Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

This is wonderful! Splendid! Bravo JPG! I love the theme, styling, clothes. This is couture

AWESOME!!!
Its like Aztec Godesses and the Mexican Revolution :smile:
Mexico lives in Paris, something I thought I'd never see!
JPG has made me proud of my country, so gorgeous.

VIVA MEXICO!

ITA!
The performance at the end was amazing too! :wub:

seriously, why is everybody just going bananas over such a themed collection?
yes it's all apparent that Gaultier is a master of his craft and has showcased
mindboggling detail and construction this season, but i just cannot fathom why
this collection is being lauded as the best when clearly JPG's standards have
evolved from presenting real Haute Couture to real Flashy Costume Wear. it's
stunning, remarkable, yes incredibly avant garde. it's also incongruous, exorbitant
bordering on being preposterous.

Haute Couture's whole point was to offer exclusive customfitted creations, not to
flaunt dresses that nobody can ever sit on.

OH MY GOD. I don't have words to describe how amazed I am by this collection... It has literally left my jaw dropping. :shock:

seriously, why is everybody just going bananas over such a themed collection?
yes it's all apparent that Gaultier is a master of his craft and has showcased
mindboggling detail and construction this season, but i just cannot fathom why
this collection is being lauded as the best when clearly JPG's standards have
evolved from presenting real Haute Couture to real Flashy Costume Wear. it's
stunning, remarkable, yes incredibly avant garde. it's also incongruous, exorbitant
bordering on being preposterous.

Haute Couture's whole point was to offer exclusive customfitted creations, not to
Daaaaaang! Not only was that straight to the point, but it was beautifully worded too.
To quote a line from a movie: "You tell 'em, honey!" :D

^ thanks :lol: i'm just quite shocked by the reactions everybody seems to
be showing for this collection. i do admire some of the pieces and JPG does
take credit for having the audacity to present something like this. but if i were
one of his clients i think i'd be more appalled than bedazzled by the extravagant
designs. and perhaps consider some of the pieces for, well, a Halloween party,
or a Pirates Of The Caribbean themed Costume Gala, since most of the pieces
just look like avant garde resort wear.

I'd be really excited if Lady Gaga wears one of these to the Grammys. Hahaha. Seriously, she's like the only one who can actually wear these clothes.

Anyways, I like the collection, very Gaultier. I can't believe he doesn't sketch these pieces. The man must have some extraordinary eye for design.

whoa!
and I thought Dior's colour palette was too much this season!

Dior's color choices/mixes were a little tough on the eyes. It was sort of like... unfriendly colors clashing together. Now as for this collection, I think JPG has incorporated a large spectrum of colors, but organized the collection in a way that the outfits just aren't hard on the eyes. In fact, it actually feels very therapeutic to be looking at these pieces.

Plenty of these are wearable. Take away the funky hats/accessories and I would gladly wear most of the dresses. Especially these two :brows:

the celebrity city (copied from rox_yr_sox's post)

You present quite an argument AgrenateD, but as one who was stunned by the looks of this collection, I should say that it's the, as you put it, stunning, remarkable, yes incredibly avant garde characteristics that got us admiring. Being a generation who grew up watching the likes of E.T., A.I., Pirates of the Carribean, to name a few, we used fantasy as an escape to the harsh realities of life. And given the recent economic crunch, it is these fantastic clothes that -- despite the fact that we know we will never wear it anywhere, just as we know we will never meet a vampire or a werewolf or be in an adventure with aliens -- provide us an escape. An watching them is just pure pleasure.

outlandish and "flashy" couture presentations are mostly to show the capabilities of the artisans and the designer's unbridled vision.

The garments that are actually bought by the clients are mere variations on a theme, as they are altered to meet the requirements of each client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->