La Redoute

helena said:
I ordered these in black from La Redoute today. Their staff are unbeleivably grumpy!!!!

IK059A21G.JPG

I don't seem to be grasping that spring will be soon.:huh: :unsure:

got these from la redoute - six weeks after I ordered them.....and they look crap. They are like welly boots on me - too wide & too clumpy. so after that huge long wait they have gone back. Thats it no more from La Redoute for me

oh cripes!!..:o
after all that?!?!....and they were crap?...
so sorry helena...such a drag...

I've had to cancel my order from a month ago. They are waiting for shipments to come into their warehouse. I cannot be bothered to wait any longer. I am sick of calling them.

They don't know whats going on. I ordered a Cacharel scarf a month ago, they say it has handed over to their courrier 10 days ago. But it can take the couriers up to 14 days to deliver it :smile:o )
Never ever ever again am I using La Redoute. Their staff were grumpy and very unfriendly. They don't have any contact with their departments (warehouse, courriers...) And it takes them over a month to get things to you.
So how come internet companies like Amazon can run perfectly well?
LA REDOUTE IS CR*P
:censored:

helena said:
got these from la redoute - six weeks after I ordered them.....and they look crap. They are like welly boots on me - too wide & too clumpy. so after that huge long wait they have gone back. Thats it no more from La Redoute for me

:o Poor helena! Will they reimburse you for the shipping at least? Six weeks is ridiculous!

I'm thinking of ordering these:

A Vanessa Bruno tunic
8683704o_aix.jpg

and the Unité La Redoute black sandals
img_zoom_2-2-fr.jpg

8808028o_aix.jpg

Has anyone ordered these? How does the size run? I usually wear a size 5 in shoes but they only have some 36? I'll be ordering directly from France since I'm in Canada so I'm hoping customer service will be less crapy...

Thanks!

yeah they have so cool stuff... sometimes it looks great on the models but when you receive it at home you're like :blink: WTF? did i order this rag? and yes indeed you did!:lol:

You know, their hype about all their stock coming from france is a load of rubbish. I work for one of their suppliers and our stuff is shipped directly from here is the UK. La Redoute is nothing but lies and bad service. :yuk:

^^ I said that in an earlier post - the majority of stuff is held in a nothern UK warehouse (Empire Stores - rather 70's/80's home shopping catalogue company!) and a small number of items come from France...

but what's so special about it coming from France? :huh: Doesn't make a cotton shirt any better a cotton shirt....

ironic said:
Has anyone ordered these? How does the size run? I usually wear a size 5 in shoes but they only have some 36? I'll be ordering directly from France since I'm in Canada so I'm hoping customer service will be less crapy...

Thanks!

Hi Ironic!

I order the tunic, but returned it. The fit was bit off and the shoulders protruded out much more than I expected. If you still go with it, order down a size. The original I ordered was WAY too big which I think was my fault and when I exchanged it for a smaller one (2 sizes to be exact) it still seemed really oversized.

I dealt with customer service in the States and didn't have a problem. In fact, they were really helpful (sorry Helena :cry:). I also got a 15% discount for my next order b/c of my problems with the fit. I'm assuming this is typical on any return. Good luck!

Thanks Curious :flower: I think I'm gonna pass on the tunic. I still :heart: the sandals and hope someone who has them can tell me more about them...

And I don't think it's better because it's from France. I just read about the awful customer service some people received and thought that dealing directly with laredoute.fr might be better :wink:

i thought about that white shirt too...
but it seems too long...:huh:...

or maybe i'm just too short...
:lol:

^ Ha!

It was too long... or something.

Once I got the smaller size, it fit better through the chest and shoulders, but then the tie was up at my natural waist instead of at my hip where I would have expected it and the bottom of the shirt was all tight around my **** :blink: Not flattering!

In short, it was just... weird. Good choice Ironic!

^^i got the gold sandals, and ordered an 8...they came as a 39 which was a little roomie but nothing a heel pad couldn't fix. They're great! I kind of wish I'd gotten the black, though.

I got a different tunic, a 38, and it's plenty roomy, possibly a bit too much so, but the style of it is breezy anyway so no big deal with the right belt. They reall upsize for the N.American sizing, I think they're of the opinion that we're all fat!:P

maybe so...

but all the vanessa bruno stuff is cut long and narrow...
that's her target customer...

and it doesn't always work if you have curves...:innocent:...
so FRENCH...:lol:

^I just had another look at it, it's actually Comtoir des Cotonniers, just a cheapie, but as with the Cacherel stuff, i found it yes, narrow in the shoulders but not quite as much in the body. I reallllly should have ordered a size down :( I hadn't even tried it on until now and it is too big.

Thanks for the info Fox in the snow :flower:

Is this your tunic?
img_zoom_3-3-fr.jpg

I saw the other colors also and they all look great! I thought about getting that one also but figured it looked too roomy for my 5 foot-frame :wink:

yes that is the one. I got the sable colour, and i'm giving it a wash now hoping to get out the terrible pressing marks they had on the sleeves...i think the fabric will be nicer once washed; It's quite cute and at 5'7" i'd say i'm just at the cut off for being tall enough :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
oceanharlot said:
I am obsessed with La Redoute! I order from them all the time... so fabulous! Did you see the black and white Barbara Bui heels? So cute!
me too :blush: i have bought so much from there :D

I'm sereously thinking of buying some stuff. they have so much nice <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->