John Galliano F/W 13.14 Paris

christian zh

Reaction score
7Uxwjs6.jpg

my screenshot from fb/johngallianoofficial

as much as i never like galliano or his aesthetic,let this be a warning to any fledging designers.....never sell a share or stake of your company to anybody. otherwise you can be forced out of your own name like yesterday's trash.

i will say what i am seeing and have seen on nowfashion it's not bad but it just feels odd.

It's kind of weird, some looks are good (black ones), some not. And in a way I'm feeling a bit of the real John Galliono here, weird...

This is weird. there's nothing here apart maybe from the sheer dress towards the end that makes me think 'john galliano'. i get it's gaytten and not john, but it's a totally different thing. some looks are very good, but nothing exceptional here. at all. and this outfit is giving me some serious sarah burton for mcqueen realness:
AI7qwhU.png

nowfashion.com

Oh wow...I'm impressed by Gaytten, there are some great looks here, and a lot more modern and interesting than Galliano's old collections!

As if the final piece at a Galliano collection was essentially a black tube.
Oh well, it was better than it has been, though pretty generic, fashionable and forgettable.

Not getting most of the hating, I think this is pretty good. It's nothing out of this world and some looks get me Balenciaga and Sarah Burton Pre-Season collections vibes but... it's not bad.

With a piece of cloth floor Scarlett O'hara would do something better.

as much as i never like galliano or his aesthetic,let this be a warning to any fledging designers.....never sell a share or stake of your company to anybody. otherwise you can be forced out of your own name like yesterday's trash.

i will say what i am seeing and have seen on nowfashion it's not bad but it just feels odd.

Precisely.

I think they should just either shut down the label or suspend, it's just weird his not designing the label and makes the brand irrelevant...

Definitely different than what's expected. I like the black palette and the unusual bulky shapes here and there.

i think the collection is really good, the black pieces are very nice, but i think the main concern is that it has nothing about john galliano, we understand that the brand is not designed by him anymore, but sometimes we do want to see that the escence it's still there... so maybe that's the main issue with this.

the collection has evolved from it's past in a really good way, but there is still missing a little bit of what it used to be....

BORING. Terrible. Not Galliano.
This is like something out of New York.
Sorry Bill but just close the label down.

Gaytten has the worst luck, I swear.. It's obvious he's brimming with ideas and he's a technically skilled designer but I'd rather he got his own deal. This is an good collection albeit there is a dinstinct lack of any Galliano elements here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->