Isabel Marant F/W 2024.25 Paris

all of these paris collections are blending into one. i swear to god. this is exhausting

Their latest men collection with Lilac/People color palette was such a fresh breath. Now, everything feel like Chloe's uglier Boho sister

H&m much?!???? Horrible…. Just because she has models doesn’t make it fashion

I always enjoy her shows for their wearability and this is no exception. It does feel a little heavy compared to her SS collections just like Ulla Johnson in NY. I miss that effortlessness but the jackets here are fire.

She clearly needs a reinvention, the clothes is not exciting, the brand image is getting stale.
Maybe a different stylist/ art director to help to spice thing up.

Because right now why go to Isabel Marant when AMI is offered the same clothes but with more excitement and modernity.

She clearly needs a reinvention, the clothes is not exciting, the brand image is getting stale.
Maybe a different stylist/ art director to help to spice thing up.

Because right now why go to Isabel Marant when AMI is offered the same clothes but with more excitement and modernity.
U really feel like AMI offers the same clothes?
I feel like AMI has a more modern approach.

It’s so interesting to see this alongside Chloe.

I think the leather pieces are quite good here but it’s a lot of mess…But Chloe might be 00’s inspired, it is still fresh and modern.

This does look stale and boring. There’s a lack of lightness and a redundancy in that 80’s baroudeur look.

U really feel like AMI offers the same clothes?
I feel like AMI has a more modern approach

Maybe because I always associate her in my mind with an image of a typical Parisian look. (Remember when we couldn't escape her sweater on the cover of Alt's VP, that was a fun time).
People may confuse her brand with Chloé but to me Chloé women is a French bohemian free spirit while IM women is a classic Parisian with a twist. My favorite collection from her is Fall 2015, because she updated the classic Parisian codes in a contemporary way.

I don't know what happened with her lately but her clothes always look dated to me. It's inspired by the 80s/90s but it doesn't feel current. That's why I compare her to AMI because Alexandre understand the look of today.

The collections are repetitive but her styling doesn't help.... I d like to see it in a cleaner presentation, less messy.

The blouson leather jackets are decent but other than this is so stale , Isabel Marant has been perpetually trapped in Claude Montana fashion shows of the 80s for 12 years counting, most of the outfits just are stale, overwrought and feel suffocating after the freshness and lightness of Chloe, this just feels irrelevant.

I also felt it was messy... Got the vibe but its tiring to see so many similar stuff all together... Some jackets looked really cheap with the leopard collar...too many embelishments, stuff every where... It looked heavy

Chloé does one show and all of sudden it becomes the standard. ffs.

Anyway...I can't help but love Isabel. You know what you're going to get and that may feel stale to some but it's also a reassurance to others. I can understand the request for something new. At most I'd like to see her play with a different silhouette. Keep the masculine feminine mix. Perhaps something cleaner? The 80s strong shoulder is a hard one to sell season after season. I like the draped fringe. But the leopard tights definitely has to go.

Last edited:
^Me neither. The most solid and quintessential Isabel Marant collection in what feels like forever. A return to form is you ask me! I am in awe of that red leather, all those wonderful textures and the styling from Emmanuelle Alt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->