John Galliano S/S 07 Paris

Mr-Dale said:
**Please see tFS guidelines**

OMG, Stephen Jones is a friggin' genius! :buzz:

Yahoo

Totally agree. This show is about the head pieces and they are beautiful and yes Steven Jones is a genius. He has so much to do with this collection, not the first one this season. The rest seems acceptable, but un-inspiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
72113316.jpg
72113318.jpg

72113319.jpg
72113321.jpg

72113324.jpg
72113326.jpg

Getty

some of the dresses and hats remind me of Yamamoto:-P

Mc Queen: are you envy?????????????????????????????????????????

Well Done
my boy!
I love all the current images
It is the exact point of beauty what your hands offer us
what I like a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:zorro:

Hey John!!!!
Dont Make us wait a year for the video, Pliz
What the h*ll happens with you?
We are hardcore fans of you
But we cant wait so loooooong, for your official videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capt.b71308c332f14baa898e94dbafe820f5.france_fashion_xjb127.jpg

i love this gown so much...it's veronica lake on acid :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I was thinking the exact same thing!

It's so beautiful.

i think the dresses and the hats work wonderful together and i'm actually pleasantly suprised for i am not a huge galliano/dior-fan

but i actually find this collection to be one of the best collections i've seen this week

it's a week of surprises, ann demeulemeester was perfect, undercover was shockingly boring and i love galliano's collection

omg i am totally lost here :smile:

jssy4eva said:
The problem at Dior wasn't the clothes in my opinion...it was the hair :ermm: It made the models look a little strange and took attention away from the beautiful outfits...

This is stunning...sexy and different...with a bit of crazy thrown in!!! Loving what I see so far :clap:

Precisely, with normal hair like in ss/06 i think the collection would be gorgeous. I really like this collection! Saw plenty of pieces I'd love!

Well, I love Galliano because he ain't afraid to bring the crazy, but I honestly don't understand what everyone is so excited about. I don't see what's so spectacular about this.

I disagree with all the people saying this is what Dior should have looked like... Dior was amazing, clean and different. I think that when designers go outside the box (or, for Galliano, go inside the box I suppose) people here can be a bit overly critical.

Anyways, back on topic... this collection is one of the best. Period. This is almost as perfect as Versace and McQueen.

^ the reason why dior was so not crazy is because galliano was told he needed to make his work more sellable for rtw
personally, i like the dior dresses even more than these dresses, although this show is more impressive

i like this quite alot, it is not amazing but it is really good. I am just a little dissappointed with Stephen Jones, some flowers look identical to marc jacobs, besides the size...

i love the head gear but it's so easy to confuse this with dior. both are so good this season though and i think i'm the only one who liked the hair at dior (for the show at least). :ninja: if it was relatively presentable hair, the whole look/theme would be too generic. i thought it enhanced the beauty of the clothes. oh well. this is fantastic as well.

This definately beats McQueen's collection. Everything looks very dazzling and beautiful.....except Galliano.

I want the shoes from this show.

This collection is like Dior's: Galliano is definetily going the right way, but something is missing for it to become a favourite.

I don't like all the colours or the "drapy" material. The waistlines are divine.

Ok, the Style.com review is undeserved negative:

PARIS, October 7, 2006 – After his restrained Dior presentation last Tuesday, you might've assumed that John Galliano would take the audience on one of his wild rides for the label that bears his name. It was something of a surprise, then, when the show opened with a section of white suits. With their hook-and-eye closures and hourglass lines, they looked like the sexpot sisters to their Dior counterparts, but they still seemed intended to send a message about the designer's facility with real clothes.

From that point on, deciphering Galliano's mindset became increasingly complicated. If Dior's eveningwear was calm, tonight's was pitched toward the garish. Liquid jersey in violet, blue, or fuchsia was spliced from hip to thigh with a cartoon-y flower print. Likewise, hand-painted gold chain-mail skirts descended from satiny asymmetric bodices. Softer and prettier were a series of nude chiffons edged with ruffles in a pale floral.

Next came the draped gowns: Splashed with bright sequins or appliquéd with ribbons of gold beads, each one was accessorized by a gargantuan hat. Some of these were fashioned to resemble a leaf or the bow on a birthday present, others to look like a man's fedora. It was hard, finally, to see them as much more than a gimmick.

All of this was set to a soundtrack of songs that referenced frustrated desires. Galliano's great talent has been proven again and again, but this season it seemed curiously fettered.

– Nicole Phelps

Mr-Dale said:
Ok, the Style.com review is undeserved negative:

Thanks, can't say that I agree with that review. "Hard to see as anything but a gimmick", how about as pop art? They're so unimaginative, just bring in some early 60s stuff and the fashion reviewers will love it, so boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->