Jil Sander S/S 2025 Milan

I really don't like it at all and in fact it kinda sucks. I only kind of like 2 out of 70 something looks, which kind of crazy. In all honesty, their last really good collection was Fall 2020 and I think they've done some incredible shoes and accessories, but sadly, it seems they've run out of inspiration for quite a while now.

So is this their last show or next season cause someone in the other thread said they’re out.

I really don't like it at all and in fact it kinda sucks. I only kind of like 2 out of 70 something looks, which kind of crazy. In all honesty, their last really good collection was Fall 2020 and I think they've done some incredible shoes and accessories, but sadly, it seems they've run out of inspiration for quite a while now.
I think their SS22 collection was quite strong, but after that their collections have become very heavy-handed and "tricky". Oversized silhouettes are acclaimed for being "anti-sexy", but in reality, often look dumpy on the wearer. The brand would benefit from returning to a more streamlined silhouette.

First Look at Jil Sander:

I love this dress on Libby Bennett, it is very Tomas Maier's BV, I am even getting some VB vibe
I wish they had styled all the pencil skirt looks with a simple elegant pump, it would have made them more lady-like
I don't understand the baggy stuff, but I will give them credit for trying to stay away from Phoebe even though the final effect isn't very Jil Sander

I think there are a lot of strong pieces and looks.
the one on Julia Nobis is absolute perfection for me.

It’s a shame, because with the fashion cycle swinging back to a more subdued period, it would’ve been a great time for Jil Sander as a brand to shine. I agree that a lot of these silhouette are also hard to pull off unless you have a model’s height/size. I keep hoping they’d have the guts to do some hardcore classic Jil sander stuff…

I do think they’ve done well on the accessories though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odisabura
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->