Kate Moss for Topshop S/S 2007 : Irina Lazareanu

F

fashionologie

from vogue.co.uk:

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
KATE'S BEST MATE
spacer.gif
IRINA LAZAREANU is a name to remember. And that's exactly what Kate Moss thought when she picked her from hundreds of hopefuls to model in the look book for her new TopShop collection. Having been a drummer in Pete Doherty's band Babyshambles, Lazareanu was first introduced to Kate before her modelling days. A few years later in 2005, the supermodel was guest-editing French Vogue and decided to cast a very young Irina in a shoot. "Kate thinks she's got a very unique, rock-chick look," says our source. "She really felt that Irina embodies the feel of her TopShop range - her porcelain skin, her big eyes under her thick Sixties fringe - it was a look Kate was impressed with." A face you'll no doubt recognise, Lazareanu has now risen to fame and starred in campaigns for Chanel, Mulberry and Hugo Boss and opened almost every headlining show this season. KM TopShop, which is certain to cause a shopping scrum when it hits the Oxford Circus flagship store on May 1, has also been bought up by New York's Barneys to be sold exclusively by the department store. Their stock will be available one week later than the UK, from May 8 and will be celebrated with a huge party in Moss' honour. "The clothes are super cute," Barneys' fashion director Julie Gilhart told WWD. "She's very much a Barneys kind of look." (March 28 2007, AM)

Personally I think Kate should've modelled for the lookbook, I mean it is her collection and she is a model...

I can't believe that Irina is going to be modelling for topshop. :shock:

alix* said:
I can't believe that Irina is going to be modelling for topshop. :shock:

Only because Kate knows her as she used to be in Pete's band and she has that 'rock and roll' look that portrays Kate so well. But yeah...I see what your saying its quite 'downhill' for Irina, but it is no worse than Drew Barrymore modelling for New Look - a big Hollywood star!

^^ god, i dunno if thats worse for New Look or for DB. She's not exactly a style icon:lol:
I actually think Irina's look suits the collection - i know its esentially a high street collection but the fact that its Kate's collection means she prob wont loose too much cred for doing it...maybe?!?!

No surprise here; the two are good friends, aren't they?

i think it would be great!

doesn't matter that topshop has lower range on clothings irina used to modeled, but i believe the profit of this company could be much more than big designer houses.

milla jovovich also modeled for mango.
laetitia casta for L'oreal, cindy crawford for some cheap cosmetics.

i love that irina is going to model Kate's clothes, I think she's perfect for it even tho she doesn't have the exact same style as Kate she can pull of anything and IMO she will be perfect in Kate's rock'n'roll style clothes^^

I think Irina pulls it off very well. Too bad TopShop is only in the UK.. :(

Can a mod please delete the images above as it's just catalogue images. Thank you.

alix* said:
Can a mod please delete the images above as it's just catalogue images. Thank you.

that's just rude... they are just being nice to cap the images from the web for everyone to see and share... lots of other people put catalogue images in the forum as well... i don't think they should be put down...

and i think i should THANKS to everyone who took their time to capture the images...

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->