Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2023 Paris

Fashion like in the good old days, AKA, like in the 2000s!

I gotta give Haider that, while this may not be a perfect collection from start to finish, it does it's job perfectly to serve a much-welcome antidote to what is happening elsewhere in fashion. I'm quite happy for all these sharp cuts and the much more minimal take on Gaultier than what the other guest designers came up with.

I would be very surprised if Haider didn't manage to use the momentum of this show to either score an artistic director position somewhere or to revive his own brand.

YES! YES!
S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!
Clothes that makes my heart beat. Fabulous in every way from the perfect tailoring, the subtle display of techniques, a great dose of modernity with the old-school flair.

This is Haider Ackermann inspired by Gaultier but also by the history of Couture. I saw some touches of Madame Gres, some Cardin…And you cannot reference Gaultier without giving a nod to his master.

There are really pure moment of grace even in their pure simplicity from the simple black look on Malika Louback to the purple Cardin-esque dress, the feathers that looks like spikes…
Even the column sequined dress that we have seen so many times that we are tired is so fabulous here.
There are 3 looks that maybe didn’t needed to be there: the oversized green look, the blue look after and the Couture tracksuit…

Other than that, this is pure love, a real success and there’s something so great about expecting the best from one your favorites and getting the exact best you expected. I want a winter Collection…Summer is not enough!

I’m not ready to splurge on Couture but I really hope that this means a new found sparkle in Haider’s career.

Tilda is definitely the luckiest woman in the world!

Bravo Haider! Always so talented and handsome!

I love it, the show of the season for me.

Haider keeps his promises and delivered us a collection that explores the quiet side of Gaultier.
In a way, this tribute is more than just his Hermes years, but Gaultier's entire career.

The tailoring is flawless. The first two look in and I'm sold.
The menswear is so added a nice touch to the collection. It's opulent and elegant, and they stand out next to the women.
But the real star of the collection is the evening wear. Look 31 is perfection, the textures of that dress are so mesmerizing. And I'm obsessed with the white coat with green gloves.
The styling is also perfect. Would love to know who styled this.

Jean-Paul Gaultier is so cute, he looks so proud the entire show. And so happy when Haider came out. I wish he will never stop this collaboration because it's one of the most exciting things right now in fashion

That not a tattoo-print and laced corsetry in sight is deserving of Haider being the most worthy successor to Gaultier.

Like the previous collabs, there were stumbles. Some questionable looks aside— the finale look, the gold spiky-bead jogging suit, the slogan wrap and the jewel-tone/sherbet color-palette dragged (just black/ivory/crimson would have been so much sharper), it’s this classic, studied side of Gaultier I’ve come to adore the most of his many many many strengths: The disciplined tailoring, the monastic sleekness, and the eternal triumph of classic Haute Couture.

@helmutnotdead, I adored the soundtrack!

Goosebumps! I just forgot how long we haven’t seen this kind of pure fashion on the runway. I mean everyone has their own definition of pure fashion but this is mine. BRAVO!
Fashion is about life or at least a lifestyle. When you look at this collection, you wants to be one of those women or men, you instantly imagine the type of interiors they are in, the types of cars they are in, it’s the ultimate aspiration…So this is pure fashion. Couture at it finest…At it HAUTE. Exquisite in the highest level of sophistication.
It’s so good!

After so long of not really feeling that feeling when looking at collections, I FINALLY felt something that shook me. This collection, while not perfect, was stunning and I did not want it to end.

So many looks I loved like the gold feather top with blue trousers or that pink/lavender gown or all of the black looks. But the star and MOMENT of the show for me was Saskia in that white coat and green gloves. I GASPED ! So sinister and sexy !!!! Uffffffff.

I want to watch again !! I LOVE the soundtrack and lighting and everything !!

If you remember Karl was asked who should take over Chanel, and he said Haider

I knew this would be the best show of the week, and he passed with flying colors!
very little Gaultier here as he only used the house work room for inspiration!
chic and never over the top. perfect! reminds me of gaultier 1999 fall show.

the best part is that he's thanking about a real women! no upside dresses and no lion heads!

A+

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->