Isabel Marant for H&M

But then there's people who buy more than five items for themselves, as well as the ones who buy loads for eBay. At the end of the day there's only so much they are going to limit people, it's a store and they want things to sell. They put limits in place not to annoy the customers, but either way, they want it gone and can't imagine they care to who really!

Certainly. And if it's truly sold, then it's sold. But from previous experiences they always end up with a load of returned merchandise they have to mark down, likely from a mixture of people who had the opportunity to try it on and those eBayers who couldn't get their stuff sold to overprices. So if they were most interested in selling everything at highest possible margin, they should be interested in a strategy that ensures least possible returns. But if they are more interested in creating hype then yeah, they wouldn't care about who buys and end up returning again.

And I do think it's misleading to market it as a way for everyone to get a piece of "IM" since it requires either several hours of constant refreshing your browser, or getting up at the crack of dawn to stand in line in the freezing cold just for the chance of getting something.

Last edited by a moderator:
oddly sold well in the portland store, I went there around 11 and men's literally had 3 tee shirts, 4 coats and a few pairs of pants left in the ingest sizes :( and the ladies was almost gone too.

The online store refreshed and a lot of pieces came back online, including the beaded little jacket.

I went to HM last night and there was nothing left but 2 dresses and some mens jeans and coats.jeans were not good quality so I have no idea how womens jeans were like.also there were basic white tees and some print tee but I skipped.no accesories or scarves yet.so bad.maybe they would return some today and saturday.I only bought the dress Milla Jovovich was wearing at lookbooks/adcampaigns.Its a totally french chic dress :rolleyes:all I need now to buy some real IM suede boots or some french brand fringe suede boots:lol:

also I did windowshopping and that suede fringe boots doesnt look so bad.I took photos they are on instagram &twitter but couldnt blog my computer died this week.:angry: maybe I can upload some of them here from my work pc.:doh:

Do they ever restock online? Or is it all 100% gone now?

unsure if they do - though I would check back as there will definately be returns. (Especially of the black tux £80 jacket!) There is so much stock on ebay that some sellers may return when they fail to sell their items at inflated prices (one seller has it listed at £900 :lol: pitty the fool that buys it!) It may be Isabel Marant design but it is still H&M quality -so the ebay prices really aren't justified for materials used and mass factory run-outs.

You really can not knock someone for having the balls to try and making some money out of this...who wouldn't try and sell a £80 jacket for £££? the issue is perceived worth....and how desparate some people get for what is essentially just an item of clothing! (there have been times when i have been stupid myself!) For something that simply makes you 'look good' it doesn't cure cancer or feed the hungry!

If people didn't by the collections from ebay at stupid prices, then there wouldn't be sellers to feed this demand. Very simple!

The only thing that has annoyed me about this whole thing is how a company as large as H&M failed to learn from the designer collection launch of 2011 and let their ecommerce platform fail and crash again GLOBALLY!

For customers not to get online for 3 hours is appauling. That's not making fashion accessible in any shape or form!

Whilst I am sure as a company @Hm do not care, as they sold the collection out - they should really care about how they treat their customers!

One day humans may be intellegent enough to boycott organisations to force them to improve. I guarentee if everyone who was left refreshing for 3 hours made some sort of noise on - for example H&M's facebook page...they would be forced to listen to their customers and make improvements so the site doesn't crash at the next designer launch!

Or they could do what they did to me and remove my online comment?

its all a game...

unsure if they do - though I would check back as there will definately be returns. (Especially of the black tux £80 jacket!) There is so much stock on ebay that some sellers may return when they fail to sell their items at inflated prices (one seller has it listed at £900 :lol: pitty the fool that buys it!) It may be Isabel Marant design but it is still H&M quality -so the ebay prices really aren't justified for materials used and mass factory run-outs.

You really can not knock someone for having the balls to try and making some money out of this...who wouldn't try and sell a £80 jacket for £££? the issue is perceived worth....and how desparate some people get for what is essentially just an item of clothing! (there have been times when i have been stupid myself!) For something that simply makes you 'look good' it doesn't cure cancer or feed the hungry!

If people didn't by the collections from ebay at stupid prices, then there wouldn't be sellers to feed this demand. Very simple!

The only thing that has annoyed me about this whole thing is how a company as large as H&M failed to learn from the designer collection launch of 2011 and let their ecommerce platform fail and crash again GLOBALLY!

For customers not to get online for 3 hours is appauling. That's not making fashion accessible in any shape or form!

Whilst I am sure as a company @Hm do not care, as they sold the collection out - they should really care about how they treat their customers!

One day humans may be intellegent enough to boycott organisations to force them to improve. I guarentee if everyone who was left refreshing for 3 hours made some sort of noise on - for example H&M's facebook page...they would be forced to listen to their customers and make improvements so the site doesn't crash at the next designer launch!

Or they could do what they did to me and remove my online comment?

its all a game...

word to your entire post. By some pure stroke of luck I managed to put the one item I wanted in my basket and pay for it, but the site was inaccessible for 3 hours besides that. I never managed to get through when Marni was released. How can it be they can't fix this??

They don't HAVE to fix the problem as demand is always high and the collections bar the Madonna one, have always been a success.

Regardless of their platform falling over they always sell out! If the platform didn't fall over it would literally sell out in under 10minutes. I literally went through the site adding 8 items to my basket and hit checkout when the site failed at 9.08am! By the time they'd fixed the issue - only one item was left to actually purchase.

I did try phoning my order through - but their card paying system had gone down too! Had that worked, I would have been able to get 7 of the 8 items I wanted as only one item had sold out by that point.

the positive is - I saved myself some money! Otherwise I'd be hundreds down with another bag full of clothes that I can't actually fit into my wardrobe! :woot:

word to your entire post. By some pure stroke of luck I managed to put the one item I wanted in my basket and pay for it, but the site was inaccessible for 3 hours besides that. I never managed to get through when Marni was released. How can it be they can't fix this??

I woke up super early this morning and EVERYTHING was restocked. I only had trouble getting the wool blazer from girls (I'm too petite for the woman's version). It kept showing it was in stock but every time I placed it in my basket, it kept showing 0 quantity and I couldn't change it. In the end, I decided to create a new profile with a different email and then it worked. I don't know if I triggered their limit on how many items, even though on their website it says you can buy one of each so that was annoying.

Regarding the eBay issues, yes it's all about supply and demand. Which is why I'd rather not buy something than feed into it.

Anyways, I got the girl wool blazer and the three silk shirts. I would have loved to buy the coats since everyone says they are great quality but I know they will be too big.

Do they ever restock online? Or is it all 100% gone now?

some items have been restoked on the UK website....sure more will as they get returned....15mins instore isn't a lot of time to try stuff on and most people just grab familiar sizes but heard the collection came up quite small.

some items have been restoked on the UK website....sure more will as they get returned....15mins instore isn't a lot of time to try stuff on and most people just grab familiar sizes but heard the collection came up quite small.

I actually found the sizing to be all over the place! I got the silver bomber jacket in a UK 6 when I would usually be an 8, but the white and black net tops fit me perfectly, however the peasant dress swamped me. I'd say there will be returns because taking your usual size and not trying stuff on would have been a huge gamble.

the online website for me has everything available today but the things i want are gone, and only big sizes are left. I just wanted the black and off-white knitted sweater but i knew it was going to be popular

I wonder will they restock their website? I hate that i missed. There are few pieces left but not all the ones i liked or in a wrong size..

went to the pre-launch in Vienna, got this

2i1o781.jpg

i JUST fit in there. if i wear a shirt underneath. but i love the detailing. glad that i still fit into kids sizes.

there were quite a few tuxedo jackets left in Vienna at the pre-launch. same with jewelry. i think most people got the shaggy b/w cardigan and the boots. the menswear was entirely uninspiring to me, IM is not exactly MY type of designer (loved Lanvin, couldn't find basically anything i liked from Versace, except for the leather sleeved coat)

Some items are being listed as in stock online but when I try to proceed to checkout I get a popup saying they're not in stock and therefore can't go and purchase them. Is anyone experiencing this?

The Knightsbridge store had nothing left other than two belts and a coat someone returned. Oxford street had belts and some beans and a large pair of sequin leggings. Might possibly be the most sold out I've seen a collection be in London actually. Probably cause it's all sitting on eBay mind..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->