Kendra Spears and Prince Rahim Married *Update* Expecting First Child

So it's kind of a family tradition :D

Dad:

The Aga Khan married his first wife, former British model Sarah ("Sally") Frances Croker-Poole, who assumed the name Begum Salimah Aga Khan, on October 22, 1969 (civil) and October 28, 1969 (religious), at his home (at that time) in Paris, France.
Older sister Zahra:
She married British businessman and former model Mark Boyden, an Anglican, in a civil ceremony on 21 June 1997.
Only the younger brother Hussain married one of us commoners ^_^ :
On April 27, 2006, the Prince announced his intention to marry Kristin J. White (born 1976), an American whom he met while both were attending graduate school at Columbia, sometime in the autumn of 2006.
And now Rahim's turn (we know Ms. Spears is a model even if it's not noted here). He's the middle child.
On April 26, 2013 Aga Khan IV announced the engagement of prince Rahim Aga Khan, to Ms. Kendra Spears.
source: wiki

lol jealousy is a b*tch. Kendra is amazing and this is great news for her. She had an interview in i-D last Nov. and they asked if she was in love and she said yes but didn't mention him although she posted several photos of her with him.

If it looks to good to be true it usually is :ninja:
So, he is attractive, millionaire, royal... and with 42 years old never been married? A little weird for me.
His grandfather divorced twice and was a known playboy, his father also divorced twice... I hope he breaks the tradition and they'll be a happy couple.
Best wishes.

Will she change her name to a Muslim name?

And most importantly, will her thread move from "supporting cast" to "star style"?

He's a lucky man, she's a lovely and intelligent young woman.

aside from the obvious perks of marrying into an incredibly wealthy and influential international family, i frankly find it difficult to understand why a girl from Seattle would want to adopt a conservative Islamic lifestyle. it just seems like a bit of a cultural stretch. perhaps i'm just a bit ignorant as to what exactly is expected of the extremely wealthy jetset conservative muslims.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ when you're in love sometimes those stretches and changes are easy to make. I moved thousands of mile from friends and family for my hubs.

And most importantly, will her thread move from "supporting cast" to "star style"?

Well, I hope she becomes a major couture client. If she's become more of a philanthropist and socialite, she may be more suited to the "fashion pack" threads.

In any event, as much as I enjoy her modeling, I am happy for her! I'm sure she knows exactly what she's getting into, she is an adult who has traveled the world after all, so I don't know why so many of you are being so judgmental.

Well i don't think she's going to stop modeling any time soon.. She was working with Ben Watts according to Twitter.

^ Lovely. Thanks for the news. I hope we will get a picture of that at least!

Prince Rahim Aga Khan Weds Ms. Kendra Salwa Spears

Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa during their nikah ceremony. Photo: TheIsmaili / Gary Otte

Mawlana Hazar Imam, Prince Rahim, Princess Salwa and members of the Imam’s family pose for a photograph with the members of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum after the nikah ceremony. Photo: TheIsmaili / Gary Otte

Earlier this month, His Highness the Aga Khan, the 49th Imam of Ismaili Muslims announced that the Nikah of his eldest son, Prince Rahim Aga Khan, to Ms. Kendra Salwa Spears would take place in Geneva on August 31, 2013.

The day finally arrived with the Nikah taking place earlier today in Geneva, Switzerland, in a private ceremony attended by members and friends of both families. At the request of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Chairman and Members of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum (LIF), represented the global Ismaili community at the event held on the shores of Lake Geneva, on the grounds of the Château de Bellerive — the residence of Mawlana Hazar Imam's uncle, the late Prince Sadruddin and his wife Princess Aliya.

In Islam, the Nikah is a solemn and sacred social contract between the bride and the groom; each has the “liberty to define various terms and conditions of their liking and make them a part of this marriage contract.”

Source: simerg.com

The newly married couple enjoy a moment together on their wedding day. Photo: TheIsmaili / Gary Otte. Source: theismail.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa were married on 31 August 2013 on the shores of Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Photo: TheIsmaili / Gary Otte. Source: theismaili.org

The proceedings commenced with the recitation of a traditional qasida in the Farsi language, in praise of Hazrat Ali. This was followed by the nikah recited by His Eminence Sayyed Muhammad Musawi, a prominent Shia faith leader.

To mark the festive occasion, the LIF presented Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa with an 18th century piece of Islamic art.

Source: theismail.org

so she is a muslim now as well and called salwa from now on?
congrats to the couple, somehow she doesn't seem very happy though. (but, well, might be just me...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->