Longchamp S/S 2009 : Kate Moss and Sasha Pivovarova by Mert and Marcus

Ed..

cape cod kwassa kwassa!
Reaction score
longchamp2.jpg

longchamp1.jpg

CLOTHES CALL: Longchamp’s next campaign shines the spotlight on the leather goods house’s burgeoning women’s ready-to-wear line – along with those covetable bags. Shot in Los Angeles by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot, the striking photo series features Kate Moss and Sasha Pivovarova against a retro green wall dressed in pieces from its 12-piece spring collection. Focused on outerwear, the line ranges from a silk and cotton blouse to a sporty linen trench in the house’s iconic LM horse print. “The ideas is to create key items you can mix with everything,” said Sophie Delafontaine, Longchamps’ artistic director. Codes from the house’s leather goods lines surface across the designs, distributed in Longchamp’s 100 doors worldwide, such as bamboo toggles and leather trims.
While some previous campaigns have shown Moss in her birthday suit, with only a large Longchamp bag for modesty, Longchamp’s spring take resembles classic fashion editorial. “Today, handbags have become so much a part of the fashion world,” said managing director Jean Cassegrain, “It’s important we have a line of ready-to-wear to express our fashion personality.” He noted, however, that clothing represents less than 5 percent of its business. The campaign breaks in a range of February glossies, with no change in budgets versus the first half of 2007. “We are lucky to be a fully family-owned business. When we talk of a timeline it’s not in terms of the next quarter, but [rather] a long-term view,” said Cassegrain. Coming in January is a “making of” movie about the campaign for the Longchamp Web site, which receives more than 300,000 monthly hits. WWD.
Gorgeous... :o

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is STUNNING, love the colours and the chemistry between them, and the second pose is so hot, they look like sisters, just brilliant.

Thanks Ed for posting. :flower:

Wow this is great....perfect casting. And I love their hair!

Brilliant! They both look gorgeus plus I love the colours :wub:

AMAZING! Mert and marcus are really versitile! With bold colours as always, but the slight vintage photography/photoshop skills attributes so much to the amazing-ness! :D

LOVE LOVE the second pic, hot lesbian action there! But sasha looks a little different don't you guys think?

stunning..it looks vintage
i love the colors..the models
its a 10 out of 10 for me
the 2nd shot is my fav

Isn't it great that good, completely unexpected casting can still blow our minds like this?

WOW!!:buzz::clap: this is absolutely fantasic!!! the lighting there is brilliant!!!!

Ohhhhh.... fantastic! The girls look beautiful and the chemistry is amazing. I am surprised it took casting people so long to put them together.

I wasn't sure how they would work together, but this is great. Very nice.

:woot::woot::shock: It's absolutely amazing! I thought it'll be great but I haven't expected anything as gorgeous as this. The second ad is especially great. Love the green color and Kate's and Sasha's lips, hair and cheekbones. Work totally perfect together :heart::wub:

I don't know why but all the green reminds me of one of the Miu Miu ads with Vanessa Paradis, and for that reason I don't like it, but the models look great, they compliment each other very well. Thank you Ed...

They really are perfectly matched in this campaign! I absolutely love the colors and how moody the ads feel.

Though, I will miss seeing Gaspard Ulliel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->