John Galliano F/W 2009.10 Paris

AH he's back? i hope so, i hope next season he will do something this good for dior. too bad it's only 30 looks...

Dale, thank you for posting the video! I nearly died. And I had almost resigned myself to the fact that the music would probably suck, but MAN, Moulin Rouge's "Roxanne" is PERFECT for this! WOW! WOW!

^ I love that version way more than the real police one. I want to go watch Moulin Rouge right now.

The music is great. The star, holograph?, whatever it is it's amazing! The show was great and the set was so amazing.

I like it.
I think something better than years ago...
Like the craftship, and the details...

moulin rouge's roxanne is so dramatic. i love it.
thank you Mr-Dale.:heart:

OMG this has to be one of the best collections of all this season, the coats :woot: and the finale dresses are amazinggggggg. However I don't like some of the ultra traditional looks as it looks too staid and uninspired (apart from these Tibetean print skirts). I hope editors pay attention to this collection, as I rarely see his work in eds.......maybe I'm just thinking too much of US Vogue specifically :lol:

this, V&R, Lanvin, Balenciaga, McQueen, and Rodarte are amazing collections of this season... for me are most memorable

amazing dresses and Maryna opening makes the collection
even better

i only really liked the last 5 looks (the gowns). the rest was too overdone, heavy and I didn't like the colours. the final dresses were so magical and light.

this is so beautiful! the floor length dresses at the end!:shock::heart:

I'm going to be a total killjoy right now and say that, in seeing the pictures, I really only like the gowns (though I like them a lot, they're incredibly beautiful). The rest of the collection isn't doing much for me, mainly because it's been covered by John before. I'm tired of the whole folksy Eastern European thing that's been in fashion for like 7 years now on and off. It's tired, and just like last season when Frida Giannini picked up on it, it has nothing to do with anything else we've been seeing. I can see why maybe you could twist that and use it as a positive, but I really don't think it is. It says to me that a designer is out of touch with what's going on around them. And out of all of the territory he's covered before, why this again, and why so literal?

Then seeing that little video clip (LOVE the music, that song is probably the best cover song ever) those flashing lights and the screeching violin build up such momentum, that seeing those folksy Russian dolls and Greek soldiers come out is kind of anticlimactic. After a buildup like that I would expect something really powerful.

At the very least it's worlds better than last season.

^I have the same feeling, Spike. You said it well. It's too literal for the most parts, so imo, 2/3 of the show looking a bit costumey. Some strong shapes and amazing gowns though...

not russian, more like baltics.... latvian, for example:

latvian_traditional_costume_cards-p13796007451470744432oz_400.jpg

zazzle.com

or estonian:

888460762_5f8c873828.jpg

flickr.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member