Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

Finally ! a real couture from a real couturier ,,,, after Yves it is only Jean Paul to me.

This is not really my taste, but some things are such pieces of art that you just can't overlook :shock::heart: Like this, this, this, this and this. Plus the fabric of this dress is extremely beautiful... :heart: It looks like a kind of organza, but softer. Anyone knows the name of it?

Chiffon :smile:

I've seen organza woven in a way that it changes colours like this, so the same effect must be given here

[B said:
dior_couture1245[/b]]t's clear that Gaultier is our generation's master of Couture. There is no doubt. He deftly mixes a million references and is able to find the perfect balance between tongue in cheek and modern chic...(sorry, the rhyme was irresistible).
I agree with it 1000%
This is just pure couture. I knew Mr Gaultier wouldn't disappoint us and he didn't. Thank you, you saved this week! I enjoy seeing an outcome of Gaultier's creative work more than ever, now that all other houses seem to die slowly couture-wise (yes, Mr Galliano, I am looking at you:innocent:) and he just keeps delivering it season after season, bringing in smth new and creative each time but staying true to himself at the same time. I really admire him for this.

I don't like it.
are we in the african jungle or by the amazon river? it's very tribal, but still parisian chic. I'm getting tired of this sort of themed clothes.

Hilary Alexander's critic:

Paris Haute Couture: Jean Paul Gaultier spring/summer 2010 collection
The 'enfant terrible' of Paris fashion also took inspiration from the Aztecs and 'Avatar' for his fantastical Haute Couture collection.

With giant sombreros, conquistador armour, "mariachi" music, and enough hand-tooled leather and cowboy boots to outfit an army of gauchos, Jean Paul Gaultier turned his spring/summer 2010 haute couture collection into a Mexican fiesta in Paris.

The "enfant terrible" of Paris fashion even managed to rope in the Aztecs, via Moctezuma-style turquoise, restyled as extreme corsetry, and paid homage to James Cameron’s sci-fi, box office blockbuster, “Avatar” with multi-plaited hairstyles, in the manner of the Narvi, Amazonian tattoos, and tropical, jungle motifs.

As songs by the Peruvian soprano, Yma Sumac, and the veteran salsa singer, Luis Marino, pounded from the soundtrack, Gaultier’s models paraded in fringed and silver-studded denim; bra-top feathered dresses; shifts embroidered with beatle-bright jewels or worn with metallic shoulder and leg-guards; and ball gowns woven, in the manner of peasant baskets, in ribbons of shadow-dyed silk and suede. Accessories such as palm tree headdresses and bags completed the exotic spectacle.

Gaultier’s show came to an appropriate climax with a performance by the French-American singer, Arielle Dombasle, in a red-hot chilli-inspired beaded corset and crinoline.

The haute couture season concludes with the spring/summer collection for Valentino.

Surprisingly, I :heart: it!!! This must be the first time I like JPG!!! :shock:

Aw leave it to JPG to save HC week for me, putting Dior, Givenchy and everyone esle in its place, what a wonderful collection.

:lol: Ohhhh Jean Paul, you were born to entertain. This probably beats Givenchy....

Cyber Tribal.....f**king awesome. No one's done it like this.

I guess this is what happens when nobody´s bossing around and perfumes sell well (yes Toledano, Im talking about you!)

This is pretty incredible. That being said, I think I need time to fully absorb it all! I cannot wait until the detail shots, there is so much to see here.

I'm not sure that I love it, but I cannot help but be intrigued and inspired by all of the work that has gone into it. :heart:

And Wikipedia tells me that Arielle Dombasle is 51 years old! She looks fantastic.

oh god, died and went to heaven :lol: amazing collection!
i love the fabric sellection and the silhouettes... the rich details are also incredible :heart:

this is incredible. sometimes designers say what their inspiration for a collection is, and I don't necessarily see it.

but here it's like i went to Mexico and came back. It FEELS spring/summery, the designs, the colors, the allusions, they all work in harmony to create that atmosphere.

i can't wait to see somebody rock one of these pieces on a red carpet..

he nailed it.
can't wait to see the video.

I NEED to get me some of those hats. Even if I have to make them using things from my garden I will have hats that look like tree trunks/birds mouth. Wonderful :wub:

everything he does is so so stiff these days...and costumey. his older couture was theater as well, but most of the pieces were highly wearable too.:(
ITA. I really miss his older collections, say, pre-2005. There's just no subtlety in his collections anymore. It's kind of like his work from early in the decade was a really dry, witty joke, whereas nowadays it's more slapstick.

I kind of miss the days when you couldn't see the inspiration for an outfit from a mile away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->