Kate Moss For TopShop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I think the collection this time around is really nice...looks like the tiger dress will be selling on ebay for even more ridiculous prices than it was on topshop.com though. seriously £100?

well I think the collection this time around is really nice...looks like the tiger dress will be selling on ebay for even more ridiculous prices than it was on topshop.com though. seriously £100?

I already saw someone selling this dress on eBay now, and the bid started from £100. That seller must have picked up the dress from the shop because s/he provided photos of the dress in real life. Looks quite nice, actually.

I'm curious how far people would go for the dress on eBay.

i just checked topshop's website and i didnt see any leather trousers. some news stories about the KM collection mentioned one.

that's unbelievable that the panther dress sold out in only a few minutes!:o

i just checked topshop's website and i didnt see any leather trousers. some news stories about the KM collection mentioned one.

that's unbelievable that the panther dress sold out in only a few minutes!:o

I couldn't believe it either! There were so many girls asking about that dress and then there was one more left on the rack and two girls were fighting over it! I was shocked I mean in real life it honestly did not look that great. And seriously, 100 pounds? That's outrageous!

I couldn't believe it either! There were so many girls asking about that dress and then there was one more left on the rack and two girls were fighting over it! I was shocked I mean in real life it honestly did not look that great. And seriously, 100 pounds? That's outrageous!

Sorry for being off-topic, but this is hilarious. Would you care to describe how the fight started and what they did? Thanks. I wonder how it was resolved. Wow, a real-life catfight over a Kate Moss dress.

I can't believe the panther dress was only cotton, it was gorgeous but the quality was awful for £100.
i also want to hear about this fight :lol: and if people are fighting over km for topshop what are they going to be like about cdg for h&m :ninja:

Does anyone know if the Breton Tee fits like a shirt or a dress? Kate wore it like a dress in the pictures, I'm just wondering how the size is like.

Sorry for being off-topic, but this is hilarious. Would you care to describe how the fight started and what they did? Thanks. I wonder how it was resolved. Wow, a real-life catfight over a Kate Moss dress.

It was so ridiculous! Well, there was one more dress left on the rack and two women put their hands on the last one at the same time, and basically one girl snatched it and the other one snatched it back and then yeah one woman gave up. I couldn't believe they snatched it from each other I mean WOW.

Shoppers scramble for Kate Moss' Topshop Christmas collection as rails are ransacked after just 15 minutes of opening

In it's eighth season the popularity of Kate Moss' Topshop collection shows no sign of diminishing as shoppers rushed to buy the supermodel's latest creations today.

The scramble to grab a piece of the new Kate Moss Topshop collection caused such a frenzy that the rails had to be restocked within 15 minutes of the opening at the Oxford Street store in London.
Crowds of young women, who started queuing at 7.45am, scooped up the must have designer gear without even trying it on.
The most popular items include a black panther mini-dress worn by Miss Moss to the Vivienne Westwood show during London Fashion Week and a midnight-blue sequin gown that is inspired by the dress worn by the supermodel on her 30th birthday.
The store had already sold half the limited edition £400 midnight blue gowns by 10am and the panther dress was a huge hit on the Topshop website, selling out before the store had even opened.
A spokeswoman for the store said: 'There was a queue outside this morning of about 200 people. Some of them got here at 7.45am.

'When we opened at 9am they all rushed down and were grabbing the items off the shelves. By 9.15am we had to restock the department floor.

'The favourite by far is a black t-shirt dress with a panther claw on the front. Kate Moss has it herself and girls rushed straight to it when the doors opened.'
The vintage-inspired collection also features sequin-embellished T-shirts (£35), and drop-waist 1920s-style dresses (£80-£100), as well as a burgundy ruffled minidress (£120) and a gold, single-shouldered, floor-skimming gown (£120).

The launches success comes just days after Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green credited the supermodel with the store's record profits.
Praising Moss as a 'fantastic ambassador', the retail entrepreneur revealed that Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge are defying the credit crunch with soaring sales.
He insists the 'Kate effect' is just one reason for Topshop's growth. 'We have been good for her and she has been good for us,' he said of the supermodel, who fronts and designs the Kate Moss Topshop collection.

dailymail.co.uk

Okay I have to ask. Are you guys really finding this latest collection attractive or could you be getting caught up in hype? There were a lot of cool pieces in her prior collections but looking at the latest, some of it is just plain ugly and looks cheap to boot.

I will add my voice to that of dissent against the collection. It looks rather shapeless and not very good for the average female body. I saw a girl wearing one of the dresses at my club on saturday night and to be honest, she didn't look good. Too much flesh, too little shape.

^^ it's probably a mixture of both. but i for one nearly got caught in the hype:

i check the topshop website regularly for new items in general. i was oblivious to the kate moss christmas collection being released today until i came across this thread in TFS (which seemed to be really active at 1 am!) and read about it. i suddenly got really excited without having seen a single piece of the collection!

so i waited around on my laptop (well, i was doing work too LOL) for the collection to be launched.

finally, the collection was launched, but you couldn't buy anything just yet as they didn't release the inventory on the internet. while waiting for that to happen, i was able to preview the entire collection. i was getting all excited about the tiger dress mainly because of all the postings i saw on here. i even got excited about some limited edition pieces too (because they labeled the item LIMITED EDITION!!). once the collection was released for purchase, i was dumping things in my shopping cart, and was ready to spend $700! money that should put towards other things i needed!

in the end i had to step away, and not purchase anything. i thought to myself that a $250 dress made of viscose was not worth it. i really liked the tiger dress, but if i am honest i liked it because everyone else did. and in the end, i couldn't justify spending $100 on it, when given any random day in some random store with some random label, i probably wouldn't even pick that piece up if it was staring right at me. well, at least not for $100. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen sofie: I am not sure. Last time they didn't restock the most popular stuff like the fringe jacket for example.

Pingy: Okay, that sound odd. They you will have to pay duties for your packages?

No duties; I've ordered dozens of stuff from the UK and have never had to pay them. As for the UK and US sites having the same stocklist, it makes perfect sense: before the US site was launched, you could buy from the UK site and have it shipped to the US- then after the pound started to suffer the US site was launched, with absolutely no change in the way orders are processed and shipped, only that there is a separate US website and dollar prices that are unaffected by the exchange rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->