Jean Paul Gaultier Mens S/S 11 Paris

I love just about everything. Top 5 for sure. I'm also glad he & Yohji brought back beards on the runway. It's about time.

Jean Paul Gaultier’s backdrop of languorous young men stretched out for massage in the terra cotta red of a Moroccan hammam immediately suggested two things: the legacy of Yves Saint Laurent and a themed show. Yet, despite the YSL references of laced safari tops and the North African colors, this was more than a rerun — and more varied and deeply thought out than recent Gaultier menswear shows.

The idea was to express the nobility of ethnic clothing, whether it was a loose djellaba shirt, copped off around the hips and worn under a suit; or those sandy desert colors going with the flow, without ever descending into folklore. The shoes alone — half backless brogue and half Moroccan slipper — reflected a current trend; as did paint-splashed pants and a half-moon top, baring the midriff. They proved that, even if Mr. Gaultier sticks stubbornly to show themes, he is still right on target for current fashion.

suzy menkes, nytimes.com

looks like someone's gunning for pilati's job. this is the collection ysl should've put on....:innocent: and you have to love jean-paul, he makes this stuff look SO EASY when it's anything but.

well, i think it's an average JPG collection.
but still wanna praise for these all, the looks are nice and appropriate in JPG world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->