how sad I am to hear your story sliv :cry:
Earlier on when I read you were sending Jacky your Olsen tote I was pleased as I have loved this bag for ages and was excited to see how it would turn out.
I can honestly say that I am not tempted, I just couldn't buy it knowing what I know.
I feel your pain :heart:

i wouldn't be surprised if jacky is working on getting the bag made just as you are reading this post. it might take him a bit longer than usual because the bag dose not have the standard chanel chain, but something tells me he'll get it done.

thank you for your support and listening to my rants all day. i don't feel any better now than i did this morning but at least i feel some satisfaction in knowing that i may prevent someone else from making the same mistake. lesson learned for all of us.

Oh man, I've been away for some time now....just crazy times....what a disappointing scene to come back to. What a creep J is for that shady move....that's disgusting to say the least. I wish we had the power to start a movement against buying from him....blacklist his shady butt!! But I fear that most ladies will still be buying from him knowing all of this....too bad. I know you probably don't feel any better but sometimes it's good to just get it off your chest....don't give up tho'....can't let him get off so easy, he makes way too much $$ from TFSers to treat anybody like that, and he knows better than anybody how valuable that hologram sticker was....for him to say that he/they "threw it in the garbage" is a crock of pooh!! good luck getting this sorted out though....keep us posted.

I say go on and vent. I for one am not buying anything from him again. I emailed him about my package, and sure enough, he doesn't guarantee shipment anymore. And--if something happens to your item once you buy it from him, you can't get a refund, only 1/2 back.

Well, at least we have our boys! I like them. So keep us posted. I too wish there was something we could do, but alas, what can we do? We don't even know his real name or where he works out of!

You know what, I was about to get my second SC LV bag from him but knowing he did what he did makes me so put off that I'm not going to get anything from him ever again. if he can do something like that to someone who is doing him a HUGE favour, what else can't he do to fc*k us over. :angry:

Sliv, I was one of those who were happy that you were gonna send the auth bag to Jacky.. but what happened was just terrible. I'm so sorry about it. That's a new low, even by a rep seller's standards. I for one am not going to purchase anything from him again. I doubt our boycott will hurt him much though, seeing as he supplies sellers with hundreds of bags.

I bet that he WILL produce it sooner or later, and yes he of all people should know the value of the hologram. So ladies, if you see a "auth" Chanel Olsen in the next few months, beware.

As for your bag.. can you push him to BUY it? seeing as he ruined the bag and its value.. thank god you were sharp enough to take note. If it was someone less observant he'd get away with ruining that bag. argh that's just sickening!

oh no sliv, i'm so so sorry to hear about what happened!!!

my two cents worth is at this point in time, i do agree with madbalgal that you should ask jacky to purchase your bag, for a reasonable amount (was it 1200 that you said?). in this way, he can't just say that he's paying that much for a "sticker", he's paying that for an auth bag, which he ruined, and he still can use the bag to replicate more bags in future.

in this way, you get compensation for his disgusting actions, and it's not a total loss making transaction for him as well, and he has no reason to say no. it's not as if he hasnt bought authentics to replicate before.

and i also think he should send you a free bag(s) for this entire fiasco.

all the best.

sliv - i am aghast, so angry at him for you. I agree with everyone and think he should buy your bag, he's bought authentic before, he can damn well afford it - i reckon you should play hardball $1150 as a minimum and negotiate from there. Or he needs to pay you in kind as 2 bags per month for 12 months. in my own small way to protest, i won't be ordering from him as planned.

I say go on and vent. I for one am not buying anything from him again. I emailed him about my package, and sure enough, he doesn't guarantee shipment anymore. And--if something happens to your item once you buy it from him, you can't get a refund, only 1/2 back.

let's be real, you aren't halting your buying from jacky because of sliv, you've had your own issues before this started which left a bad taste in your mouth. i can easily see what put you off, but let's call it what it is and not pretend it's a statement on behalf of a tfs member.

fyi, jacky has NEVER guaranteed a package arriving at your home in one piece. he has only guaranteed clearing customs in HK and after that, whatever happens happens. this is normal practice for counterfeit suppliers or purchasing anything from overseas (even a package from NAP UK can be seized in customs; they have free reign to pull whatever the hell they want). offering half of what you spent is beyond generous. i'd like to see that done from any other supplier. fat chance.

you're dealing with the world of counterfeit bags, so please do not preach about customer service. if you're that concerned, take your business to a legit store.

let's be real, you aren't halting your buying from jacky because of sliv, you've had your own issues before this started which left a bad taste in your mouth. i can easily see what put you off, but let's call it what it is and not pretend it's a statement on behalf of a tfs member.

fyi, jacky has NEVER guaranteed a package arriving at your home in one piece. he has only guaranteed clearing customs in HK and after that, whatever happens happens. this is normal practice for counterfeit suppliers or purchasing anything from overseas (even a package from NAP UK can be seized in customs; they have free reign to pull whatever the hell they want). offering half of what you spent is beyond generous. i'd like to see that done from any other supplier. fat chance.

you're dealing with the world of counterfeit bags, so please do not preach about customer service. if you're that concerned, take your business to a legit store.

thesiren - i know you are a longtime member of this thread, and i do respect you for that and all your valuable contributions, however in this case i do think you have misinterpreted boinquo's comment.

i don't think she meant that she would stop buying items from jacky because of sliv's experience, i think she was just sharing that she would stop as well, because of her experience with the shipping of her bag.

just another two cents worth! :neutral:

I for one would be more than happy to never ever buy stuff from Jacky again and tell others not to do so, because of what he did.

foudefalala, I believe you're right about that comment that thesiren quoted, but this one she wrote is pretty clearly implying she would not buy from Jacky due to his VERY poor treatment of Sliv. And we know she wouldn't have bought anything anyway due to her own previous encounter.

Not that I've got anything against you boinquo - it's unfortunate that your bags got stuck in customs but I also think that he shouldn't have to refund it all. You are aware of the laws and 50% is pretty good. Better than any legitimate online stores who claim NO responsibility after the shipmnt has left their hads.

And Sliv, that is disgusting. Jacky should buy the bag off you, no question, for market price.

I never want to buy another bag from Jacky after this incident. It's just how he handle the whole situation and denying it!!
I am so angry for you Sliv.
You definately should demand more from him. Get him to buy it from you.
I do not think Jacky's bags are that great now. bleh~

Agreed. And this applies as well to the onslaught of declarations of "boycott Jacky" :rolleyes:

While I have no idea what an Olsen tote is (yes, I know I could google it but I'm lazy) or how much it costs, I can't even begin to imagine how undoubtedly frustrated and heartbroken you must be, sliv.
On the one hand, you did the replica mogul a ginormous favor and in turn he essentially **** on you--and with a smile. On the other hand, just as I expressed to boinquo, every transaction within the world of foreign online replicas assumes a great deal of inherent risk. Buyer beware doesn't just apply to buyers anymore.

This forum touts its uncensored honesty, and honestly, sending an exorbitantly priced designer bag overseas to a well-known criminal (calling a spade a spade here--what he does is illegal) to replicate isn't exactly common sense. He's in business to make money, whatever the cost...
Granted, it's a wonder ANY of us ever receive the bags/purses/items we blindly hand over hundreds of dollars for. What in god's name makes us so trusting of a stranger that makes us wire upwards of $1500+ via Western Union to a chinese/hong kong/whatever man (woman?) we've never met in hopes they'll send us what they said they would???!!!
It's baffling when one really thinks about it.

Not to be a hypocrite, but the only sellers who have proven themselves worthy of sending authentic bags to is, of course, T&D. To some extent, they are different from Jacky/Catty in a lot of ways.
For one, they've done it before and have had no issues, complaints, red flags or upset clients. They're also way more friendly, open, honest and communicative. I know personally my e-mail exchanges with them are very rarely about bags. Treat T&D like a friend and they'll do the same in return. They've said it themselves, they're "not chinese sellers who will do anything for a buck". Regardless of ethnicity or motivation, though, one should always proceed with caution.
We don't know these people in real life and have very little recourse in the event something like this happens.

sliv
, I hope this mess gets resolved one way or another and in a way that leaves you feeling left whole again. I'm sorry you had to be the one who teaches us all a lesson but at least it's a lesson learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. And this applies as well to the onslaught of declarations of "boycott Jacky" :rolleyes:
Could you please clarify this comment and smiley, that is, if I have decided to change my order from Jacky because of this knowledge shared on TFS, I should not share this... not wanting to misinterpret your comments as as a relatively newbie poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the issue here is that many people who have bought from jacky before and have had unsatisfying experiences are using Sliv's situation (In which which no one can argue that Jacky behaved poorly) as the poster boy for a "boycott jacky" movement.

In general, Jacky has had as great feedback and flaw handling as you can expect from, as amethyst_sparkle pointed out, an actual criminal.

If you truly have reconsidered ordering from Jacky as a show of support though, I don't think anyone would be rolling their eyes at you.

Jacky has been very good to me when I have had issues in the past with my PS1 so I would like to see how this pans out for Sliv in the end. Of course hoping for the best - i would be heart broken if this were me.

I just find it a tad melodramatic to declare a boycott on Jacky based on one singular bad experience someone else has had in a predicament that virtually none of us will never find ourselves in. I support sliv 100% in this ****ty situation and understand completely why she won't deal with him ever again. But everyone else who buys from Jacky. . . buys from Jacky. We don't send him our two thousand dollar designer purses to replicate.
So unless an individual has personally experienced less than standard treatment from Jacky during or after a purchase and has decided to cease transacting with him, I see no reason to unleash an anti-Jacky campaign based off an entirely different situation...especially when said situation has yet to be fully resolved.

While I have no idea what an Olsen tote is (yes, I know I could google it but I'm lazy) or how much it costs, I can't even begin to imagine how undoubtedly frustrated and heartbroken you must be, sliv.
On the one hand, you did the replica mogul a ginormous favor and in turn he essentially **** on you--and with a smile. On the other hand, just as I expressed to boinquo, every transaction within the world of foreign online replicas assumes a great deal of inherent risk. Buyer beware doesn't just apply to buyers anymore.

This forum touts its uncensored honesty, and honestly, sending an exorbitantly priced designer bag overseas to a well-known criminal (calling a spade a spade here--what he does is illegal) to replicate isn't exactly common sense. He's in business to make money, whatever the cost...
Granted, it's a wonder ANY of us ever receive the bags/purses/items we blindly hand over hundreds of dollars for. What in god's name makes us so trusting of a stranger that makes us wire upwards of $1500+ via Western Union to a chinese/hong kong/whatever man (woman?) we've never met in hopes they'll send us what they said they would???!!!
It's baffling when one really thinks about it.

Not to be a hypocrite, but the only sellers who have proven themselves worthy of sending authentic bags to is, of course, T&D. To some extent, they are different from Jacky/Catty in a lot of ways.
For one, they've done it before and have had no issues, complaints, red flags or upset clients. They're also way more friendly, open, honest and communicative. I know personally my e-mail exchanges with them are very rarely about bags. Treat T&D like a friend and they'll do the same in return. They've said it themselves, they're "not chinese sellers who will do anything for a buck". Regardless of ethnicity or motivation, though, one should always proceed with caution.
We don't know these people in real life and have very little recourse in the event something like this happens.

sliv
, I hope this mess gets resolved one way or another and in a way that leaves you feeling left whole again. I'm sorry you had to be the one who teaches us all a lesson but at least it's a lesson learned.

We need a "like" button on tfs (a la facebook, as someone else previously stated). :D I'm not going to boycott Jacky because the quality of his bags hasn't changed and he sends his customers what they order and pay for (save for mistakes that every seller could/does make).

silv: I'm really sorry you've had to deal with this mess. I also was going to post asking if you were aware that Jacky deconstructs a bag in order to replicate it, but I thought Jacky would have told you. He should have made everything very clear and had the terms laid out and mutually agreed upon before you sent the bag. This is unfair and again, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. :flower:

I am L O V I N G moutarde!!!! I originally wanted RH but I may be swayed to GSH... I just showed DH the picture to keep in mind for my :santa: present! :woot:

Silv, I'm really saddened to hear that Jacky altered your bag and then has been dishonest in reporting back his actions. I hope it works out! I've only ordered from Jacky a few times in the past and have not had any extensive communication with him, but hopefully he's just playing a negotiation game with you and will eventually fess up, and give in.

Amythyst_Sparkle: I do agree with you that it's quite amazing the trust we put in sellers. I've had some really positive experiences with sellers like T&D (obviously lol) and Catty. At one point Catty sent my bag to a different recipient and when it was redirected towards me but I never received it, she kindly resent my bags to me from China at no additional cost. She just asked that I send her back the original bags if I ever received them, which I never did. I thought that was really amazingly kind of her.

My fingers are crossed that Jacky with come through in this situation.

Also I recently got a bag from T&D that spend near 6 days as being listed as received in China but no mention of being mailed to the US. Then on day 7 it just popped up as having cleared customs - still no mention of leaving China. Perhaps the reporting of tracking of packages from China has changed.

helens, amethyst_sparkle - i appreciate your opinions, and yes i have reconsidered and won't be ordering after reading all these posts not just sliv's experience, this is a choice i've made and chose to share here - the words boycott, melodramatic, unleash, anti-Jacky - well that's your choice of language - each to their own . i didn't realised that sharing my viewpoint really deserved a cyber slapping for what i consider an better informed decision.

daisy, I'm not e-slapping you (or anyone for that matter). I'm just trying to dig out some perspective from under what seems to be an avalanche of sensationalized and alarmist "down with Jacky" posts. Straight talk, straight shooter style. The situation simply hasn't been resolved yet and it makes much more sense to refrain from making grandiose declarations until it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->