Isabel Marant S/S 2021 Paris

from the clothes to the show: absolutely hideous. Social distancing who? It felt so uncomfortable to watch, so stupid. I'm not wishing the best for her this season. You can't be that irresponsible.

I appreciate the dancing approach as a whole (albeit messy, all over the place and it actually gave me a headache) but in times of Covid and social distancing, it's a big NO!
Otherwise, there are quite a few nice pieces here. I also really like the color palette, from the pale pink to the purple tones and the blue. Oh and I have a thing for fuschia these days so I'm happy to see it pop up here. I find the weakest part of this collection to be the last one with the darkers looks, that I find uninteresting and way too basic.

It's a good Isabel Marant collection I guess, I mean it's recognizable (albeit she loves Saint Laurent so much and it's visible) and quite cute. I like the colour palette. However, that show was a total disaster. I get that Isabel wanted to make it joyful, but it was just an annoying and irresponsible mess.

Paris fashion week is like corona who? :lol:.

Joke aside. Nice collection, typical Isabel Marant. Menswear seemed a bit better than usual.

its typical Paris Vogue circa 1984-85, she needs to move on from putting pretty much the same collection for the past 7 years. When I see this , she truly is divorced from the times , Fendi on the other hand captured the essence of today.

Not feeling this color palette at all, I only liked the lilac and lavender pieces, plus the neutrals of course. At least she gave his mens more of an attitude, men can also be 80s groupies you know...

I don't care about her clothes and only watched because of (La)Horde.. and I actually quite enjoyed it, putting the irresponsibility of risk factors aside, they're messy and.. brilliant, I figure projects like this, that need to remain centered on the models and clothes, are challenging and potential has to be repressed a little but I loved the energy and sense of humor and.. my god, seeing that (in this limited presentation) just makes me want to crave watching contemporary dance.. what an empty year for that, too.

Back to the collection, she says she 'cannot design any other way' and I beg to differ! yes you can! you didn't always get a "helping hand" from Vogue Paris stamped in every garment from beginning to end of every collection, fall 2006 looks infinitely more modern and confident than any of this fashion victim stuff.. it's not so much about 'pushing' yourself during a pandemic, but.. maybe letting go of the unnecessary.

i dont like the berry colours. the silhouettes are solid good looking marant style. and I dont mind,thats whats she always did and its her signature.
the show is super silly. I hate contemporary arty dance sh*t in general. I dont get why alot of fashion brands are so obsessed with it. its the most stupid,visually ugly artform imo. I prefer havin 100 cardi b ***es twerking 20 min straight into my face than this wannabe arty bullsh*t.

Love the shiny means wear pieces.

The dancing was absolutely hideous.
Well the clothes are fine by me because it's like buying the same collection in a different colour so if i take myself as an example, if you are her client, that's precisely what you want. But it annoys me to no end the fact she pretends that that's not exactly what's she's doing, there's a pretentiousness about the whole thing, totally at odds with the stuff that actually ends in the shop floor. that does not sit well with me. Middle aged women and yummy mummys buy her clothes so this urban kudos she's chasing so desperately is totally misplaced.

I would’ve scrapped out half of it. some of the prints are bad too.
it’s very Isabel Marant for sure, it looks like she just changes the colours and fabrics of outfits, year after year.

I liked more the Men’s looks.

I guess Isabel Marant team never heard of "incubation period". En tout cas, c'est moche.

Please call to Yves Saint Laurent, I have to tell him a gossip about thi collection...

It seems most people here didn't like the show, but I loved it. Aside from the fact that I love the designs, and yes I recognize shes done the similar stuff for a while, I for one enjoy it. Id wear a majority of the collection and colors. Loved the dance mob following the models as well. Its a yes for me. The chaos surrounding the elegant and calm model wearing the clothing hit me in the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->