John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

^the way her walk continued without missing a beat, I love it

I do hope John isn't about to return to Dior, I agree with everyone the workload and pressure would be worse now than in 2011. Fendi though? I can see it.

I truly think that his last Couture turned me off from the perspective of seeing his work elsewhere than at his own house.
He will bring again his stuff to Fendi…
Oh well. At least, Silvia is there.

You all are looking at 20 years old shows to judge what may happen. I look at the most recent stuff with the make up, the exaggerated poses. Comedia Del Arte in Roma I guess.

Fendi would be such a strange strategy. John’s work is so British and so French…but never once in his career did his work every feel Italian…

I agree with @Lola701 that the only place I’d like to see him move to at this point would be to his own label. However, I would imagine, knowing there’s very little, if any, infrastructure left at John Galliano, the company, that it would be a huge expense for LVMH to set up an entire atelier and operation for what…maybe another 10 good years left in John, the man?

Why not stay at Margiela? I don’t understand. He’s all the rage now and his work there finally feels settled and confident…why end it?

If Galliano's going back to LVMH, does that mean he could take the reins at his eponymous house again? Does LVMH (or Christian Dior, or one of those web of companies) still own (whatever's still left of) it?

John Galliano is not heading back to Dior​

Posted On July 22, 2024 CPP-LUXURY

According to several sources, John Galliano will not renew his contract at OTB‘s Maison Margiela which expires in October – after having helmed the Creative Direction for the past 10 years. Speculation about Galliano’s next move is rife, but it is highly unlikely he would be heading back to Dior, where he had been sacked in 2011 for his antisemitic remarks. After a 3 year hiatus, he joined Maison Margiela in 2014.

John Galliano has been widely praised for his creations at Maison Margiela, especially his latest ‘Artisanal’ collection which have prompted many to recall his Haute Couture collections during his creative residencies at Givenchy and Dior. His efforts seem to be have been paying off financially. In its latest fiscal year report, Margiela’s turnover for the year to December 31, 2024, rose by 23 percent.

It is believed he has been in talks to re-launch his eponymous brand provided he will be able to secure a deal with LVMH which fully owns the John Galliano fashion brand. He is also pondering the launch of his branded fragrances under a deal that would secure an Haute Couture line.

I feel like Renzo Rosso was almost robbed. He contributed to the redemption of the man and then, after one critically acclaimed collection, the man leaves, go back to « daddy » despite the fact that no collection has been presented since January. It’s all very free at Margiela lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i94marisk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->