Jil Sander F/W 2019.20 Milan

There must be archive pieces, maybe from private collectors, somewhere, because they had some on display at the JS exhibition in Frankfurt a couple of years ago.
I had great expectations when the Meiers were first appointed, but their collections have repeatedly been a letdown. They just don't seem to get the core values of the brand, apart from some generic purity of lines. Like Sarah Mower wrote when she reviewed the first Jil by Raf show, maybe it takes a Northern soul to understand another one...

And I still do not understand why they took the menswear to Paris (JS being pretty much the only designer I can think of who first went to Paris, tanked and then moved to Milan to find success).

The recent collections at CK, Helmut Lang and JS prove that minimalism is not that easy and need someone who truly knows how to do the perfect trousers, jacket or even shirt yet putting an exciting twist to it.

My interest for the Meiers is below zero. I worked with them on shows and they always appear to me to be very lost in their creative process.

What you all said is very true and I deeply agree with. The Alaia business plan should be the one for many brands such as JS.

this looks like a plus sized collection to me...
I think they are going for that market, frankly...
it's a big one and hugely underserved...
not really plus- like a 12 or 14 American sizing...

Marni used to be their go to and dries as well...
marni is now total crap so there is an opportunity...

that's what I see, anyway...
when I think about who would wear these clothes...

I have been a huge critic of Lucie’s Jil Sander but I must say I quite liked this season. It was a huge improvement over all the previous. To me, this fills the gap Celine and Marni once occupied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->