Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

except the denim pieces, the rest are perfect.
Gaultier saves this week.

Bohemian, Indian, pseudo-futurist, new-romantic, tribal spacey, interesting mix.

The dress Karlie was wearing was pretty nice, I liked the accessories a lot in this collection!

One of the more stronger couture shows this season...

jean paul gaultier could design the couture in his sleep. seriously, twice a year we get to peek into the dream world of this man and watch him as he brings these amazing flight fantasy into reality. also, i must say that at this time of global distress, it's especially refreshing and comforting that we still have couturiers willing to spare no dime in bringing us the full experience of the couture.

00850m.jpg

style.com

Bravo, Gaultier,bravo! I love the colors and how I get a kind-of Maria Felix vibe from it (cigars included:P)from the collection. One of my favorite Haute Couture collections so far.

A bit over dramatic, but there's a lot of 1920's or 1930's references hidden underneath the outfits. This is what Dietrich or Fay Wray would wear if either were alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness. I always appreciate what Armani does but I thought this week would be forgettable until JPG. I'm not sure if I should check the Valentino after this, bound to ruin it for me...:unsure:.

Hate the denim dresses love the dresses...the construction reminds of this technique we used in art class with cartridge paper...or palm leaves :lol:. So fun.

Jean Paul is the LAST OF THE OLD COUTURIERS.
Tisci has a real hand and can't be excluded but this type of thought and workmanship is really gone. He has produced exceptional work for much longer than most of us have been alive.

AWESOME!!!
Its like Aztec Godesses and the Mexican Revolution :smile:
Mexico lives in Paris, something I thought I'd never see!
JPG has made me proud of my country, so gorgeous.

VIVA MEXICO!

Tisci has a real hand and can't be excluded but this type of thought and workmanship is really gone. He has produced exceptional work for much longer than most of us have been alive.
You keep chanting "couture is dead, couture is dead" in every other couture thread, but this you praise? How is this theme-y collection of beautifully made, but not exactly wearable walking sculpture any less superfluous than the other collections you've been critiquing? :huh:

Yeah, there are actual pieces in here that can be worn as is (the same goes for Chanel and Dior), but most of this is window dressing.

i agree ! u're so right to notice it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->