Donna Karan S/S 2008 : Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

testinofan...please credit your pics in #28 or they will be deleted...

testinofan...please credit your pics in #28 or they will be deleted...

Are from My PC archive me no remember all photos who scaneed some yes other not, in this 11 years

I have to admit I didn't have very high expectations for this campaign, but it's turned out amazingly well. I'm no Kate fan, but I love what Mert & Marcus did w/ Donna Karan.:blush::heart:

I really do love Kate, but is it wrong that my first thought looking at this was Blanche Dubois and not in a good way? Its ok. I guess.

They're good, they have that whole atmosphere I was hoping and expecting they would but....

They're a goddamn ripoff of Mikael Jansson's campaigns for DK!!!! It's not entirely literal, but the sweaty, serene, atmospheric set in an exotic locale with a vaguely romantic storyline is so MJ for Donna Karan.

Figures the first time M&M do something outside of their Barbie box it's nothing they can clamin as their own.

It's beautiful....Donna Karan ads have been awful the last few seasons (maybe always), but this is so great, gritty and sensuous, yet also elegant.

These ads are quite unexpected.
I love the theme of the campaign, except I'm reminded a lot of Roberto Cavalli? I'm not sure why. It must be the whole sandy area and the two red dresses.

Can't wait to see these in HQ!

at first i was like "NOT KATE MOSS AGAIN!!! ARRR!!!"

then i was like "WOW THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!"... oh dear...

Donna Karan S/S 2008 Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus

The images, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, feature Moss--in her first-ever campaign for the iconic American designer--in a pseudo movie-still type setup. According to Karan, the photos have a festive and flamboyant Havana nights theme to them, inspired by the energy of Cuba. "It's very cinematographic in that it shows a rawness but a polish of Kate, someone who has non-stop energy," Karan said. "It's not New York, but Nueva York." The campaign breaks in fashion and lifestyle books in February.

FWD

i like the atmosphere like a movie...
kate is so charming!!

love the idea of a cuban-inspired set, though it's a little too dead and photoshopped to achieve its purpose..

exactly! besides Kate Moss looks so out of her prime,****^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, that's a pretty baby and all of those pics were very well took.. but it's not the kind of thing that we expect from DK. is it?

Ricardo Yui

^ Definitely yes, DK has been doing ads like these for years with the exotic location, moody lighting, sensual storyline...at this point they're kind of a house signature.

Maybe, but the last season was pretty diferent, DK was walking in other way working with McNeil and Testino. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->