Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

The collection as a whole looks stunning (if a slight bit tacky).
It's an eye-catching almost avant-garde take on the Mexican theme.
Great use of colors, and an interesting use of embellishments intended to look like palm fronds. :D
The dramatic white outfit worn by Karlie Kloss really caught my eye -- tacky yet intriguing at the same time. And was that the bridal gown by any chance? :unsure:
And I actually liked the suits better than the gowns.
This was not my favorite collection of the week, but definitely in my top 3.
The actress Cate Blanchett wore a Gaultier gown to the Oscars ten years ago. And Marion Cotillard wore one two years ago. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gaultier gown on the red carpet this year.

My only qualm: WHY WHY WHY do many tfs members assume that couture has to equal flamboyantness and outlandishness? :hardhead:

YES YES YES !!!! THIS is COUTURE, la haute couture à la française comme on l'aime tant !!! this is truly perfect, i love it !!!!!!!

The collection as a whole looks stunning (if a slight bit tacky).
It's an eye-catching almost avant-garde take on the Mexican theme.
Great use of colors, and an interesting use of embellishments intended to look like palm fronds. :D
The dramatic white outfit worn by Karlie Kloss really caught my eye -- tacky yet intriguing at the same time. And was that the bridal gown by any chance? :unsure:
And I actually liked the suits better than the gowns.
This was not my favorite collection of the week, but definitely in my top 3.
The actress Cate Blanchett wore a Gaultier gown to the Oscars ten years ago. And Marion Cotillard wore one two years ago. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gaultier gown on the red carpet this year.

My only qualm: WHY WHY WHY do many tfs members assume that couture has to equal flamboyantness and outlandishness? :hardhead:
because theyre too lazy to research the real meaning. couture week is alot if the time outrageous but it isnt the principle of the garments

he always takes my breath away.

dior_couture1245 you said it all.
it's clear that Gaultier is our generation's master of Couture. There is no doubt. He deftly mixes a million references and is able to find the perfect balance between tongue in cheek and modern chic...(sorry, the rhyme was irresistible).
i can only add
Hail.gif
Hail.gif
Hail.gif
Hail.gif

Jean Paul Gaultier was definitely No. 1 of Haute Couture :woot: I like this strong difference between his Prêt-à-Porter collections and his HC shows ^_^

Some absolutely amazing looks...however this collection could have done with some editing. Some beautiful macrame and structures.

Me, as a woman, I feel loved by Jean Paul Gaultier. That's the best thing about him, then his many signatures and how he can twist them in oh-so-many new ways, every season, there are the tatoo prints, the corsets, the male/female twists. It so fantastically strong, sexy, elegant, charming, modern and chic. The dresses on Georgina, Kim, Rianne and the corset on Morgane are absolutely fabulous.
I love this man in return. He's the king of couture now.

As a mexican I am BEYOND excited. I'm drooling, crying and having orgasms all at the same time. Definitely Galliano must take notes. Everyone has to take notes. This is how Haute Couture should be made. Couture week could have been only JP and it would have been amazing. I just forgot about all the other collections. I don't even miss Lacroix. This is when Lagerfeld's phrase aplies: "Compared to this, the rest are making rags".

WOW! Now THIS is MUTHA F****ING COUTURE!
The second half of this collection blew me away! INSANE details and amazing creativity!
He seamlessly mixed together so many different cultural references without being ridiculously literal like John Galliano. John needs to take notes from JPG on how to do a themed Couture collection.

You can tell this show took a lot of hard work to put on. It grabs your attention and you can easily picture all of these pieces in various editorials. I like the casting.

This is a stunning show! Finally, a perfect show for Couture week!

everything he does is so so stiff these days...and costumey. his older couture was theater as well, but most of the pieces were highly wearable too.:(

I'm not that excited about this collection after all
I know there's some crazy cool stuff but I have the feeling he mixed too thing togheter and the result is a bit too confusionary

This collection gre on me very quickly. I loved this collection, and I have never really been a *** fan of Gaultier. The dresses are fresh and new and quit stunning really. But my favorites are the suites. I love a good couture suite and these are beautiful, I love the white one that Karlie is wearing. Great collection Jean Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->