Isabel Marant for H&M

i think this is h&m's best collab since lanvin.. the quality is really up there and the collection makes me forget the mess that was margiela.. isabel focuses on a more narrow range with less emphasis on gimmicks and more on updated classics.. keep in mind i'm speaking mainly about the menswear.. which i at first thought was a bit lazy as it looked a bit like isabel was taking cues from Balmain / Saint Laurent ... but looking closer at her past work it seems more like the other way around perhaps.. regardless everything is so wearable and the fit is so satisfactory to me, slightly oversized/slouchy yet tailored.. it's kept me going back to the store for more & now a week later i've purchased almost everything :green grin: i really hope she pursues with menswear design..

there are quite a few items left at my local stores. mostly the oversize items (womens coats, the coated pants in all sizes, earrings - people did not seem to want to buy these items)

i have never liked any coated or faux leather material on garments so i am not surprised others didnt seem to like them either.

the leftover items across the country will be shipped off to the NY flagship stores in a few days.

I'm annoyed with myself for not getting the black and white men's jumper. I had it in my hand at the event and then decided it would end up making too warm... now I want it. They're going for not too much more on e-bay then they originally were but I can't bring myself to do it! The online store just had a big replen I noticed and a lot of styles came back, but they are of course, now sold out again!

i wore the silver $50 belt today. it is made in italy. i got the size S and i think it fits true to size.

I've been wearing the men's sweatshirt that I got in a medium and it's pretty huge, the arms are massive. I should have got the small. Generally I'm a medium or large in H&M's sizes usually.

Got my top today! The fabric is more translucent than I thought it would be, but I have a nude bra, so it's not an issue. This is a size 4, so it's a bit slouchier on me, but I like it better that way. Love the print too. The picture is mine, I apologize if it's too big. Trying to re-size it doesn't always work for some reason.
1467394_10201230079730285_2146736712_n.jpg

it looks great! i got the long sleeve one in a kids size and it already has a hole in it..not really happy about that :(

No, it's just been moved into the categories, so the jeans are in the jeans section etc.

Now they've consolidated all the UK stock to the three stores around Oxford circus you can see what will be reduced. Men's and women's leather pants and jeans are there in their tonnes, so many of them in all sizes. The gold metallic pieces are still readily available, the chiffon too with gathered sleeves and sequin leggings along with the men's boots are sure to be reduced. Regent street as a wall of the boots left.

I just visited the H&M at the Eaton Centre in Toronto and there was a lot of stock left, so far as I could tell. Lots of skirts, dresses, pants. Not very many coats, though. It was in the middle of the day on a Saturday and I didn't notice very many people looking through it. Hm.

I saw the navy mens coat in store and thought it looked particularly cheap... The Paris Haussmann had plenty of them, alongside the white trousers and the boots...

That's the boy coat, right? How's the quality/cut? I'm strongly considering getting it because it's 80% wool and looks beautiful, but I already bought the girl wool blazer.

it's nice, similar to the mens coat (which costs more than double). the main difference is that the inner pockets are lined in cheap satin in the kid's peacoat and a nicer cotton in the adult's long coat.

else than that, it's nice enough, especially for the price. my only issue is really just the cheap polyester satin lining... the viscose used in the coats for the Margiela collection feels much nicer.

My 3 items arrived before the weekend and I'm thrilled with everything. The black biker jeans are small fitting, though. I ordered a size bigger than I would normally, just to be sure and even those are a little.. snug. The black and white long-sleeved t-shirt is a perfect fit and as honeycombchild mentioned before, the wool scarf from the menswear is super soft and has been a great purchase.

I bought the gold silk dress which arrived today. The print looks so lovely in person but it is soooo tight around my hips/rear :lol: I don't shop at H&M usually so I wasn't too sure about sizes. I'll probably end up returning it which is a shame, because it is really pretty and fits fine everywhere else, I don't understand why it's so tight at the bottom (other than me being pear shaped haha).

I'm watching the website daily to see if a men's black and white jumper pops back up... so far, that I've seen, only a size L has come back up which is no use. I have a feeling this jumper will not be mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
after the lure is gone, HM collaboration pieces doesnt look as attractive as real IM line pieces to me.Maybe I am more into main line :D

Returned my dress to the Glasgow store today and there was quite a bit of IM hidden at a corner of the store. Mostly leather pants and coats left, with a couple of basic vests and child's jumpers dispersed between them. I might go back next week to see if there is anything discounted.
The sales assistant that served me said they had more of the leather pants in their stock room. I think they've been hard to shift.

I noticed on the men's black pair the leather was cracking or chipping off. It was probably intentional but it just looked like they'd get so much worse over time.

Yikes :blink: The impression I got was that they have got a fair amount of stock left (probably just returned items) but they don't want to put it all out because they still want to make it look exclusive and hard to get.

I managed to get an order through for the men's jumper today, so fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled..

There isn't likely to be any form of reduction online for quite a few weeks, returns can take up to three weeks to get back to H&M from the UK (I've sent quite a few things back before so can vouch for that!) I ordered a top on the launch day and it still hasn't even been delivered. I'd be surprised if anything got reduced online before their sale begins just before Christmas.

Store wise I reckon when sale hits around the 10th of December we'll see some bits get reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->