John Galliano F/W 13.14 Paris

This isn't Galliano, it doesn't have his look.
The collection isn't bad though. I'm surprised to see that Givenchy has better reviews than this, tbh.

Spring 2013 was a stellar show, this is a pure letdown.
He should just expend the floral print idea, those two looks are the things I can't take my eyes off.

It's not Galliano of course; I mean I love him. But this is like a new direction of the brand, the clothes look really good; the tailor was superb. Surely it lacks of drama that the house used to possess but anyway it was good.

Glad to see some here are giving this effort a chance.

I find it funny how some will quickly dismiss this effort has lacking "soul", when I find Galliano's last few years at his own label and Dior to be completely soulless.

I like a lot of some of the offerings here-- it's just too bad it has to be under the Galliano label so of course it won't receive any praises, definitely not from John's fans here. Those long, black outfits with the sharps pleats and glimpses of strategically placed bits of red-- looking like bloodstains peeping out from the slits are so wonderful and dramatic-- and haunting. And the fit is flattering and thoughtful; I can see these pieces, along with the ribbon/ruffle pieces slipping in and finding a home in the Yohji, CDG, Ann and A.F. Vandevorst wardrobe. There's a sense of the sombre, sullen and pensive in design that's never been part of the Galliano design-voacbulary that I find so new here. But, it does seem awkward for this mood to be under the Galliano label, I'll admit.

I think Bill's damned if he follows the Galliano-blueprint for being mechanical, and damned if he proposes something different, as he's doing here. The look on his face in that shot seems to acknowledge this.

I agree it's not Galliano , but it is a very good collection . I think Bill Gaytten is an incredibly talented designer , he 's just in a very difficult situation right now. I loved his last collection at Dior.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's a good collection, too. It nods heavily to the Japanese designers. It's not Galliano by any means, but it's a nice collection.

If he's designing for a label called "John Galliano", I feel like he should at least try to make this a little more Galliano.

^ Exactly. It's like how Sarah Burton is trying to keep the McQueen aesthetic alive, so should Gaytten for Galliano. If not, then close the label and open up the John Gaytten label.

Let's not discredit Bill Gaytten, he's doing a really good job at designing clothes.

He should get his own label/design for a house where he can have complete control, not being a puppet for any huge conglomerate.
(I am a fan of his creations at Christian Dior except the first couture collection so...)

Better than the last collection .. but i miss him sometimes.. sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->