La Redoute

stilista..i've only heard bad things about stylists in london myself...
the industry is pretty small over there and i think there aren't a lot of showrooms...so a lot of people borrow from stores and take too long to return...etc...
(NOT YOU...of course...:lol: ...)

you guys definitely have a bad reputation...LOL...:innocent:...

:lol: :lol: that's funny!! I had no idea it was only a London thing :shock: I am always appaled at the way some clothes come to me from showrooms - some stylists really don't care how they treat something so I find myself trying to repair things I didn't do just out of respect for the clothes :lol: pathetic, I know...

If I don't return next day....fancy chocolates go a long way with an office full of women and gay men... :P :innocent:

:lol:...yes...presents never hurt ...do they??...

i think partly because the market is so competetive here and there are so many mags fighting over the same samples...you really have to return on time or at least let them know if you'll be late because the sample is usually scheduled to go back out to someone else the same day...some showrooms are stricter than others...but you never want to mess with the bigs ones or you won't get what you need next time...

:wink:

...i kind of think that the idea of several different magazines fighting over the same sample is kind of cute actually :lol: ...

it's not a pretty sight brian...:lol:...
some editors can get really ugly..:lol:

my la redoute boots have still not arrived. They do not phone me back - EVER. Neither do they know who their courier is nor do they know how to get in touch with the courier. They are rude, patronising & unhelpful & I will not be buying anything from them again!!!! I am even going to write to the CEO of the Parent Company to complain.

That's really awful Helena :huh: Go get 'em! I have been through the whole "we'll call you back..." scenario.

I have received things from their press office (which is attached to the mailorder warehouse, so I assume the same courier is used? ) by Initial Citylink, and whenever things haven't arrived when they should have, they were always able to track and trace for me and were unbelievably helpful, so I don't see any reason why they can't do the same for you. I think it's a stalling tactic.

Whenever I order for myself, they always seem to have a "delay in the warehouse". In my case 4 months is an awfully long warehouse delay :lol: a whole season!

thanks stilista - Ithink its about time for the 'i am a lawyer you know' line again. Its shocking actually - Iam sure there must be something in the Sale of Goods Act which protects me.... I will have a look tonight. Thats sure to frighten them. I mean they have my money!!!!!!!

i got a swimsuit there a year or so ago and they were out of stock...but they didn't tell me that when I ordered. I've had the same experience with Newport News too. Gives me more reason not to shop from catalogs.

stilisat - called them yesterday - and they agreed to declare the boots 'lost' and to send me another pair. Shocking service. what about you?

wow...can't believe all that drama helena...:shock:

I was going to get this Cacharel skirt, but does it not live up to the picture? Would appreciate all comments. It looks so nice!

If I recall correctly Softie posted earlier that she bought it (the cacharel skirt) and when it arrived was very disappointed in the quality and returned it ??

Thats what I was thinking. I was wondering if anyone else had had the same problems. Also, did it come up big or small? :huh:

Fashion Puss said:
I was going to get this Cacharel skirt, but does it not live up to the picture? Would appreciate all comments. It looks so nice!

I got a Cacharel blouse from La Redoute and it is sooo pretty. The shoulders were a bit narrower but the body was plenty big, I've ordered some of the trousers too and got the size down from what I'd originally ordered in the blouse. The site converts to American sizing for over here and is a bit too generous. I'd say Cacharel is pretty true to most French sizing, and that the textiles don't translate as well online as they actually look in person. I bet that skirt is waaay prettier in real life!

You should get it!:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fashion Puss said:
Thats what I was thinking. I was wondering if anyone else had had the same problems. Also, did it come up big or small? :huh:

i agree with fox i t s ...
it runs a bit big...
the swtr was worse than the skirt... but the skirt just wasn't flattering...it made me look pregnant... :o :unsure:

i'm curious about the new stuff...i'd like to get some liberty print stuff maybe... :innocent:

Sigh. One of the other times I wish I were a woman. Id buy the whole Gaultier collection, its fantastic...

Oh great. Just phoned them. It seems there was a fault on the system and my Cacharel skirt is temporarily out of stock. They don't know when there's more coming in, the don't know whats happening, they don't know how long I will have to wait...what do they know? Bugger all, it seems.

What a bummer. :censored:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->