Versace F/W 13.14 Milan

I am actually ashamed to admit that I kind of like it... No, I love it! It must be one of those cases "it's so bad it's good".

Sometimes things are so bad they loop straight back round to right.

This is not one of those times.

too much punk rock attitude ? a lot of spikes & leathers, kinda love closing looks, remind me of Alexander Wang last season :smile:

Best Versace show since F/W 2010.
Loved the hair & makeup and those earrings on most of the girls.
Finally a fun, new runway concept again and the cast was fitting perfectly.
The clothes are quite tacky but so much better than what Versace produced in the past 2 years.

Too much latex for me but AMAZING bags and accessoire and i have to admit i'm a lillte bit disappointed for her cabine..
Versace in my worl mean gorgeous womens, sexy and free blablabla
I didn't found a lot of sexy girls..

I'll look better

i like the season more before but the collections grows on me. At the beginning i thought it is just tacky but i stii found there some coolnes. But the dresses at the end. some of them are really sexy and stunning.

So the menswear collections are likely designed for pimps and the womenswear has the p*rnstar vibes all over the collections. Very tacky!

Gianni was always inspired by the hookers when he started, so I suppose Donatella's just paying "tribute" to that inspiration?

On a more realistic note, I get the whole it's-so-bad-it's-good angle-- because I adore the movie Showgirls in all it's cheese and cheapness, but what woman would want to pay for any of this mess? Gross.

The girl in the last red dress really got into the spirit of this skank collection-- she even has sores (zits, mosquito bites, tracks etc.) all over her body... Gross.

I stopped liking it at around look 13. Things went batsh*t crazy from there. :lol: I did love the gown on Bette at the end but Donatella can make the most awkward/made-10-minutes-before-the-show looking gowns that would make Christian Siriano cringe.

I just couldn`t take my eyes off of it..

... not in a good way. I just can`t believe that Donatella would allow this to happen. Too much was going on! There was latex, fur, metals, plaids, nets, drapes and everything!!! I didn`t know the direction it was going because first you see S&M type latex dresses then the next look would be a fur coat with tacky cheetah colors. Then it goes back to plaid then off it goes to punk rock. It was all over the place. The dresses left me speechless, also in a very, very bad way. I also can`t believe that Cara would allow herself to wear such a disastrous dress! I would have stormed off if it were me.

The first 2 and the last 2 looks were amazing! It got me off my seat. It wasn`t a real standout but in this collection`s standards, it was. Had Donatella only went with that direction, it would`ve been a beautiful dominant collection. What a downfall from Spring`s beautiful clothes.

I wonder how the ad campaign would look like. I`m expecting full of Black and Whites for this one.

some reviews

wwd.com
Va-va-va-Vunk! That’s Versace Punk, thank you, coined by the lady herself, and it was fabulous. Fabulous as in chips-all-in, over-the-top, brazen and absolutely, deliciously fearless. However many days into this long fashion season, we’ve seen a little of wonderful, a little of awful and a great deal of the unmemorable pleasant. Sitting in Donatella Versace’s high-gloss white tent (visibility a plus!) watched over by a giant silver Medusa, who wouldn’t delight in the big, black-and-white zebra (or was it tiger?) intarsia mink coat with red-and-black spotted collar worn over black latex corset and jeans? Betcha that one won’t fade into the March 7th blur.
Versace is a house with a storied history and some highly recognizable fashion iconography, punk references included. Yet in a preview on Thursday, Donatella insisted this would be her vunk only. “It’s not reverential,” she said. “I don’t like to look back. I do, but…”
Looking back specifically to any of Gianni’s great moments, to Elizabeth Hurley in safety pins, might have cast a reverential solemnity over this motif. Instead, Donatella kept all the renowned Versace and sex and sizzle and turned it into a there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-goes my daughter that was somehow as charming as it was hot. The heat was everywhere — in the vinyl maillots that served as underpinnings to great overcoats, their peaked collars tipped in crystals; in vinyl jeans, slashed cocktail dresses — some in animal prints commissioned from the Haas Brothers. Perhaps the charm lay in the ridiculousness of the luxurious low-slung vinyl-and-tartan kilts and an animal-spotted mink mini, or in the jet-topped nailhead earrings and bracelets.
One could note the presence of some terrific wearable clothes; “Broken down…” is a typical WWD phrase. But it’s more fun to focus on the glam gowns that fell from halters of densely packed three-inch spikes and the looks trussed in bugle-beaded harnesses, or that when the girls weren’t wearing boots done up with heavy metal, they wore sandals boasting tufts of perky red and yellow fur.
Best, of all, this collection showed the happy result of genuine daring exercised not by a kid with nothing to lose, but by a major designer who could have just looked nuts. Instead — Vabulous. With a V.

style.com
Once the Costume Institute at New York's Metropolitan Museum latches on to a theme for its annual exhibition, you'll find that notion gets major traction in fashion. This year, it's punk's turn. There's something of a disconnect in all that ardent youthful disaffection being spun into a museum exhibition, but even in its brief, heady, transcendent moment, punk was turning. Its irresistible, iconoclastic beauty infiltrated the unlikeliest corners of pop culture. Divine safety-pinned into Zandra Rhodes at One Fifth in 1978? That was hardly what Malcolm and Viv had in mind when they dressed the Sex Pistols two years earlier. You can only imagine what they would have made of Elizabeth Hurley trolling up to the premiere of Four Weddings and a Funeral in 1994, pinned into a Versace variant on the punk theme. But hey, however it comes, the house has a history with punk. And Donatella is fashion's original rock chick. So when those two threads were woven together tonight, you got one convincing statement. "Vunk!" she called it. The spiky edge of punk, the slinky sex of Versace.

Like her friend Tom Ford's show in London four nights ago, Donatella's presentation was fearlessly over-the-top. One word: vinyl! Its beyond-the-pale fetish connotations made it ideally unacceptable in the eyes of proto-punks like Siouxsie Sioux. Which made it an ideal cornerstone for Donatella. She herself was wearing vinyl jeans. She said they made her feel sexy. But she was also taken by vinyl's stark contrast with the luxe of cashmere, or the plushness of fur. Such extremes drove the collection: a coat as elongated as a military officer's paired with a pelmet skirt; a sheath of pure white crepe bifurcated by a strip of lethal nails. Spikes and nails and bolts were all over earrings and chokers and bracelets. It was discombobulating to see the hardware of pain reconfigured as a fashion accessory, but that was, after all, what Siouxsie, et al., did back in the day. Reconceptualize! No compromise! Gianni was a master at it. And Donatella has learned. Sometimes, she is hesitant about what she's done, but tonight it felt like she was truly at home with the in-your-face-ness of her collection. And it's enchanting to think that she might have headed off home later on for a good old blast of Slaughter and the Dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Va-va-va-Vunk! :blink: more like Va-va-va-what-the-Vunk. Vucked up, with a V. That article made me laugh. :rofl:

seen it ALL before...just not as hideous....

Versace+F:W+2004+Meisel+TFS4.jpg

inoubliablemodelarmy.com

It's so dull now everyone has to be so vague, vapid and 'nice' with their reviews. Style.com wouldn't has said it was hideous even if they truly believed it was, all the magazine editors are tweeting (lying) about how fabulous they though it was. I miss the days where advertisers didn't rule the roost, the days when you could have an actual form of opinion about these things. Now it's only really places like this forum where you actually get to see people's real reactions to things as I can't imagine many of us have a cheque being signed by team Versace somewhere along the line.

well said honeycombchild.
when will they end the charade? Donatella i hear is a nice person, but why does everyone pretend this is fashion? this is no better than a swedish high street brand or Express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->