Kate Moss For TopShop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and as for the hype, I really genuinely love the panther dress- when I saw it on Kate I assumed it was VW since she was at the show, and when I found out it was KM Topshop I was excited I could get it. Though I was 1 minute too late...

I saw the zig zag dress in store yesterday and am thinking of buying it but do you think it's too party wear or can it be worn as a day dress with coat and tights?

Well, Guys, tell me something. I kind of already know the answer, but when I first heard about the Kate Moss and Top Shop thing, I was like , "What is it, a joke?". Because in my country Top Shop is considered gross or odd. I mean everyone finds their ads boring and the products lame. So that's why it was strange to hear that a high fashion model was gonna work for Top Shop. I know it's probably different in the USA, but I have to ask that, is there anyone whose first thought was, "oh that it so unprofessional" ?

Well, Guys, tell me something. I kind of already know the answer, but when I first heard about the Kate Moss and Top Shop thing, I was like , "What is it, a joke?". Because in my country Top Shop is considered gross or odd.

Do you have a Topshop in your country? Why is it considered like that? That's a first for me.:blink:
I guess no one was surprised that Kate was working for Topshop,Topshop it's like a British institution, she actually wore a lot of Topshop before and since they copied everything she dressed it made total sense she started working for them, it was a match made in heaven in a business perspective for both of them.

OK, I see ... Thanks for the infos. I didn't know about their "previous history".
Well, everyone sick of the fact when you turn on the TV in the morning, and you can't find anything interesting, because there's the Top Shop on every channel. It used to be interesting, but know, a lot say, It's Top Shop again ... how many times I have to watch this thing, I know every word of it. However, some product of theirs might be good. Actually, I don't know the exact explanation, it's just the way it is.

OK, I see ... Thanks for the infos. I didn't know about their "previous history".
Well, everyone sick of the fact when you turn on the TV in the morning, and you can't find anything interesting, because there's the Top Shop on every channel. It used to be interesting, but know, a lot say, It's Top Shop again ... how many times I have to watch this thing, I know every word of it. However, some product of theirs might be good. Actually, I don't know the exact explanation, it's just the way it is.

I guess we are not talking about the same shop...:ninja:

I guess we are not. Meanwhile I checked it and realised... Well, shame on me. :D
So just to clear things up: we don't have the Kate Moss kinda TopShop in Hungary.
Sorry for the misunderstanding...

The catfight for Kate Moss' £100 panther dress as her latest Topshop collection goes on sale

29th October 2008

article-1081231-02B7785C00000578-530_233x554.jpg

The Panther dress, modeled here by Kate Moss, was gone in 15 minutes

If you wanted a particular piece of Kate Moss glamour yesterday, you had only 15 minutes to get it.
Scores of young women queued outside Topshop's flagship store in London for more than an hour before opening to get the pick of the model's latest fashion collection.
The Christmas Collection, as it is called, is Miss Moss's most successful to date.
The £100 panther claw dress, which the model herself owns, sold out within 15 minutes of the doors opening at the Oxford Circus store.
The Topshop website was inundated with orders from 7am and the panther dress sold out on-line in two hours. But the fastest selling design was a £65 triangle rock dress which outstripped last season's star, a navy printed tea dress.
The impending recession seemed to have little impact on spending.
Half the stock of a midnight-blue floor-length gown - the most expensive at £400 - was gone in hours.
It was based on a design Miss Moss wore to her 30th birthday. A shorter version will be available in the newest Topshop branch in the Westfield shopping centre, which opens in West London tomorrow.
Miss Moss, 34, has a £3million deal with Topshop to design her own clothing collections.
They have been a runaway success for Topshop, tapping into the admiration many young women have for her style.
article-1081231-02464BFD000005DC-789_468x328.jpg

Fashion frenzy: Crowds flocked to Topshop's flagship store in Oxford Street, London, yesterday as Kate Moss launched her Christmas collection

'There was a queue outside this morning of about 200 people. Some of them got here at 7.45am,' a Topshop spokesman said.
'When we opened at 9am they all rushed down and were grabbing the items off the shelves. By 9.15am we had to restock.'
Office worker Holly Maggin, 23, snapped up the panther dress. 'It is just really cool,' she said.
I like her rock-chick style. I don't have time to try it on. I am already late for work.'
The vintage-inspired collection also features sequin-embellished T-shirts (£35), and drop-waist 1920s-style dresses (£80-£100), as well as a burgundy ruffled minidress (£120) and a gold, single-shouldered, floor-skimming gown (£120).
The launches success comes just days after Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green credited the supermodel with the store's record profits.
Enlarge Enlarge
article-1081231-02316882000005DC-388_148x440.jpg

Kate Moss Topshop Christmas collection: Long sequin dress, £400; ruffled minidress, £120; gold one-shoulder gown, £120
Praising Moss as a 'fantastic ambassador', the retail entrepreneur revealed that Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge are defying the credit crunch with soaring sales.
He insists the 'Kate effect' is just one reason for Topshop's growth. 'We have been good for her and she has been good for us,' he said of the supermodel, who fronts and designs the Kate Moss Topshop collection.
article-1081231-020293BE000004B0-959_468x332.jpg

Something to smile about: Topshop owner Philip Green has credited the stores profits to the success of the Kate Moss collections
dailymail

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the panther dress in Oxford St yesterday. Only one left! It looks quite nice but not like in the pictures tbh.

There are still many Triangle Rock Dresses left in the Topshop flagship store, Oxford Circus. I just came back from there. No sign of the Tiger/Panther dress, of course. There are also lots of Angora coats (from the collection released in September) so I don't really know why people are paying so much more on eBay for those Angora coats. I was in Oxford last week, and the Topshop in town also had quite a few Angora coats left.

There are still many Triangle Rock Dresses left in the Topshop flagship store, Oxford Circus. I just came back from there. No sign of the Tiger/Panther dress, of course. There are also lots of Angora coats (from the collection released in September) so I don't really know why people are paying so much more on eBay for those Angora coats. I was in Oxford last week, and the Topshop in town also had quite a few Angora coats left.

OMG really the triangle rock dress?? i m going to that store tmr hopefully there would be one in my size!! now i m so excited. and i want that angora coat too ^_^ please hv them in store!!!!

Really? I went to the Oxford St store yesterday and there was only 1 triangle rock dress left and it was a 12 :S maybe they were all in the changing rooms or something..

Really? I went to the Oxford St store yesterday and there was only 1 triangle rock dress left and it was a 12 :S maybe they were all in the changing rooms or something..

I was in the Oxford Circus shop pretty early yesterday morning, and I swear there were quite a lot of Triangle Rock dresses on the rail, although I have no idea what sizes they are. I already ordered mine online so I didn't check. I also saw a girl grabbing the dress walking around, either to pay for it or try it on. At least 4 or 5 Angora coats were definitely on the rail too. :smile:

Britt Ekland wears a 1920s-inspired black sequin dress that was later worn by Kate Moss on her 30th birthday, proving that true style never goes out of fashion.

dailymail.co.uk

this is the gown that kate based her topshop design on!

Attachments

• britt.jpg
    britt.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 17
I saw the panther dress in Oxford St yesterday. Only one left! It looks quite nice but not like in the pictures tbh.

i agreed. things are not as gd in real life. i saw the triangle rock dress today and it is not as gd as i expected. the fabric of the silver triangles looks a bit cheap. :doh: so disappointed...

I really think that Panther dress will be a real disappointment when you guys actually see it in real life, it looked cheap to me even in the photo.

Some girl on ebay has sold her panther dress saying that the panther part was too sheer, is that true ? Does anyone have a pic of themselves wearing it ?

I can't believe that this cotton dress reached the price of 350 dollars on ebay.It's just crazy !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martinroca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->