Donna Karan S/S 2008 : Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
Source | WWD | December 5, 2007

2087679827_d4d104e164_o.jpg

2088468000_d698304a7f.jpg

Donna Karan's new Collection campaign features a sun-kissed Kate Moss showing off her sexy and sultry side — a far cry from the waiflike mien that made the model a household name in the early Nineties. Moss, who makes her first appearance in Karan's ads, was photographed in Los Angeles by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott last month. The images have a cinematic feel, with Moss dancing to the sounds of a Cuban band, or hanging out on Havana-like streets. "It's Nueva York," Karan said. "We wanted a kind of Cuba...[Kate] understood it completely. It didn't feel like a model just wearing the clothes, it felt like somebody who really owned it, somebody who came alive with a story behind her." The campaign breaks in fashion and lifestyle books in February.

love the idea of a cuban-inspired set, though it's a little too dead and photoshopped to achieve its purpose.. same for Kate. I'm very intrigued to see this up close, I usually love the quality of DKNY ads.. although Mert and Marcus instead of Lindbergh are being quite the turnoff for me here. :glare:

thanks for the thread, MMA!!.. so early. :shock:

The idea is perfect for the collection, but like Mullet said, it's very dead.

Lindbergh could've done wonders with this, or maybe Mikael Jansson, with a different model and natural light...

It's a little disturbing how Kate's hair matches the rust on that car so well.

I will say this though, that jacket and skirt combo looks fab with that pose.

^I actually thought I was looking at Jansson's work for a moment! The atmosphere of these is very reminiscent to the Hilary Rhoda ads...a raw environment complemented by a well-dressed woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks better than I thought it would look, thanks a lot MMA!

liked the cuba inspirationn, yes rememberme the Style to the ads of Mikael Jansson with Hylary Roda, this im much better im expected, is good but Mert and Marcus sometimes they saturate with the use of yellow color

Oh glad to see previews! The concept might seem out-dated and over-used but I like it so far. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
All Ads with Kate unfortunately loook similar... I think she is tired and her look is same ... kinda exhausted all the time... Cuban theme would be much better with some other model... model who has some blink in her eyes... Love Ms Moss but apparently there is no model who can advertise and fit everything well... why does not she color hair or change something in her image?!!!

Wonderful concept but Kate is just..stale. She does not exude any emotion IMO. She looks beautiful but I don't get any sense of emotion from her in these ads.

It's a LOT better than I had expected though...

it's not as bad as i thought it was going to be...
i miss the energy of the older donna karan ads, like the ones with erin wasson, diana dondoe and bianca balti...

^I actually thought I was looking at Jansson's work for a moment! The atmosphere of these is very reminiscent to the Hilary Rhoda ads...a raw environment complemented by a well-dressed woman.
Me too its very Mikael,i have to see it in a magazine for a final judgment,but i quite like it so faar.

I love Kate (like woah!) and I'm willing to admit I've seen better from her. That aside, really, I love these. Donna Karan ads are just so dull, that more times than not, I greatly dislike them. THIS ONE brings a little more spice to it. <3

Those pics look better than what I've seen on S/S 2008 ads thread... I kinda like it.

it's not as bad as i thought it was going to be...
i miss the energy of the older donna karan ads, like the ones with erin wasson, diana dondoe and bianca balti...

I think I know what you mean... when I think of DK, I think of a superstrong, in control woman, a dominatrix in businesswoman attire. Diana, Erin and Bianca all have that sexy but not vulgar quality. Kate, like most of the British girls, is pretty and edgy- a very different look and feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->