Kris Van Assche Replaced with Gareth Pugh at Dior Homme?

where will van asche go if this is true? any house really would fit him better than dior
i'd like to see a toned down Pugh... see what he is able to do, but i am not sure if dior is the right house. When i think of Gareth i can't help thinking PATENT LEATHER, and then i remember hedi's dior and he did quite a bit of that, and then KVA also did an attempt... if gareth isnt able to dissociate himself from that, maybe it wont even look dior at all, not pugh... just a mess...
oh! don't we love to speculate about rumours on the net? :P

I love a good rumor! Personally I am indifferent to what happens at Dior Homme in these days so anyone can go there. -_-

thinking of it... i'm liking the idea of gareth at dior less and less now...
regardless how "edgy" he is... he is vulgar.
hedi's kids (as much as i hate that expression) always looked like "a million bucks", spoiled and wasted...
gareth men and women just don't.

hedi's kids (as much as i hate that expression) always looked like "a million bucks", spoiled and wasted...

Very good point. It was a calculated and polished "dirty" if I could say it. Pugh's "dirty" is just that eventhough he does very nice things. We'll see!

I think they could.
Gareth Pugh is the most extreme designer to show at Paris, and he knows that. He unleashes that beast into his collection. I don't think he will bring that to DH if he ends up there. Remember he is from the London underground, he knows all about the "million bucks, spoiled and wasted".

Oh, and by the way, whoever ends up driving Dior Homme, the worst thing he can do is trying to copy or keep doing what Hedi did. Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme is over, and nobody gains from someone else trying to play Hedi.

I think they could.
Gareth Pugh is the most extreme designer to show at Paris, and he knows that. He unleashes that beast into his collection. I don't think he will bring that to DH if he ends up there. Remember he is from the London underground, he knows all about the "million bucks, spoiled and wasted".

Oh, and by the way, whoever ends up driving Dior Homme, the worst thing he can do is trying to copy or keep doing what Hedi did. Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme is over, and nobody gains from someone else trying to play Hedi.

If I remember correctly, Gareth Pugh's collections are mostly done with the idea of "getting by" with what you have. I know I read/heard that somewhere (or maybe I am dreaming). I do not think he would be one to all of sudden start to play luxe it up.

I agree with the second paragraph though. ^_^

If I remember correctly, Gareth Pugh's collections are mostly done with the idea of "getting by" with what you have. I know I read/heard that somewhere (or maybe I am dreaming). I do not think he would be one to all of sudden start to play luxe it up.

I agree with the second paragraph though. ^_^

I'm not saying anything a hundred per cent, but seeing he is Rick and Michelle's little protegé, and his clothes are produced by their factory (in Italy if I remember correctly), he will know the concept of luxe. Not that Dior Homme is all that "luxe" anyway.

I think they could.
i totally agree! a slimane-reenactment would be terrible. that was totally my point when saying i associate gareth with patent, and then how both slimane had done patent, and then kva had "tried" without success...
that's why i think maybe an underground designer (if we can still call gareth that) as a new-galliano wouldnt work.
the idea of putting the subversive kid in the big name house is just as over as hedi slimane at dior is... it worked with john, it worked with ricardo tisci's obscurity... but i think that's enough.

i want to imagine a new dior homme that dresses the old slimane kids that are not rock-star wannabes anymore and that eventually had to go to work. whether this man is on top of a cool publishing house or an advertisment company, or he is organizing music festivals around the globe, he certainly isnt wearing gareth.
he wants more of what he's seen his whole life, but he is in no age and position to wear hot pink suits anymore. so what's next?

Not that Dior Homme is all that "luxe" anyway.
but it'd be better if it was, no? B)
only 5 years ago galliano was doing logo-trash in canvas and look at him now. it seems all he can think of is mink and crocodile :lol:

I think the problem now (same problem with Gucci) is that it went from a lifestyle brand to just a standard fashion house so it would require someone with an extreme vision able to influence a lifestyle.

^^ entirely true!! under hedi dior could do just about everything and still had some credibility. even if it was guitar cases, candles, sunglasses, clothes, bags, trunks, underwear... you name it.
just the fact that it's kva at the helm now, makes me not want to buy the slimane-old stuff that are still around

i totally agree! a slimane-reenactment would be terrible. that was totally my point when saying i associate gareth with patent, and then how both slimane had done patent, and then kva had "tried" without success...
that's why i think maybe an underground designer (if we can still call gareth that) as a new-galliano wouldnt work.
the idea of putting the subversive kid in the big name house is just as over as hedi slimane at dior is... it worked with john, it worked with ricardo tisci's obscurity... but i think that's enough.

i want to imagine a new dior homme that dresses the old slimane kids that are not rock-star wannabes anymore and that eventually had to go to work. whether this man is on top of a cool publishing house or an advertisment company, or he is organizing music festivals around the globe, he certainly isnt wearing gareth.
he wants more of what he's seen his whole life, but he is in no age and position to wear hot pink suits anymore. so what's next?

Well, I think to imaging Gareth Pugh for Dior Homme. I think it's important to think that Pugh won't design for DH with the same approach as he does to his own line. I actually think this will be great, because it will see Gareth working within a tight frame, making... "streetwear" within the limits of Dior but adding his own golden touch. And then he will have complete creative freedom in his own line, because he'll have nothing to prove (with all the "boooh! It's not wearable")

... what about galliano retiring and gareth taking over? provocative thought! :lol:

seriously... john does his line so much better it's a waste of time to do both B)

i think pugh is too new. i mean he does a lot of embellishing like kva and isnt that what is wrong with kva? things become too gimmicky.

nicolas andreas taralis?

I kind of don't care for the brand, but the fit would seem to be perfect, non?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->